Dark Ballet; Words and Music

RUADJAI

801.gif

I'm curious what you guys think about these lyrics. Please don't say "It's about Joan of Arc" and leave. We all know they reference Joan of Arc. But there are lyrics that I don't see how they relate. Maybe you can inform me how they relate to her or what else they may relate to. Back when she performed this at The Met Gala I felt that it was a response to Trump. Specifically the "Cause your world is such a shame, 'Cause your world's obsessed with fame" part. Part of me feels like it still is, but she didn't want to be obvious about it so she gave the song multiple meanings with the Joan of Arc storyline as well. Other parts still escape my understanding. Like... "it's a beautiful life, but I'm not concerned". or "They think we are not aware of their crimes" to me feels like she's speaking about the present. But who is she speaking about? Authority? Governments? The PATRIARCHY?!!? What's the "Beautiful Dream"? The "Beautiful Plan"?

Also feel free to speak about the music as well. I will post more about the music in a bit. But I'm curious how you think Clockwork Orange ties into the song as well. Is there meaning behind it, or just a vague reference like Gang Bang to Kill Bill. 

It's a beautiful life,

but I'm not concerned

It's a beautiful dream,

but a dream is earned

I can dress like a boy,

I can dress like a girl

Keep your beautiful words,

'cause I'm not concerned

'Cause your world is such a shame

'Cause your world's obsessed with fame

'Cause your world's in so much pain

'Cause your world is 'Cause your world is

Up in flames

It's a beautiful plan (hmm),

but I'm not concerned (oh yeah)

It's a beautiful game (hmm)

that I never learned

People tell me to shut my mouth (shut your mouth)

That I might get burned

Keep your beautiful lies (hmm)

'cause I'm not concerned

'Cause your world is such a shame

'Cause your world's obsessed with fame

'Cause your world's in so much pain

'Cause your world is 'Cause your world is

I will not denounce the things that I have said

I will not renounce my faith in my sweet Lord

He has chosen me to fight against the English

I am not afraid at all to die 'cause I believe Him 

God is on my side and I'll be fine

I am not afraid 'cause I have faith in him

You can cut my hair and throw me in a jail cell

Say that I'm a witch and burn me at the stake

It's all a big mistake Don't you know to doubt him is a sin?

I won't give in

They are so naive

They think we are not aware of their crimes

We know, but we are just not ready to act

The storm isn't in the air, it's inside of us

I want to tell you about love and loneliness

But it's getting late now

Can't you hear outside of your Supreme hoodie, the wind that's beginning to howl?

It's a beautiful life

I don't think she is directly talking about a specific person, but more so the general idea of: That there are so many people with "beautiful lives", money, power, etc. but use none of it for the greater good. I see it more of a statement about people who have risen to power through taking advantage of the less fortunate and instead of paying back to them when they're in a place of power, they abuse that role and discriminate. So really any corrupt leader, the entire Republican party in the US, and definitely Trump  

The song is about the transcendence of the illusions of 3D consciousness. Life is a game. We are all eternal souls; energy having a human experience. The control forces are so consumed with materialism and power. As the collective awakens to the crimes against humanity that governing forces have perpetrated for centuries, there’s a reminder that hope springs eternal; because the answer lies within. We choose the experience we have of life. The song is deeply spiritual in nature, like most of Madame X. 

I am not afraid to die because I believe in the beautiful purpose of life and I follow that purpose. I stand by my knowledge of goodness and equality and will not turn my back in that knowledge no matter how painful others make it for me. To be where you want to be requires sacrifice and work and not giving in.

I can be myself. Your words designed to "help me" are not needed. I will not concern myself with what you want for me

You are in pain so you look out towards me in criticism. You value fame because you feel less inside or you feel some are better than others. You do not see the uniqueness in one as part of the whole that is all of us. Madonna struggles with this I think. I think she sought fame to fill a void and she certainly wasn't the first. She could be talking to her critics but she could also be talking to herself. I do feel like she is in a prison so to speak but she is still moving forward. 

Going through a lot of pain can summon depressing views but you have to persevere. Because humans are influenced by so many emotions they have to fight to remain the person they are come what may. 

There is a game played by small circles and also on a global scale of people feeling they are above others and people who want to be good people stand by out of fear and pressure from ones they either benefit from or are afraid of. I have early on seen Madonna as someone who does not play this game and people just do not understand that. People who think Madonna is conceited most likely think she is beneath them or beneath others. 

I relate to the song and Madonna because I also never learned this game and in fact despise the game and it has not won me any popularity contests. People can go as far as hating you for not playing the social game. 

If a group sees you as being able to survive without them they will go as far as ridiculing you or even telling lies about you. 

I'm not concerned. Your lies, insults etc...will not stop me from being who I am. My soul is stronger and you sadly do not understand that. 

You live in a world where you control and are controlled. 

Despite the pain it has and will be inflicted upon me I will not take back my words about what I know to be true. 

I believe I am on the right side of the good in the universe. 

I have been chosen to suffer for the greater good and fight oppressors. I am strong. 

Death is not the end of all. 

I am on the side of love and creation. 

Love wins

You will have to answer for what you do. You are making a mistake to think you will not have to answer for aligning yourself with hate and destruction.. 

My belief is strong and your pressure will not make me give in. 

Human beings are susceptible to pressures. People turn away from what they know is right out of fear that they will be turned away and not cared for. 

The struggle for good and evil is internal. What people will do for love, what people will  do out of loneliness....

The people that do us harm also think others truly look up to them but this not the case. 

Humanity has been working towards learning this lesson for ages now. 

Look past all your superficial possessions, status and distractions that bring you personal or world wide fame and look towards a world where you can be yourself and no one will be able to suppress you. 

Life is a learning process. ❤

Using the allegory of Joan of Arc, and how she was battling for France against the english but then the same patriarchal establishment handled her over to be burn up. She keeps in the cycle of American Life, Human Nature..

She wants to fight for an unbalanced system but higher elements in the system go against her.

Freedom of expression, feminism, war, love, injustice, abuse of power, sexuality. etc..

It's not the first time she talks about the revolution.