Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere

Bat-Fan

I think it would be stupid not to include like a prayer, if you watch the youtube vids it is such an epic performance its awesome look at the crowd, etc would be a crying shame not to have that it

I think it is odd if she doesnt include Take A Bow because its the first time ever she does it on tour and the film was sort of mising one more ballad

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArthurBadin

There are at least four full concert videos on YouTube (not counting that one uploaded by the same guy who uploaded - and then removed later - that Chinese interview for MDNA Skin), I'll show you them all:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1G4WLkz9qA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9tLAcM21Mg

Don't know whether they are blocked by CBS (the owner of Showtime) for USA and Canada, but here in Brazil all four (and so that one I mentioned from that VKontakter, which one, according to SimonVenekeo, is blocked for those two countries) are avaialble.

I guess all four were taken from the same first full concert uploaded by that guy from MadonnaRama.

Guest ArthurBadin

strange that they are blocked in some countries and not others, or maybe its not, I dont know how this works. Any way, hope official PR comes soon.

Bat-Fan, we need to wait at least for the OTT services available for Showtime and The Movie Network to expire their contracts with the broadcast for any news, to avoid any kind of commercial competition between a DVD (even if it's not released at the time, only for being announced by a press release) and those broadcasts on channels, OTT services and OD services. I guess we will have to wait till mid-January or early February to any official news surface online.

Guest ArthurBadin

The bootlegs of the show have started to pop up. someone trying to sell a Blu-Ray of a rip of the broadcast for $45.

Simon, can you watch one or more of the videos I posted? Given you're a Canadian and TMN is broadcasting the concert till Jan 28, as far as I know...

Guest ArthurBadin

Simon, can you watch one or more of the videos I posted? Given you're a Canadian and TMN is broadcasting the concert till Jan 28, as far as I know...

By the way, i am a fan of your YouTube account and also your posts on ATRL. You are wonderful!

Bat-Fan, we need to wait at least for the OTT services available for Showtime and The Movie Network to expire their contracts with the broadcast for any news, to avoid any kind of commercial competition between a DVD (even if it's not released at the time, only for being announced by a press release) and those broadcasts on channels, OTT services and OD services. I guess we will have to wait till mid-January or early February to any official news surface online.

In Canada for The Movie Network they're still showing it. I just watched it yesterday at work.

You're right it make total sense they wouldn't release the DVD which will compete with the TV broadcast. The rumoured February 14th date to me doesn't make sense anymore from a sales perspective since with a month away it would be such short notice it wouldn't reach as many people and kill sales.

They're all blocked. Are these SHOWTIME broadcasts or fan edits? I think I recognize the thumbnail of the last one as a broadcast.

By the way, i am a fan of your YouTube account and also your posts on ATRL. You are wonderful!

Why thank you! I was so mad when my original channel got deleted. Rihanna started throwing copyright claims on my videos faster than I could start making them private. 😭😭 the bitch removed Diamonds World Tour videos but won't even release a DVD. The nerve!

Guest ArthurBadin

They're all blocked. Are these SHOWTIME broadcasts or fan edits? I think I recognize the thumbnail of the last one as a broadcast.

All are Showtime broadcasts. Some have the "Scott from MadonnaRama" or something like this subtitle, so i believe all of them were downloads from the original first full concert which was uploaded days after the premiere and it didn't last more than a day on YT (I remember all of that cause that was the first full concert video I saw and then downloaded - it was even shown by a fansite from my country), I mean, they are reuploads from the first full concert video.

Guest ArthurBadin

Why thank you! I was so mad when my original channel got deleted. Rihanna started throwing copyright claims on my videos faster than I could start making them private. the bitch removed Diamonds World Tour videos but won't even release a DVD. The nerve!

Oh God, such a shame from her team! I only have DWT (Diamonds World Tour) because a fan uploaded his own footage from full Paris concert (the one which was rumoured at the time to be filmed to do a DVD) on 4Shared, He also uploaded Beyoncé and Lana del Rey's Paris concerts done around the same time. But all his folders were deleted by copyright infringement. I managed at least to download audios from all three, the footage from Rihanna and a fanmade DVD for Lana del Rey's Paradise Tour. But unfortunately i didn't get full footage from Beyoncé's Mrs. Carter World Tour, only the full audio.

Guest ArthurBadin

No way is it released feb 14, we would have seen a PR by now

Indeed it was a rumour which was started around and was replied by some fansites (I won't name them) as a very reliable rumour. Never passed from being it: just a rumour. I truly believe when DazedMadonna said about UMG France informing it will be in the 1st trimester of 2017, but I believe more in a March date than a February one. Also coincidentally (or not) there is that Madonna Fan Party in London sponsored by her team which will celebrate the "fan premiere" of RHT, with a broadcast of "highlights of Tears of a Clown" by afternoon and then RHT broadcast and then 8 hours of Madonna videos, including WTG Tour to celebrate its 30th anniversary. I've seen so many things regarding of a Madonna live video release through the years that nothing could surprise me.

Also I think it is a good business move if she releases the DVD with the missing songs, it would be like extended version of the same film and all the fans that have bought their great bootlegs that they love will still want to buy the official because it is an extended version and has those missing 3 songs. Its a good business move.

