Celebration Tour : Fans' Review (spoiler welcome) with Very Special Information.

I am madonna

I can't believe that there's no celebration tour "fan's reviews" thread! It need own thread!

OK I will start.

Only five shows are over, but I've already collected 25GB of Madonna tour videos.

madonna tour videos 25GB.png

1. Celebration tour is Madonna version of musical Hadestown.

Ok, in my opinion this tour is her version of musical Hadestown. What is about musical hadestown? It is modernized version of greek myth of Orpheus and Eurydice. It shows the audience how he first met her, how he falling in love with her, how she died and went to hell, and what efforts he made to go down to hell and bring her to earth, and why he ended up failing. 

This Celebration tour show her life to the audience How she got to New York, how she lived her life as a New Yorker, how she made artist friends, how those friends died of AIDS, how she got over it, how she was criticized by people for her erotica albums and sex books, and how she became a mother and etc,  through her songs in musical form.

2. Bob the drag Queen's role in Celebration tour is Same as Hermes in musical Hadestown.

Who is Hermes? He is portrayed as the narrator of musical Hadestown. Starting from the opening, he continues to appear in the middle of the play, explaining the situation easily and concisely so that the audience can easily and clearly understand the story. And Bob the drag Queen's did same thing. Some people complain that his opening is unnecessary and say this. "I don't know why he would have to explain to the audience what we already knows" But you have to realize that there aren't only people in the audience who have been her fans for 40 years like us. And you have to admit that Bob's presence makes it clear to the audience that this tour is going through Madonna's life in musical form.

Hadestown Hermes 01.jpg

3. A touching encounter with her past own ghosts.

When I first saw a dancers wearing a strange plastic mask on their face, I wondered why she had to make the dancers wear such weird plastic mask. But I realized it soon. It's not just a homage to past performances, it's an important scene that shows Madonna meeting with herself in the past. And to distinguish clearly from the dancers who wore Madonna's iconic costumes at the end of 'bitch i'm madonna' performace, Madonna's ghosts in the past had to wear plastic masks on their faces. 

Most fans often mention recreating the BAT Tour's Like a Virgin scene. But for me, the most moving scene was when past Madonna appeared in a human nature music video's costume and save herself.  It was none but herself that saved her when she was criticized by the world. How hard and lonely she must have been, I could feel her pain and loneliness in that short scene and shed tears when she danced with herself in the past while singing Crazy for You to her past ghost.

madonna past ghost 01.pngmadonna past ghost 02.pngmadonna past ghost 03.pngmadonna past ghost 04.jpg

4. A feast of fantastic lighting!

Close-up videos taken up close do not show how beautiful the lights are. If you want to feel it, you have to watch a video from a distance. She looks like she made a wall of lights out of lights, and the flashy lights make the audience feel as if they were swimming in a beautiful sea.

madonna lightning 01.jpg

madonna lightning 02.jpg

5. She made a real COMEBACK.

The Queen of pop is BACK! Considering Madonna's past few years of her terrible worst moments, we can call this is a her real comeback. I watched her Madame X tour video just once and threw it into the corner. It was painful to watch and I didn't even bother to look at the Madame X tour video again. But this tour is different. Made me watch her tour videos over and over again. This proves how successful this tour is.

There is so much more to share but i will write about it later.

Edited by I am madonna (see edit history)

A few people asked me for my review of the show, but instead of repeating what you can read literally anywhere online I will share a spoiler free realization that I had after watching the show. If you’re in a forum or a group like this you’re probably like me, a lifelong fan. And throughout my entire life I can always relate what was going on in my life to whatever Madonna song came out at that time and usually the song was relevant to what I was going through. She was literally writing the soundtrack to my life and I’m sure a lot of other fans feel the same way. Not just about the lyrics themselves but usually the message behind the song or what she was doing socially always resonated and what I never realized until seeing this show was that those songs are not just the soundtrack to our lives but also to hers. And I never realized that until I saw this show and saw her songs presented in a way that forms a timeline of everything she went through the same time we were going through our own things. I guess I had blinders on and only saw how it related to me and never realized that it was coming from her because she was going through it too She writes about life events, loss, love, sex, relationships, family, partying and everything in between in a way that related to minorities, gay people, women, not necessarily the norm. it’s been said that she writes songs that are nursery rhymes for adults but it’s so much more than that. And my main take away from this show was that She was going through all those things too, I just never realized it bcz  I always associated things with my own life so to see it unfold like this for the first time seeing it through her eyes and what she went through was really spectacular

6. Fun fact : a change in choreography

No one noticed except me, but this tour has already begun a small change in choreography. 

