The guy jumping on stage during the Virgin Tour

Redha DBL

Could be new to some fans (i didn't know about it myself until last summer) ; The guy jumping on stage during Like a Virgin on the Virgin tour is actually part of the show. He is Brad Jeffries, a friend of M. Here are a few pics of him with M and also attending M's wedding with Sean 😉

c31ac15faebd6f59f2aeda7d987bd021.thumb.jpg.fc558c1d3331a2936ead2104ef578117.jpg

gettyimages-83286771-612x612.jpg

gettyimages-110706184-612x612.jpg

gettyimages-110707223-1024x1024.jpg

1 hour ago, diesel6888 said:

Is it? Maybe he's just a fan that followed her and was photographed with her. The only other full concert of the Virgin Tour is the Dallas bootleg and it does not accur in that show? Or maybe it was staged just for the Detroit show?

No he is Brad Jeffries, he was part of the crew and a friend of Madonna. Here you can see more pics of them together, he was even attenting her wedding with Sean 😊

13 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

WRONG!

That is definitely not Madonna.

It's odd how you removed the other images with the same guy that did include Madonna, to make this claim.

Anyway, I agree it was staged.  She did something similar on the Girlie Show when she had one of the dancers jump on the stage, and she was calling for security. 

14 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

Could be new to some fans (i didn't know about it myself until last summer) ; The guy jumping on stage during Like a Virgin on the Virgin tour is actually part of the show. He is Brad Jeffries, a friend of M. Here are a few pics of him with M and also attending M's wedding with Sean 😉

c31ac15faebd6f59f2aeda7d987bd021.thumb.jpg.fc558c1d3331a2936ead2104ef578117.jpg

Thanks for posting this.  I thought like you early on when I saw it.  I never thought about it until years later, when I found out, it was staged. 

11 hours ago, McDonna said:

Thanks for posting this.  I thought like you early on when I saw it.  I never thought about it until years later, when I found out, it was staged. 

23 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

No he is Brad Jeffries, he was part of the crew and a friend of Madonna. Here you can see more pics of them together, he was even attenting her wedding with Sean 😊

So it was only staged at the Detroit show? As it clearly didnt happen at the Dallas show?

6 minutes ago, diesel6888 said:

So it was only staged at the Detroit show? As it clearly didnt happen at the Dallas show?

I don't know but probably for the VHS recording. I think it was "a thing" in the 80's to have a crazy fan hitting the stage with the security taking him back, part of the 80's big rock concert hysteria. I wouldn't be surprised big acts like Michael or else have such happenings in their 80's shows.

On 11/4/2023 at 7:54 AM, Redha DBL said:

I don't know but probably for the VHS recording. I think it was "a thing" in the 80's to have a crazy fan hitting the stage with the security taking him back, part of the 80's big rock concert hysteria. I wouldn't be surprised big acts like Michael or else have such happenings in their 80's shows.

Sam Fox 🦊 did a live style video where a fan jumps on stage as well.

• 2 months later...

A HA! This answers my own decades old question since he jumped on stage during LAV when I saw her June 2, 1985 at the Worcester Centrum. I was 14, had nosebleed stage left seats and immediately was trying to get closer and closer to the stage. Somehow I was able to sneak into the empty seating section directly behind the stage just before LAV and met him briefly. He was very focused, staring at the back stairs and he told me exactly what he was going to do. He said something like "I'm going to jump (over the barrier) and run up the stairs.." ; I thought he was just a fan who sounded a bit psycho but here I was behind the stage getting a peak of her quick change tent under the stairs.  When i moved back to seeing the front of the stage he did exactly as he said and I thought it was funny that Madonna didn't freak out that some dude just ran down her stairs and got in her face. When the VHS came out I didn't think it was the same person ( TVs were small back in the day) but I thought it was an odd coincidence and suspected what you've confirmed.

Edited by Magic Pussy (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Magic Pussy said:

A HA! This answers my own decades old question since he jumped on stage during LAV when I saw her June 2, 1985 at the Worcester Centrum. I was 14, had nosebleed stage left seats and immediately was trying to get closer and closer to the stage. Somehow I was able to sneak into the empty seating section directly behind the stage just before LAV and met him briefly. He was very focused, staring at the back stairs and he told me exactly what he was going to do. He said something like "I'm going to jump (over the barrier) and run up the stairs.." ; I thought he was just a fan who sounded a bit psycho but here I was behind the stage getting a peak of her quick change tent under the stairs.  When i moved back to seeing the front of the stage he did exactly as he said and I thought it was funny that Madonna didn't freak out that some dude just ran down her stairs and got in her face. When the VHS came out I didn't think it was the same person ( TVs were small back in the day) but I thought it was an odd coincidence and suspected what you've confirmed.

What a great story !! Lucky you to have seen all of this in person wow !!!

10 hours ago, Redha DBL said:

What a great story !! Lucky you to have seen all of this in person wow !!!

-Back in the days of missing school to wait in line for tickets. At the end of the show, the roadies tossed items off stage and I ended up with her sweaty towel and part of the LAV bouquet. The peach colored sweaty towel ended up getting washed by my Mom (even though she knew where it came from) and the flowers sat in the freezer for a year until they were thrown out during a renovation