Question about The Confessions Tour

NothingReallyMatters

Why did Everybody get kicked off the set list? I've been wondering this since yesterday when @Dee Jay AI Studiosposted a different version of Music Inferno which was different from the one that we all know and love.

This version additional elements from Disco Inferno by The Trammps and towards the end of the song, there were elements of Everybody indicating that it was going to be the next song going to be performed.

So I'm wondering what the original setlist was like before La Isla Bonita was added last minute. 

This is a shot in the dark from me, she probably realize before they went into full choreography that the obligatory spanish song is missing from this tour (though she didn't perform it in reinvention and Blond Ambition). It was an odd entry to the disco segment since it was the only song within the final section that did not have disco sample to it. She probably loved the remix too much and canned Everybody. Some of the choreography of Everybody went to La Isla Bonita too. 

1 hour ago, Piksel8 said:

This is a shot in the dark from me, she probably realize before they went into full choreography that the obligatory spanish song is missing from this tour (though she didn't perform it in reinvention and Blond Ambition). It was an odd entry to the disco segment since it was the only song within the final section that did not have disco sample to it. She probably loved the remix too much and canned Everybody. Some of the choreography of Everybody went to La Isla Bonita too. 

yeah. It didn't make sense to me ether. I love the mix that Stuart did for Everybody 

• 6 months later...
On 2/17/2023 at 9:40 PM, NothingReallyMatters said:

Why did Everybody get kicked off the set list? I've been wondering this since yesterday when @Dee Jay AI Studiosposted a different version of Music Inferno which was different from the one that we all know and love.

This version additional elements from Disco Inferno by The Trammps and towards the end of the song, there were elements of Everybody indicating that it was going to be the next song going to be performed.

So I'm wondering what the original setlist was like before La Isla Bonita was added last minute. 

Judging by what leaked regarding tour studio versions, Everybody wasn't dropped in favour of LIB (originally the disco section would be this way:

Music Inferno

Deeper and Deeper (later Erotica)

La Isla Bonita

Everybody

Lucky Star

Hung Up) but after she got Yitzhak Sinweni for her tour and gladly added Isaac to setlist, tour would get a more than 2 hour length (Isaac alone is more than 6 min) so some song from original setlist had to be cut, given Everybody was already used for COADF promo tour, M saw the opportunity to offer during her Coachella slot an unique treat and said goodbye to Everybody in Indio, California, before tour would actually kick off.

The curious case of Isaac indeed! Was a last minute addition to both album and tour. Ofc I ain't sure about Isaac as added later on CT setlist, but, from all the songs which studio versions leaked, Isaac was the only one to suffer the RIT Material Girl fate.

11 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Judging by what leaked regarding tour studio versions, Everybody wasn't dropped in favour of LIB (originally the disco section would be this way:

Music Inferno

Deeper and Deeper (later Erotica)

La Isla Bonita

Everybody

Lucky Star

Hung Up

By what I know the original setlist from March 2006 was this:

Music Inferno

Everybody

Erotica (Deeper and Deeper wasn't never rehearsed)

Lucky Star

Hung Up

After that from late March 2006:

Music Inferno

Erotica

Everybody

Lucky Star

Hung Up

And after April 2006 until the tour started and finished:

Music Inferno

Erotica

La Isla Bonita

Lucky Star

Hung Up 

1 minute ago, Rebel Hugo said:

By what I know the original setlist from March 2006 was this:

Music Inferno

Everybody

Erotica (Deeper and Deeper wasn't never rehearsed)

Lucky Star

Hung Up

After that from late March 2006:

Music Inferno

Erotica

Everybody

Lucky Star

Hung Up

And after April 2006 until the tour started and finished:

Music Inferno

Erotica

La Isla Bonita

Lucky Star

Hung Up 

Ty for the info!

Could you explain also the absence of Isaac studio version on the leaked pack back in the day? Would love to know to be enlightened about this particular occurence.

• 1 month later...

I don’t care what the reason was, it really shouldn’t have happened. The version was bad and it didn’t fit the section at all.

She probably felt that the setlist didn’t have enough actual hits included, so she added a crowd-pleaser towards the end.

The only BIG hits on the setlist were:

• Like A Virgin
  • Live To Tell
  • Ray Of Light
  • Music

The other oldies were rather left-field:

• Drowned World/Substitute For Love
  • Paradise (Not For Me)
  • Erotica (with barely any parts of the original song)
  • Everybody
  • Lucky Star (as part of a medley with Hung Up and while the song itself is considered more of a signature song, it’s not really a hit)