Video Interlude Question

11 minutes ago, Prayer said:

They're interludes, they don't open or close acts, they just serve as... well, interludes between them.

Every video open or close one section.

Paradise opens Geisha Section, for example.

In this last tour, every video interlude it seems to be going well for both of them.

5 minutes ago, mirtillo said:

Every video open or close one section.

Paradise opens Geisha Section, for example.

In this last tour, every video interlude it seems to be going well for both of them.

Not at all. They can serve as the opening or closing of a section or just mere interludes between them.

As you said, interludes in this tour can work as opening or closing for both sections they're attached to, meaning they're just that, interludes between them.

Interlude may refer to:

a short play or, in general, any representation between parts of a larger stage production;

Entr'acte, a piece of music performed between acts of a theatrical production;

a section in a movement of a musical piece, see: Bridge or Break;

a piece of music composed of one or more movements, to be inserted between sections of another composition: see also intermezzo, and for the Baroque era, sinfonia;

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you drunk or something??

30 minutes ago, MCL_1993 said:

Interlude may refer to:

a short play or, in general, any representation between parts of a larger stage production;

Entr'acte, a piece of music performed between acts of a theatrical production;

a section in a movement of a musical piece, see: Bridge or Break;

a piece of music composed of one or more movements, to be inserted between sections of another composition: see also intermezzo, and for the Baroque era, sinfonia;

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Are you drunk or something??

I'm sober! Keep calm! 

Do you like reading wikipedia?! Every Madonna's tour is divided in sections and contains the interludes.

8 minutes ago, mirtillo said:

I'm sober! Keep calm! 

Do you like reading wikipedia?! Every Madonna's tour is divided in sections and contains the interludes.

Yes and as you are aware of the fact, you also know that the BAT, for instance had mostly dance intros/outros of songs which means you can divide those and say they belong to the last/first songs of sections but the transitions are mostly effortless, so you can't really pinpoint where one section ends and a new one begins. The only thing for sure is that when the intro starts playing, it opens the show and the first section.

You should note that the interludes in this tour serve to enrich the narrative about Madonna's history. They include songs she doesn't perform live, tributes to iconic moments in her career, and more. These interludes are integral to the show, seamlessly bridging different eras of her music during the transitions between the singing parts.

In contrast to previous tours, where interludes varied in theme matching the different themes within a show. But the theme in this show is Madonna.

Well I for one would say...

I don't think this tour has such rigid ideas of beginning and end. 

The Beast Within is still dealing with sexuality so therefor is connected to the sexual section, but introduces God coming and Justifying her love and asking "what are you gonna do?". Her answer lies within Die Another Day. I think Die Another Day could be considered the end of the sexual section. And don't tell me the beginning of another with no interlude to separate. Instead the interlude is in the middle of a section. 

I think Like a Virgin is the opposite as it doesn't really pertain to either song before or after. Just an homage to someone who was very influential in her career and needed a moment. 

It's crazy that she really isn't off stage until 50 minutes in. Minus the 1 minute it takes to put on the necklace for Live to Tell. That's crazy! I don't think she's ever done that before. 

21 hours ago, MCL_1993 said:

Yes and as you are aware of the fact, you also know that the BAT, for instance had mostly dance intros/outros of songs which means you can divide those and say they belong to the last/first songs of sections but the transitions are mostly effortless, so you can't really pinpoint where one section ends and a new one begins. The only thing for sure is that when the intro starts playing, it opens the show and the first section.

In BAT is all clear.

4 hours ago, EgoRod said:

I did.

I don't think the interludes can be use as opening or closing acts to the rest of the show but only as segues that incorporate more elements to the whole collage.

But you know what they meant so you could've just said which acts they exist between. I personally don't remember.

2 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

But you know what they meant so you could've just said which acts they exist between. I personally don't remember.

That was'nt the question the question was if the interludes were opening or closing parts to the different sections. And if that was the case how.

Let's say one was Interlude: Madonna NY or Madonna Club scene. Another Sex/Religion and so on and I don't believe there are such an interludes in this tour.

The first interlude is : 'The Sacrifice' with the dancers doing Living For Love, after the LAP part and having Bob talking about the 90s. It makes sense after the first part being the 80s and the next part being the Erotica/Justitfy My love.  After Bad Girl they go into the Ballroom without interlude.

The next one is the Beast Within that is just a revisit to the ReInvention tour one. She started this after setting the stage on fire so that's the link and it goes into the Die another Day considering the bellic (American Life) concept of the previous part I guess it works but again its not an intro nor a closing from what we saw before..

Next interlude is the one with the screens showing the 'controversy' of Madonna during the decades, this again is about Madonna, not a theme,  and cuts to Bedtime stories.

The last one is the LAV/Billy Jean

Act 1
Bob's intro to Living for Love interlude

Act 2
The 90's interlude to The Beast Within

Act 3
Die Another Day to I Don't Search

Act 4
Bedtime Story to Take a Bow

Act 5
Like a Virgin to Celebration

This is just my opinion, we can't really know for sure. But Wiki is definitely WRONG, I believe a fan just made those sections up without much thought at the start of the tour. For eg, Living for Love is clearly part of Act I since its a continuation of the Prince tribute. The Beast Within is likely part of the 90's as her exit from the stage is part of its intro. There is a theme of redemption which concludes the whole Erotica/sex/human nature narrative. Die Another Day is a rebirth/spirtitual awakening so the opening of the next "chapter." I Don't Search ties in at the end of DCFMA with the "no fear" chant, the same words appear at the end of that interlude. Like a Virgin is part of the final act as it features the LAV VMA's character who is part of BIM at the end. And the whole point of that song is about establishing that she's the Queen, hence dancing with MJ the King etc, so its all part of one section.