During the Vogue performance, you'll all know that special guest come up on stage and score along with Madonna on the voguing dance the dancers perform. But just before the guest disappears, one of the male dancers comes out with a fake camera and pretends to take a picture of them. In the UK, he brought a fake camera and pretended to take it by just popping the camera flash, but this changed when it moved to Belgium.

In the London performance, the special guest just scored dancers' voguing dance and disappeared immediately under the stage, while the male dancer with the camera pretended to take a picture of Madonna, David and Estere with the camera.

Madonna - Full Concert - Live at The O2 London. 15 October 2023.pretending take pictures 02.jpg

And funny thing is a dancer with a camera doesn't even put his eyes on the camera lens because it was just a choreography that pretended to take pictures by blasting the camera flash.

But that's completely changed since the Belgium performance, and that dancer comes out with a poloride camera, eyes on the camera lens, then really takes a picture of madonna, special guest, David and Estere!

Madonna Live @Sportpaleis Antwerp 2023 Day 2 poloride camera take a picture 01.jpg

And then passes that picture over to David and walk away with Estere.

Madonna Live @Sportpaleis Antwerp 2023 Day 2 poloride camera take a picture 02.jpg

7. Fun fact : Her hair style of performance of "Nothing really Matters" changed from Antwerp 2023.10.22 show.

In the previous performances Madonna stuck her side hair into her dress but she performed with all her hair out of the dress at Antwerp oct. 22 show. It is very interesting that small changes have already been found here and there in the performances!!

madonna nothing really matters hair style changed at Antwerp 2023.10.22.png

8. Fun Fact : Madonna not only late show opening!!

Madonna is notorious for always being late for her tours. But do you know that she's not just late for the opening of the show? On this tour, she appears late in most Vogue performances!!!

According to the original choreography, Madonna has to sit on the center stage, cover her face and upper body with an umbrella, lift her umbrella and start singing.

madonna original vogue choreography 01.jpg

madonna original vogue choreography 02.jpg

However, She's only been on stage on time twice so far! it's October 14 and October 17. And It was very really close call, too. (Edit : I just download and watch Oct 26 Copenhagen show And She made it on time!!!!!!!! So She has been on stage on time for three of the eight performances so far. LOL)

In the rest of the performance, it was so late that she even appeared while singing from behind the stage.

madonna late vogue performance 01.jpg

madonna late vogue performance 02.jpg

On 10/25/2023 at 1:49 PM, I am madonna said:

7. Fun fact : Her hair style of performance of "Nothing really Matters" changed from Antwerp 2023.10.22 show.

In the previous performances Madonna stuck her side hair into her dress but she performed with all her hair out of the dress at Antwerp oct. 22 show. It is very interesting that small changes have already been found here and there in the performances!!

madonna nothing really matters hair style changed at Antwerp 2023.10.22.png

I hate it!!! She was beautiful with her hair in the kimono, it looked much more interesting to me :cry:

13 minutes ago, stefo said:

I hate it!!! She was beautiful with her hair in the kimono, it looked much more interesting to me :cry:

I agree with you and Good news for you! she went back to her original hairstyle! It looks like it's just for that day. 

This is capture from OCT 26 Copenhagen show.

Madonna - Nothing Really Matters (Live in Antwerp 21.10.2021).mkv_20231027_102305.515.jpg

9. Fun Fact : Her Oct 22 Antwerp show was very special and unique Show!!!

I already pointed out that she changed her hair style when she performed nothing really matters at Oct 22 Antwerp show.

I just discovered that it's not the only change that happened that day!

