'Something to Remember' Song Appreciation Thread

madgefan

Don't you think that Something to Remember is definitely one of Madonna's best songs? Knowing that was penned by Patrick Leonard and Madonna herself, one can never think a bad song could have come out from their work together. Actually, it is astonishing that Madonna's most beautiful songs are always about a broken heart who only wishes she could keep moving on... It's true that her career has evolved and every artistic choice she's made has served like a mirror to what she's gone through on an emotional level. She may be perceived as a very reserved woman but her vocals on this song seem to come straight from the heart... as in many others. I think that's what I love about Madonna's stage presence and voice. She's not fake.

Posted Image

...Wish I had the chance to know you and it wasn't stormy weather.
What a shame, who's to blame?

• 1 month later...

Her ballads are actually some of her best work. :clap:  I love her honesty as a person talking from her own personal experience. Her voice is flawless in her ballads. I adore listening to piano covers of her ballads on YT. As raw pieces of music to listen to, the quality of the music in the ballads she has created over the years leaves me speechless. Wonderful.  :angel:

Here is an example:

As for 'something to remember', I think its a great song. Smooth and jazzy.