Living For Love - Single Thread

groovyguy

I agree, worst single cover ever. At least the others had effort or something new. It's even worse when you take into account that there are 3 well-executed album covers--why was it so hard to use a new image for the single? And pink? Doesn't match with any of the visuals so far (red would make more sense).

Not the worst ever but certainly the less 'creative' one  :lol: Well, at least they are releasing it physically, I think the second single won't even have the chance of a 2-track xD(I laugh at this but, being a collector myself, it is really sad)

again, we never know : GMAYL only had a single release, while GGW had a CD single, a Maxi CD and a 12" picture disc.

Isn't the story behind this cover because they wanted people to think Madonna was black so they didn't put her photo on it?

nope. that happened with her very first single "Everybody". but it happened the other way around: since it was her first song, and the artwork didn't have any picture of her, R&B radios began playing it, thinking she was black. after that, she became known and the rest is history: she is The Queen now.

I am hoping that Living For Love's chart life won't be over soon. Based on figures, a total of 64 stations in the US have now added the song to their playlist. If I could I will request the song like everyday but I'm here in the Philippines. So I hope that fellow M fans in the US will continue to request the song until regular pop fans can get the greatness of this song. Sleeper hit? I hope so. If not, then on with single number two. :)  

49 ARIANA GRANDE One Last Time Republic47 MADONNA Living For Love Live Nation/Interscope (add the 17 that added the song the previous week - a total of 64 stations)43 ZEDD I Want You To Know f/S. Gomez Interscope37 THE WEEKND Earned It XO/Republic36 SAM SMITH Lay Me Down Capitol30 NICK JONAS Chains Island/Republic30 RYN WEAVER OctaHate FKS/Interscope25 TORI KELLY Nobody Love Capitol18 NATALIE LA ROSE Somebody f/Jeremih IMG/Republic17 FLO RIDA GDFR f/Sage The Gemini Atlantic17 GEORGE EZRA Budapest Columbia17 LUNCHMONEY LEWIS Bills Kemosabe/Columbia17 NE-YO She Knows f/Juicy J Motown/Capitol17 WHO IS FANCY Goodbye SB/Big Machine/Republic15 IGGY AZALEA Trouble f/Jennifer Hudson Def Jam15 USHER I Don't Mind f/Juicy J RCA14 FIFTH HARMONY Worth It f/Kid Ink Syco/Epic14 NICKI MINAJ Truffle Butter f/Drake... YMCMB/Republic14 WALK THE MOON Shut Up And Dance RCA11 CALVIN HARRIS Outside f/Ellie Goulding Fly Eye/Columbia11 ELLIE GOULDING Love Me Like You Do CT/Republic-Interscope11 SHAGGY F/MOHOMBI/FAYDEE/COSTI I Need Your Love Ranch/BrooklynKnights/RAL10 CHRIS BROWN & TYGA Ayo RCA  

http://www.digitalspy.com/music/news/a631464/madonna-shoots-up-uk-itunes-chart-with-living-for-love.html?utm_source=twt&utm_medium=snets&utm_campaign=twitter#~p5jiKwkKVn0FrG

Madonna shoots up UK iTunes chart with 'Living For Love'
Madonna has shot up to number two on the UK iTunes chart with her new single.

The star's latest release 'Living For Love' was made available in the UK earlier today (February 25), and has quickly scaled the iTunes sales chart.

Posted Image

© Kevin Winter/WireImage

It is only currently behind Noel Gallagher's promotional track 'Lock All The Doors', which has been released to promote his new album Chasing Yesterday.

'Living For Love's high sales have been achieved despite Radio 1 refusing to playlist the track as they deemed it irrelevant for their younger demographic - a decision which was protested by Madonna's fans.

The station said that it makes its playlist decisions "on musical merit and... relevance to our young audience on a case-by-case basis".

'Living For Love' has been released in the UK today ahead of Madonna's performance at the Brit Awards this evening.

The star will take to the stage at London's O2 arena for the ceremony, which will be broadcast live on ITV from 8pm.

Madonna's 13th studio album Rebel Heart - which also features new tracks 'Bitch I'm Madonna', 'Ghosttown' and 'Iconic' - will follow on March 9.

Madonna‘s ‘Living For Love‘ is available in UK and Ireland!
LivingForLove available now on UK iTunes ahead of @madonna's performance 2nite at the @BRITAwards

Here the links to buy Living For Love:
UK iTunes:
Living For Love (Album Version) – 25.02.2015 https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/rebel-heart-deluxe-version/id953711094
Living For Love – Single – 25.02.2015 https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/living-for-love-single/id953579555
Living For Love (The Remixes 1) – 22.02.2015 https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/living-for-love-remixes-1/id968079622
Living For Love (The Remixes 2) – 22.02.2015 https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/living-for-love-remixes-2/id968079187

Madonna: ‘Living For Love‘ (4/5 stars)
Madonna Rebel Heart album artwork.
Oh, break-up songs. The stuff that sympathetically patters around in the background as you shamelessly succumb to the stereotypical routine of too much alcohol, bad (delicious) food and mortifying drunk dials. Except for Madge, who’s having none of your wallowing thank you very much. “Took me to heaven and let me fall down/ Now that it’s over I’m gonna carry on†she sings over throbbing percussion and a rousing melody eagerly nudged along by elated synths and Diplo’s soaring production. We knew there was a reason for all the hype.