A. Madonna had a different hairstyle than any other day when she sang Nothing really matters.

madonna nothing really matters hair style changed at Antwerp 2023.10.22.jpg

B. Madonna took her shirt off during speech so Her dancer had to wrap the flag around her shoulder in a different way. And you also can see her hair style was very different than other shows.

madonna take her shirt off at Antwerp 2023.10.22.png

C. Madonna even used a different wig than any other days when she performed Vogue at Oct 22 Antwerp show!

madonna change her vogue wig at Antwerp 2023.10.22_01.jpg

It's shame that there's so few videos from Oct 22 Antwerp show. 

• I am madonna changed the title to Celebration Tour : Fans' Review (spoiler welcome) with Very Special Information.
On 10/24/2023 at 4:18 AM, wonderboy said:

A few people asked me for my review of the show, but instead of repeating what you can read literally anywhere online I will share a spoiler free realization that I had after watching the show. If you’re in a forum or a group like this you’re probably like me, a lifelong fan. And throughout my entire life I can always relate what was going on in my life to whatever Madonna song came out at that time and usually the song was relevant to what I was going through. She was literally writing the soundtrack to my life and I’m sure a lot of other fans feel the same way. Not just about the lyrics themselves but usually the message behind the song or what she was doing socially always resonated and what I never realized until seeing this show was that those songs are not just the soundtrack to our lives but also to hers. And I never realized that until I saw this show and saw her songs presented in a way that forms a timeline of everything she went through the same time we were going through our own things. I guess I had blinders on and only saw how it related to me and never realized that it was coming from her because she was going through it too She writes about life events, loss, love, sex, relationships, family, partying and everything in between in a way that related to minorities, gay people, women, not necessarily the norm. it’s been said that she writes songs that are nursery rhymes for adults but it’s so much more than that. And my main take away from this show was that She was going through all those things too, I just never realized it bcz  I always associated things with my own life so to see it unfold like this for the first time seeing it through her eyes and what she went through was really spectacular

Wow. Beautiful! Thanks for your review and thoughts! 

• 2 weeks later...

I've been personally so busy that I haven't had time to write. There are many interesting stories I want to tell you, but first let's talk about the Paris concert today. The Paris 1st night show was a series of terrible disasters from the start.

1. Watch 0:55~0:57 

Madonna said something like "I can't hear seriously? Sound?" something like that. So there's sound problem to the beginning

2. then Watch 1:09~1:18

In other performances, she has been choreographing by lifting her hand up to her face powerfully, but on this day, she lift her hand carefully as if she was hesitating and as if she had missed the beat. 

Then she said something like "I CAN"T fucking hear drum" something like that AGAIN~!!!.

Then...!!!!!

Something unusual and very dangerous thing happened. 

No one would have noticed what went wrong if they hadn't seen the performance beforehand. No, not even the countless fans who watched the performance video a lot didn't notice what went wrong. Except me.

3.Watch 2:07~2:40

Did you notice what was wrong?

then Watch this video 1:38~215

Did you find the difference?

The circular stage, which should not have moved, suddenly started to move and turn! And Madonna stumbled to balance her body in a moment of astonishment. Madonna, however, continued her performance as if nothing had happened to her professionally, and the audience did not notice what had gone wrong. Did Madonna change the choreography on purpose? I don't think so. As the stage began to spin, Madonna had to sing to the backstage, which nobody was there, and only Madonna's back is visible on the huge screen!!! It seems clear that this was not done on purpose, but was clearly a technical mistake.

Paris second show.

In the second performance in Paris, the circular stage was spinning again during Nothing really matters! 

watch 1:41~ stage was spinning again! Thankfully It seems like there's no sound issue.

From the looks of it, I think my guessing was wrong. Madonna seems to have intentionally changed the choreography.

It's interesting and kind of weird choice because As the stage spin, she shows her back to the audience and sings nearly 15 seconds toward the backstage, where no one there. I don't know Maybe she thought it was too boring and too simple to stand still and sing.

Very interesting. It remains to be seen whether the change is just a one-off change in Paris or will continue.