Madonna x SickKick “Frozen” Remix submitted for Best Remix at the Grammys

deathproof

3 hours ago, michel.kettermann said:

Seriously?! The original song, which is a masterpiece, didn't get even nominated to a Grammy back in the 90s. Not even Like A Prayer was nominated back in the 80s, and now they decided to nominate this crap?

My God. And I though this award was about quality. :poo:

It's so very true.I hear you. I've been there from the beginning. But we must move on. This is really good for her. It's not easy in that business lol.

The remix has only been submitted for consideration. Which means it may not even get nominated.

The article is also claiming remixes from FEL are eligible but I'm not sure that's true. There are some new edits or versions that haven't been released commercially but they are all old remixes so I don't see why they'd be contenders?

If Madonna is not going to be present at the ceremony wearing a beautiful dress, nor is she going to receive the award, nor is she going to give one of those memorable speeches that she gives every time she is awarded, then I do not want to know anything about that ceremony. 

I would have had a different reaction if the nominated song was the remix of Hung Up 2002, which I understand was produced by Tokischa herself, since there would be a special expectation to see her receive her first Grammy award in her career, something that in her native country, Dominican Republic, they look forward to it because for them Tokischa represents a pride and an example of improvement for all the young people of that country and Latin America.