Express Yourself/Born this Way Debate

Did you also scratch your face in anger while reading my comment ? FYI i work in the media, i received the promo single for Just Dance and was asked to promote it. I hated it on the spot. I hated her on the spot. I interviewed her then and she was really really ugly and fake as fuck. She kept talking about Madonna because on her press release from Universal she was mentionned so naturally we all asked her about M. She chose from the beginning to be associated with her when she has nothing to do with her. Gaga in the flesh = no charisma at all, you see somebody struggling to place the phrases she rehearsed with a baby fry voice. She willingly chose to be compared to Madonna and then did not own to it and even sent her minions after her.I did not attack Madonna on a Madonna website. I just went on with the joke somebody made earlier. If you can't take a joke it's not my business and since you obviously are not gaga herself you should get help if you can't take anything negative said about her. I may not be intelligent but you do not sound very clever yourself. I did not attack you. You on the other hand attacked me. An intelligent person would excuse him/herself...so i'm not expecting an apology from you.

If you work in the media you'd be enough to appreciate her talent, that's it. Calling someone ugly won't make her ugly because it's based on tastes. I can take bad things about her but not that she is ugly because it has nothing to do with music, and she is a musician, not a model. She may be ugly but who's the one that got interviewed and had a massive hit with her debut song that you hated so much? I guess you sold the promo for a very good money (I'd do it), so thanks to her.

Everything Gaga did between 2010 and 2012 that was accused of ripping off Madonna was "pure" coincidence  :laughing:

And someone over here really needs to see a doctor  :monkey:

I love Dance in the Dark and Heavy Metal Lover though, it's great news she's working with Garibay again. I also love Fashion (from Artpop) even though her fans hate it because it's kind of similar to Holiday  :Madonna001:

• 1 month later...

Express Yourself / Born This Way mashup was a marketing trick imo.. I don't say that Madonna was trying hard to get attention (she can just go to the ladies room and it'll get so much attention LOL), but she wanted something.... spicy. And, I don't blame her. To all my fellow Little Monsters who mark Gaga as a victim in this, you're wrong. Gaga knew about the mashup, at the end of the day she agreed on that. How could Madonna get all the copyrights instead? So, Madge wanted to be spicy and controversial and Gaga too. They were both together in this lol. Madonna asked for permission (copyrights), Gaga agreed. That's all.

:Madonna007:

All this Madness.  Of course it was on purpose. Express Yourself is one of the greatest, most impactful songs of empowerment. Gaga obviously had an idea to write a song of empowerment. Took the basic chord progression and sang overtop it.

Just the same way she used Girl Gone Wild for Applause, Hold on were going Home for Do what You Want, Change of Heart by Cyndi Lauper for Black Jesus, Sweet Dreams (are made of this) for Pokerface, Flashdance for Marry the Night, Careless Whisper for Dance in the Dark, and the Monster Mash for Bad Romance.   :Madonna031:  (Actually..... I touch myself by the Divinyls is used for the spoken word part in Bad Romance). 

Alejandro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g--BGM9ty6c

Fashion of HIs Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqUSJkzwDz0

Money Honey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vm2VyQxLiw

If I had all the time in the world I could probably find where every single part of every song comes from. Madonna wasn't speaking lies when she said the word reductive. 

Its nice though, cuz her song is usually something Im more likely to listen to now as opposed to the 80s or 90s throwback. 

To be fair, Madonna borrowed a lot of elements from famous late 70s and 80s songs to conceive the Confessions on a Dance Floor album era. Also, she borrowed some ideas from Kylie and Goldfrapp, hell even a Tina Turner movie was quoted on the backdrop stuff... However, I don't recall the Queen talking in the press about how artistic and creative and original and blah blah blah all of it was and that is why we, the fans, are more condescending towards her anyway  :pop:

To be fair, Madonna borrowed a lot of elements from famous late 70s and 80s songs to conceive the Confessions on a Dance Floor album era. Also, she borrowed some ideas from Kylie and Goldfrapp, hell even a Tina Turner movie was quoted on the backdrop stuff... However, I don't recall the Queen talking in the press about how artistic and creative and original and blah blah blah all of it was and that is why we, the fans, are more condescending towards her anyway  :pop:

i think it's one thing if you borrow from another artist for a performance or a tour, and another if you release your new "original" single with your own video, which is supposed to prove again how creative you are.

to borrow from madonna is stupid anyway. everybody knows her performances/videos/songs too well.

it's like borrowing from elvis or the beatles...

then again, as time passes, people forget a lot. gaga stole from her too early.

I only find the chorus of Born This Way very similar to Express Yourself. But I like to think that it was purely by accident. There was eventually bound to be another song that sounds similar to Express Yourself. New songs sounding like old songs happen all the time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, can we cool it on the Gaga V Madonna drama please. :Madonna026:  It's not 2012 anymore... plus if you're not a fan of Gaga, that's fine, feel free to express your opinion of her, but do bare in mind that a lot of other people on the forum are a fan of her. I'm not a huge fan of her, but I find calling her ugly rather disrespectful. 

I only find the chorus of Born This Way very similar to Express Yourself. But I like to think that it was purely by accident. There was eventually bound to be another song that sounds similar to Express Yourself. New songs sounding like old songs happen all the time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note, can we cool it on the Gaga V Madonna drama please. :Madonna026:  It's not 2012 anymore... plus if you're not a fan of Gaga, that's fine, feel free to express your opinion of her, but do bare in mind that a lot of other people on the forum are a fan of her. I'm not a huge fan of her, but I find calling her ugly rather disrespectful. 

you hit the nail on the head  :Madonna005:  it's okay if you're not a fan of someone (even I don't like some artists), but writing school essays dissing them is childish

Oh it's a shaddy move but worked out for her LOL I don't know what to say I love them both I just want Gaga to say man I took her song and wrote some stuff over it - I was just not inspired that day.  :laughing:

I don't think you are ever going to hear that  :Madonna007:  lol.  In fact, if you ever hear any more about it, it will not be from either one of these talented artists.  (Though Madonna rules, she always has, so we should all just get over it, okay?!!   :fight: )