The Liz Rosenberg Appreciation Thread

Guest Ashley

Guest Ashley

A thread dedicated to Liz Rosenberg, a person with fortitude, resilience, mettle who guided, defended and promoted M so well for years. 

Can anyone share anything on Liz's background, stories about her they know, their experience when they've met her or saw her with M at an event? 

images.jpeg

madonna-liz-rosenberg-1990-2.jpg

I will say this.  She totally gets Madonna.  She supported her 100% through the ups and downs, or at least she made it appear that way.  She's as ballsy as Madonna is and isn't afraid to defend her even though Madonna can handle her own.  If I recall, Madonna pretty much barged into her office, demanding her to represent her.  She is one of very few women who had a strong kinship with Madonna.  And speaking to her, you'd think you were speaking to a man, the way she commands attention and can be just as intimidating as Madonna can be. 

In 1992, Madonna played Liz in this skit on SNL who she actually makes fun of herself as Liz!  Roseanne plays her mother. 

Liz is a spitfire and I love it. I love when she leaked the story about how much Guy had taken from Madonna after his father or some relative went around bragging about to spite them for the leeches they were. I hear her and Madonna are so close she's apparently called her "Ma" at some points if I think I read it in Christopher's book so take it as you must. She apparently used to smoke pot or would in her office according to Chris in marijuana cigarettes. She's also so iconic for her head gear she always sports when she's out and about. Someone please find the gif of her shoving reporters out of the way for Madonna to walk!

EDIT. Never mind found it!

ColossalKnobbyFlies-small.gif

3 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Liz is a spitfire and I love it. I love when she leaked the story about how much Guy had taken from Madonna after his father or some relative went around bragging about to spite them for the leeches they were. I hear her and Madonna are so close she's apparently called her "Ma" at some points if I think I read it in Christopher's book so take it as you must. She apparently used to smoke pot or would in her office according to Chris in marijuana cigarettes. She's also so iconic for her head gear she always sports when she's out and about. Someone please find the gif of her shoving reporters out of the way for Madonna to walk!

EDIT. Never mind found it!

ColossalKnobbyFlies-small.gif

:laughing:

Guest Ashley

I've come across this interview of Liz Rosenberg. It's really interesting. 

'She calls me Mom sometimes,' Ms Rosenberg acknowledges. 'I'm completely maternal, very protective toward Madonna. She's strong in a lot of ways. But I know a lot of it is just a front. I try to teach her things the way mothers want to teach their children about life: patience, empathy and calm. And humour. Sometimes I just remind her: 'Let's not take any of this too seriously.' '

'Each morning the publicist calls Madonna to, as Ms Rosenberg puts it, take her temperature. 'If I have to disrupt her time in the studio,' she explains, 'I have to know if she's in a bitchy mood.' Ms Rosenberg's power within the industry derives from the fact that she controls virtually all access to Madonna and has authority to speak on her behalf.'

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/whats-it-like-being-mom-to-madonna-liz-rosenberg-is-paid-to-keep-the-star-out-of-trouble-with-the-1556887.html

Guest Ashley

You could write an entertaining movie script about Liz. 

Liz Rosenberg tells off 'Bad Girl' reporter

Sunday, 26 September 2010

Madonna's longtime publicist Liz Rosenberg had to discipline a disobedient reporter at the Macy's launch of the Material Girl fashion line on Wednesday. 
After Rosenberg explained to camera crews that they would get three questions each, and every question had to be about fashion, 'The Insider' reporter broke the rules on her third query: 'What do you think about Ashton and Demi breaking up?' 
One witness told Page Six: 'Liz slapped the microphone out of the reporter's hand. Madonna and Lola didn't bat an eye as the mike landed at their feet. The daughter is well-trained.' Another source said, 'Liz pointed a finger at the reporter and said, 'Bad girl!' ' 
A journalist on the so-called 'step and repeat' line said Rosenberg particularly was trying to prevent questions about a crazed Madonna stalker who had just been arrested with a seven-inch ice pick. 
'After what happened to the 'The Insider' reporter, none of us tried to ask more than three questions, and everything was about the clothes. We were so scared. Liz Rosenberg is scarier than Madonna.' 
And Her Madgesty had so much security, the prime minister of Romania, Emil Boc, had trouble leaving with his entourage of 14 after doing some shopping. 
Madonna's security wouldn't let the Romanian leader and his entourage exit on Seventh Avenue, where their cars were parked, and the Eastern Europeans had to walk all the way around the block. 
The Material Mom later joined 300 fellow Kabbalists - including Ronald Lauder and state attorney general candidate Eric Schneiderman - at Prime Grill for the first night of Sukkot. After successfully praying for the rain to stop, Madonna left with braised short ribs to go and challah with honey.

From www.nypost.com

5 hours ago, madaboutM said:

Didn't she continue working independently for Cher after stopping working for Madonna? I wonder if Liz and Madonna had any sort of fall out since Cher has been shading Madonna every time she has something new to promote. 

She has worked for Cher. I don't think anything is going on between Cher and Madonna. Cher has made statements of Madonna but they have been seen together before, during and since those statements. I chuck it to being to Cher's humor lately more so than the one she's made in the 80's-90's of her being rude.

Guest Ashley
1 hour ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

She has worked for Cher. I don't think anything is going on between Cher and Madonna. Cher has made statements of Madonna but they have been seen together before, during and since those statements. I chuck it to being to Cher's humor lately more so than the one she's made in the 80's-90's of her being rude.

I think Liz's loyalty would be with M more than anything.