Who's That Girl/ Griffin Dunne

36 minutes ago, Charlotte D said:

I actually reckon Who's That Girl is better than Griffin Dunne makes out. Thoughts?

btw misleading headline but this is the Mail!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13493089/Griffin-Dunne-blames-humorless-Madonna-movie-flop.html

Absolutely misleading. He's never trashed her, but of course the movie was a flop.

Funny cause just this same week he gave an interview to a Spanish outlet promoting his new movie and praising her when asked about her:

image.webp

https://www.timeout.es/madrid/es/noticias/griffin-dunne-para-mi-verguenza-existe-una-foto-mia-con-madonna-y-con-donald-trump-060524

Let me translate the question and answer:

I can't resist asking about another movie from that time, "Who's That Girl", and about your experience with Madonna, the most famous woman on the planet back then.

It's funny because that's another movie that seems it's more accepted now than when we made it. Working with Madonna was a really amazing experience, she was a very funny woman and managed it all great. What I remember the most about that shooting are the helicopters flying above us constantly, with paparazzi inside, taking pictures of whatever we were doing. We had to shoot again most of the dialogues because of the noise of the propellers. Wherever we went it was a circus and madness wherever you looked at. I remember one day we were filming at the Trump Tower, and the guy who gave the name to the building came down from his office really wanting to have a picture with Madonna. And he got it. So, to my shame, there is a picture of me with Madonna and the former president of the United States. All of that was quite mad, but for Madonna it was just another day at the office though.

29 minutes ago, Charlotte D said:

I actually reckon Who's That Girl is better than Griffin Dunne makes out. Thoughts?

btw misleading headline but this is the Mail!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-13493089/Griffin-Dunne-blames-humorless-Madonna-movie-flop.html

The headline is very misleading because nothing he said says Madonna was "humorless".  In fact, he originally said she was a blast to work with and was very humorous.  To me Daily Mail just used Madonna's name for click bait, misleading people to think he was going to talk smack about her in his book, when he didn't.  The article says very little about the film and Madonna and is just a long piece about how his career went down in the tubes soon after.  He doesn't saying anything bad about Madonna.  He doesn't blame Madonna.  He even admits he made some poor choices.  Unfortunately, that headline will be all that some will read and take away that the two didn't get along and Madonna was not fun to work with.  Good going Daily Fail.  :salty:

If you google Griffin Dunne Madonna this is the only story to come up negative if you will.  It's a very sensationalist article.  

The movie didn't perform well at the box office most Madonna fans including myself seem to enjoy the film.  

I'd still be upset in a way if Griffin really didn't like the film.  I think his nervous guy act compared to Nikki is what made the movie enjoyable.  

9 hours ago, Blue Skies said:

If you google Griffin Dunne Madonna this is the only story to come up negative if you will.  It's a very sensationalist article.  

The movie didn't perform well at the box office most Madonna fans including myself seem to enjoy the film.  

I'd still be upset in a way if Griffin really didn't like the film.  I think his nervous guy act compared to Nikki is what made the movie enjoyable.  

I don't believe he dislikes it, but he probably sees it as not his best film. It really has nothing to do with his acting because the film is pretty much slapstick comedy. I'm sure he understands that.  To me, it's the story plot comes off lame and cheesy, but it's still fun and it shouldn't be a film that is taken seriously.  I'm sure Madonna took it more seriously than he did. Like you said, most fans enjoy this film. Madonna was great and hilarious in this.

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

just more DM bullshit - they right this trash because they love to slag Madonna off and those morons who have no life also like to add comments about her on those articles - we all know the film is an underrated gem ... :)

totally agree, and it’s usually the people who have achieved nothing in their own miserable lives that like to give her crap. Gutless keyboard warriors 

1 minute ago, Honey Little said:

The movie is one of the most joyously anti-capitalist Hollywood comedies ever made. Of course you and I are team Nikki Finn. 😍

We're also LOVELY COUGARS PURRING TO SATISFACTION PIOJITX!!!

For reference:

I got the moves, baby, you got the notion

If we get together we'll be causing a commotion, oh, CAUSING A COMMOTION, OH, CAUSING A COMMOTION!!!