Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

2 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

That will never happen. 

Well we never thought we would see her again in the UK Top 20 or charting on the Billboard Hot 100 and here we are with "Popular". Plus her reaching 40M monthly listeners on Spotify, etc. etc.

A #1 worldwide smash is highly unlikely but ultimately life is a mystery (and payola and hardcore promo always a way xd).

8 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Well we never thought we would see her again in the UK Top 20 or charting on the Billboard Hot 100 and here we are with "Popular". Plus her reaching 40M monthly listeners on Spotify, etc. etc.

A #1 worldwide smash is highly unlikely but ultimately life is a mystery (and payola and hardcore promo always a way xd).

Unfortunately, a lot of this is due to the fact, the song is primarily The Weeknd and he is one of the biggest streaming artists at this time.   But I know if this was 1990, and streaming was available when Vogue was released, you can bet she'd be pulling in such streaming numbers on her own.  Different times though and at the end of the day, I'm just happy that Madonna has found a way to get her catalog back into the game in how music is consumed these days. :)

14 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I think she can totally have a #1 hit. But if she does it will be a grower on streaming. Not a #1 debut

42 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Yes but most streaming artist is just a dream. It’s basically impossible unless (and even it that case it’s unlikely) something bad happens so let’s not dream about it. 

Just now, cosmic_system said:

I personally don’t care about streaming. She sold millions of records, she’s the bestselling female artist EVER and that will never change even if some other girls have billions of streaming. 

I agree!  She has nothing to prove, but unfortunately, if she wants to continue to be part of the music industry, she has to go where the music is consumed. And while I cannot comment how long the other ladies above her have been on streaming platforms, Madonna's catalog is fairly new to it, in the last few years, so it makes sense she's lagging behind some.  It's the same for the Youtube views.  Many of her biggest videos were available on Youtube when it first started, but Warner removed them all, only to add the back later.  She would have had far many views/streams than now.  And we also know if streaming was available back in the 80's and 90's, her numbers would be in the billions now.

I don’t think she can have another #1 just by her own, and I mean it’s not her fault, it’s not the type of music she creates. It’s all about her main audience that it’s in their 40s, 50s, 60s, those people don’t  stream. Radio won’t play her unless she is with someone like The Weeknd or Taylor Swift. 

she can make quality music, of course, but won’t go that far by her own in the charts. 

I think her team should focus in organizing her music in the digital plattforms, specially her videos…she is the best female visual artist of all time.

40 minutes ago, tscott said:

I agree!  She has nothing to prove, but unfortunately, if she wants to continue to be part of the music industry, she has to go where the music is consumed. And while I cannot comment how long the other ladies above her have been on streaming platforms, Madonna's catalog is fairly new to it, in the last few years, so it makes sense she's lagging behind some.  It's the same for the Youtube views.  Many of her biggest videos were available on Youtube when it first started, but Warner removed them all, only to add the back later.  She would have had far many views/streams than now.  And we also know if streaming was available back in the 80's and 90's, her numbers would be in the billions now.

As “legacy act” goes she’s above Mariah and Janet with streaming I believe. And Mariah’s power is in that Christmas song. 

New big peaks for our recovering lady:

- "Popular": 81M

- "Hung Up": 337M

- "La Isla Bonita": 297M

- "Like A Prayer" ("Celebration" Version): 281M

- "Frozen" (Sickick Remix): 137M

- "Vogue" ("Immaculate"/"Celebration" Version): 194M

- "Holiday" ("Madonna" Digital Album Edit): 90M

- "Bitch I'm Loca": 9M

I’m still pissed that her Spotify account is not properly managed… Here’s an example of how inconsistent they can be: 

- Frozen - Extended Club Mix Edit:       999,853 streams (probably 1M by tomorrow)

- Frozen (Extended Club Mix Edit) - 2022 Remaster:      743,655 streams

Why are those two tracks not merged? Especially when most of the FEL tracks are merged with their non remastered counterparts? 🙄

Also, for DCFMA, the Miami Mix is merged with the Miami Spanglish Mix… yet, technically, they are different/distinct versions of the same song…

54 minutes ago, f78k said:

I’m still pissed that her Spotify account is not properly managed… Here’s an example of how inconsistent they can be: 

- Frozen - Extended Club Mix Edit:       999,853 streams (probably 1M by tomorrow)

- Frozen (Extended Club Mix Edit) - 2022 Remaster:      743,655 streams

Why are those two tracks not merged? Especially when most of the FEL tracks are merged with their non remastered counterparts? 🙄

Also, for DCFMA, the Miami Mix is merged with the Miami Spanglish Mix… yet, technically, they are different/distinct versions of the same song…

As fas as I know, most of the merging on Spotify is automatic. I'm sure big labels can play and ask for it but usually it just the system automatically identifying when two or more versions of a song are the same or not.

Something about the remastering on "FEL" make some songs don't merge with the original ones, like that "Frozen" remix or even worse, "Material Girl" and "Like A Virgin", which both are just the album versions.

I guess Warner could ask Spotify to merge them if they want to but... maybe they don't know/care, if they're making money with them anyway, merged or not.

4 hours ago, Michael_Py said:

I don’t think she can have another #1 just by her own, and I mean it’s not her fault, it’s not the type of music she creates. It’s all about her main audience that it’s in their 40s, 50s, 60s, those people don’t  stream. Radio won’t play her unless she is with someone like The Weeknd or Taylor Swift. 

she can make quality music, of course, but won’t go that far by her own in the charts. 

I think her team should focus in organizing her music in the digital plattforms, specially her videos…she is the best female visual artist of all time.

Yeah, it's pretty unlikely she'll not score another #1 or even a top 10 or 40 on her own.  She just doesn't fit in that top 40 demographic anymore.  I would never say it's completely out of the question because if anyone could break down that barrier she can.  Radio is the big key in getting a top 40, where radio is still heavily weighed to chart. 

I feel she's still making great music and keeping up with what everyone else is doing.  It's just hard for some to accept that she's doing that or they label her too old. 

I think with this new Warner deal, we will be seeing more focus on her legacy catalog.  Let's hope she's willing to give up some rare stuff that are the vaults.