I too highly doubt that it will get a release on February 14th. That isn't really a holiday that fares well for any media release other than a film in theaters. Like Bat-Fan said, we would have seen something about it by now because let's face it...any artist, not just M, has to plug, plug, plug, PLUG any sort of live release because they don't sell like they used to. When P!nk released her Truth About Love Tour: Live in Melbourne, it was made very clear the release was coming on her website and through her social media. I mean honestly, there was a metric shit ton of promo material from EPIX and on YouTube for the MDNA film. I think she will probably wait until we are just on the cusp of summer and release the DVD. I think she'll have the show with the missing songs and maybe a behind the scenes documentary (the Sticky doc was really her best behind the scenes doc for me) and MAYBE  Tears of a Clown. But I won't hold my breath for a big lavish release. I think TOAC is really an on the fence for release. I think if she ever decides to tour with the TOAC theme, having that type of show already out to the public could hurt ticket sales (even if in a smaaaaal way). I guess we will just have to wait and see, but I think we will get something along the lines of the Confessions Tour release with the full show with the added songs cut from broadcast, a mini doc, and if we are lucky, a CD of the show. I try to have low expectations to not get disappointed haha

Guest ArthurBadin

I too highly doubt that it will get a release on February 14th. That isn't really a holiday that fares well for any media release other than a film in theaters. Like Bat-Fan said, we would have seen something about it by now because let's face it...any artist, not just M, has to plug, plug, plug, PLUG any sort of live release because they don't sell like they used to. When P!nk released her Truth About Love Tour: Live in Melbourne, it was made very clear the release was coming on her website and through her social media. I mean honestly, there was a metric shit ton of promo material from EPIX and on YouTube for the MDNA film. I think she will probably wait until we are just on the cusp of summer and release the DVD. I think she'll have the show with the missing songs and maybe a behind the scenes documentary (the Sticky doc was really her best behind the scenes doc for me) and MAYBE  Tears of a Clown. But I won't hold my breath for a big lavish release. I think TOAC is really an on the fence for release. I think if she ever decides to tour with the TOAC theme, having that type of show already out to the public could hurt ticket sales (even if in a smaaaaal way). I guess we will just have to wait and see, but I think we will get something along the lines of the Confessions Tour release with the full show with the added songs cut from broadcast, a mini doc, and if we are lucky, a CD of the show. I try to have low expectations to not get disappointed haha

That sounds very logic. That part I have stuck out in bold reminds me of the notorious and failed release on DVD of Kylie's Anti-Tour. It's pretty clear general public is not here for rarities and another thing then the very known hits and this kind of concert like TOAC is targeted only for the die-hard fans, so there's no enthusiasm to a label to release a live video of it since the sells would be very little. The part I have stuck out in italic, right after the previous one, reminds me of the big rejection TOAC had even among the fans (especially TOAC2 since TOAC1 was kind of a surpise). Although Clown's character is a thing with which Madonna feels very comfortable and carefree to perform, it's pretty clear it's not a thing she should insist on for the sake of being smart in not getting a extremely big rejection by anyone (general public or fans, doesn't matter), even bigger than the exponential one she's already facing during these Oseary years.

In fact, I don't believe in a double-disc live video either, since if it's very hard to sell well a standard live video nowadays, let alone a double feature, which is way more expensive to develop and produce and that double cost reflects directly to consumers. MDNA, the album, was such a waste of money regarding of doing a double disc album when the Japanese edition indeed was a one-disc album and yet had more songs than the deluxe version in elsewhere. I guess Interscope and Madonna learnt the lesson with Rebel Heart (of course Super Deluxe had to be a double-disc feature cause its tracklist surpassed the maximum 80 min for a single audio CD). Indeed RH Deluxe has more songs than MDNA Deluxe (19 from the former versus 17 from the latter - I'm talking about the most common tracklists around the world, of course).

Sorry for having posted it first with that stupidity of a text and then making several edits but I got confused with the commands (of course I'm still a newbie). 

That sounds very logic. That part I have stuck out in bold reminds me of the notorious and failed release on DVD of Kylie's Anti-Tour. It's pretty clear general public is not here for rarities and another thing then the very known hits and this kind of concert like TOAC is targeted only for the die-hard fans, so there's no enthusiasm to a label to release a live video of it since the sells would be very little. The part I have stuck out in italic, right after the previous one, reminds me of the big rejection TOAC had even among the fans (especially TOAC2 since TOAC1 was kind of a surpise). Although Clown's character is a thing with which Madonna feels very comfortable and carefree to perform, it's pretty clear it's not a thing she should insist on for the sake of being smart in not getting a extremely big rejection by anyone (general public or fans, doesn't matter), even bigger than the exponential one she's already facing during these Oseary years.

In fact, I don't believe in a double-disc live video either, since if it's very hard to sell well a standard live video nowadays, let alone a double feature, which is way more expensive to develop and produce and that double cost reflects directly to consumers. MDNA, the album, was such a waste of money regarding of doing a double disc album when the Japanese edition indeed was a one-disc album and yet had more songs than the deluxe version in elsewhere. I guess Interscope and Madonna learnt the lesson with Rebel Heart (of course Super Deluxe had to be a double-disc feature cause its tracklist surpassed the maximum 80 min for a single audio CD). Indeed RH Deluxe has more songs than MDNA Deluxe (19 from the former versus 17 from the latter - I'm talking about the most common tracklists around the world, of course).

Sorry for having posted it first with that stupidity of a text and then making several edits but I got confused with the commands (of course I'm still a newbie). 

Kylie's Anti Tour was never intended for a video release.

• madgefan changed the title to Rebel Heart Tour DVD | Showtime Premiere
  • madgefan pinned, pinned, pinned and pinned this topic
  • madgefan pinned this topic