Madonna to 'begin filming biopic starring Julia Garner in the next 12 months' after project was shelved during her Celebration Tour

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Are we seriously thinking this is the title of her film? AND…we have NO confirmation that M is scheduled to direct this UNKNOWN project. We have NO insight if this is a FILM or SERIES.

bye

Papi don’t be like that 

🎶Oh Papi you never wanted to live that way
You never wanted to hurt me
Why am I running away🎶

7 hours ago, Mdonna said:

But those are the same keyboard warriors that complain about everything all the time in all social media. 

We need to remember they aren’t what the majority of the world thinks or wants 

For her own ego (not that it’s a bad thing) and legacy, I think the prestige of a biopic vs a series  needs to be her first version of telling her own story. A growing number of feature films have been turned into limited series, whether retelling the story or a pre-quel or sequel of sorts. Even if the film isn’t successful critically or commercially, a limited series would be viable and likely desired by streaming services since her music would be all over it. I wouldn’t be surprised if part of the negotiation for the funding of the film would include an option to make a limited series afterward.

13 minutes ago, Magic Pussy said:

For her own ego (not that it’s a bad thing) and legacy, I think the prestige of a biopic vs a series  needs to be her first version of telling her own story. A growing number of feature films have been turned into limited series, whether retelling the story or a pre-quel or sequel of sorts. Even if the film isn’t successful critically or commercially, a limited series would be viable and likely desired by streaming services since her music would be all over it. I wouldn’t be surprised if part of the negotiation for the funding of the film would include an option to make a limited series afterward.

Seth Meyers Please GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

A series would make total sense and absolutely amazing, a successful movie (which it will be) would be the cherry on top of many cherries on top of many cakes from the past  

Just hope that while we wait for “who’s that girl the movie” gets released we get new music 🎵 

Influencer Please GIF by Salon Line

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

I only expect one thing from this movie, which is the same thing I've expected from other Madonna movies: a good soundtrack with a couple of great singles to play non-stop. 

Anyway, the fact that Julia Garner is involved scores a lot of points with me.

Yes hopefully so! 

With me too, I love her. I know some aren’t behind her in the role but I found her fantastic ♥️

I only just noticed at 8:13 she describes the movie option as being "part 1, part 2, part 3"

This whole time I assumed she was planning to cram 1963-1998 into 2 hours, but based on her wording it seems the (first) movie will feature only a section of her career.

Especially as she wants to tell stories (plural) of her childhood, plus the extensive research of her pre-fame era, I can see the first installment ending in 1984 - perhaps ending on the night of the 1984 VMAs like that script she loathed. Part 2 would be 1985-1998 and part 3 would be 1999-2023 (which wouldn't be so wild as it'd be released 10+ years from now) with the climax being the bacterial infection and Celebration Tour triumph. A stan dream.

15 hours ago, godonna said:

I only just noticed at 8:13 she describes the movie option as being "part 1, part 2, part 3"

This whole time I assumed she was planning to cram 1963-1998 into 2 hours, but based on her wording it seems the (first) movie will feature only a section of her career.

Especially as she wants to tell stories (plural) of her childhood, plus the extensive research of her pre-fame era, I can see the first installment ending in 1984 - perhaps ending on the night of the 1984 VMAs like that script she loathed. Part 2 would be 1985-1998 and part 3 would be 1999-2023 (which wouldn't be so wild as it'd be released 10+ years from now) with the climax being the bacterial infection and Celebration Tour triumph. A stan dream.

I feel she was just throwing things out there.  I don't see it being anymore than just one feature film. Also, I had forgotten how she stressed she wanted to tell stories about her life that people don't necessarily know.  I'm sure she is still feeling this way, so I am not sure we're going to get a lot of recounts of what everyone already knows, but maybe explore what happened behind the scenes for those monumental and iconic events. We also should keep in mind, films like this need to tell a riveting story and being we know so much about her, there is going to be some sort of conflict she needs to bring out and show resolution.  I agree, trying to condense her life into a two hour feature film, but I think if it went on too long, it would just lose focus and start to bore people.  I do think the many friends she had that died of AIDS will probably play a huge role in how this film may be told.

On 7/18/2024 at 5:44 AM, NRMX said:

Papi don’t be like that 

🎶Oh Papi you never wanted to live that way
You never wanted to hurt me
Why am I running away🎶

How many razzie will she have to take?
How much floppage?
How many film will she have to ruin?
Spanish eyes
When will she ever learn? :drama: