Like a Prayer featured in new “Deadpool & Wolverine” trailer

I just saw the trailer in a theater before Furiosa and it was especially hilarious because Regal cinemas has this 4DX gimmick where the seats move almost violently, blasts of air hit you and even sometimes water squirts based on what’s happening onscreen. When the bassline from Like A Prayer started our seats were shaking violently to the beat, as in you’d spill your drink. 

On 5/24/2024 at 9:38 PM, Magic Pussy said:

I just saw the trailer in a theater before Furiosa and it was especially hilarious because Regal cinemas has this 4DX gimmick where the seats move almost violently, blasts of air hit you and even sometimes water squirts based on what’s happening onscreen. When the bassline from Like A Prayer started our seats were shaking violently to the beat, as in you’d spill your drink. 

Now this sounds like a cool experience. Thanks for sharing.  :luv:

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, maddy1111 said:

Pitty.. It means it won't be included in the actual movie, and LAP was used only for that one trailer. 

Still not bad for Madonna and her 35 years old song, I guess. 

Not necessarily.  There could be licensing issues.  There have been plenty of times artists had songs in movies but not added on the actual soundtrack;  That being said, I'm gonna have to agree that it's most likely not in the actual movie. :)

A missing opportunity but probably it was just licensed for the trailer to add that humor side to it, but not for the movie cause it wouldn't fit or whatever.

It's sad for us but not that rare in reality.

Plus licensing for a trailer is less expensive than for a movie and its soundtrack. I'm sure "LAP" is expensive to license, it's one of her biggest songs.

9 minutes ago, Prayer said:

A missing opportunity but probably it was just licensed for the trailer to add that humor side to it, but not for the movie cause it wouldn't fit or whatever.

It's sad for us but not that rare in reality.

Plus licensing for a trailer is less expensive than for a movie and its soundtrack. I'm sure "LAP" is expensive to license, it's one of her biggest songs.

Yes, this is my thought.  Even if it ends up in the film, it's still a win. I highly doubt it, but we can have our delusional wishful thinkings!!  LOL!

16 hours ago, Adonna said:

Yes, this is my thought.  Even if it ends up in the film, it's still a win. I highly doubt it, but we can have our delusional wishful thinkings!!  LOL!

Yes. As mentioned it could still be in the film. When I saw the other songs included I thought “Like. A Prayer is in a different league than these songs” but I’m also not posting on any of the other artists’ fan sites.

3 hours ago, Magic Pussy said:

Yes. As mentioned it could still be in the film. When I saw the other songs included I thought “Like. A Prayer is in a different league than these songs” but I’m also not posting on any of the other artists’ fan sites.

Most of the soundtrack is nostalgic to some really huge songs in various decades. 80's seems to be the most represented here.  I wish LIKE A PRAYER was among them, but it is what it is. Another part of me hopes, the song is still in the film.  It's probably not, but that film really could help pay some homage to a Madonna classic. Whatever the case, I'm just happy it got some appreciation regarding the trailer.  It's better than nothing. :)