What did M's sound engineering team do differently with IGTYS, CT vs S&S, MDNA, RH, MX live albums?

madgic2005

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

Fans are always so quick to say her team should have done this and that, without considering who makes the final decision on everything. 

Makes me kinda sad to think how she would rather be presented as artificial as opposed to her raw talent.

3 hours ago, scion said:

Makes me kinda sad to think how she would rather be presented as artificial as opposed to her raw talent.

I mean… photographs require hundreds of shots and music videos require lots of footage that is cut… presenting only the best of the best… songs sometimes require multiple vocal takes…. it’s not really authentic either. 

6 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I mean… photographs require hundreds of shots and music videos require lots of footage that is cut… presenting only the best of the best… songs sometimes require multiple vocal takes…. it’s not really authentic either. 

Which is true, but then Madonna the performer in stage is legendary... And that includes her sometimes dreadful live vocals, which at other times can be excellent. It's a shame to hear that Mr NoTunes actually produced a mix of S&S featuring her best vocals on the tour and she turned it down in favour of Robomadge.

On 8/25/2023 at 9:57 AM, luluthecat said:

I never understand why they don’t just take a soundboard recording of each night and just stitch the best vocal takes together. 

because then fans would complain it is not genuine. Kinda like they do when the live video recordings from each night are stitched together ...

1 hour ago, zapasowe1 said:

because then fans would complain it is not genuine. Kinda like they do when the live video recordings from each night are stitched together ...

Antunes did exactly that for Sticky and Sweet, played it back to her and she didn't like it, she requested the style we ended up with. It isn't anyone else's choice, she likes to sound like RoboMadge.