Poll: Do you think Madonna's new music is related to her upcoming movie "Loved" or to her 14th studio album?

groovyguy

Madonna's New Music  

33 members voted

1. 1. Do you think Madonna's new music is related to her upcoming movie "Loved" or to her 14th studio album?

• "Loved" Movie OST
    • 14th Studio Album

Madonna prefers to keep her music and films apart.  However, she tends to get talked into doing a song or so.  Guy O. talked her into doing a song for W.E. 

Personally, I hope she does both. I hope she works on a score as well as a new studio album  But I agree, she probably hasn't thought that far ahead. 

Well, Rebel Heart came out in 2015, MDNA came out in 2012, Hard Candy came out in 2008, and Confessions on a Dance Floor came out in 2005. She usually releases albums 3 years after her previous release. The Rebel Heart Tour is yet to be released, but within a few days, thankfully. 

She might have someone create the score for her movie. Guy Oseary convinced her to write Masterpiece, so who knows? Given that the end of the year is near, we could possibly have a song/single released by the end of 2018 and an album in early 2019? She is probably in the earliest stages, so she might not even have a theme or a sound in mind just yet.

I would personally love for her to create a grungy, synthpop, electronic album. Something like Music 2.0 meets Goldfrapp's Black Cherry/Silver Moon. I always loved her collaborations with William Orbit and Mirwais. I understand she doesn't like to repeat herself, but she could collaborate with badass women in the electronic music scene, like Goldfrapp, Ladytron, Grimes (was in a commercial with Lourdes), Peaches, MIA (was in MDNA), and more. I'm done with the trap music and anything done by Diplo. The music scene needs a revival.

Her film might come first or at the same time as her new album. I don't have a problem. I do think it happened during MDNA, but she was also stressed over the MDNA Tour and the Superbowl. The Superbowl delayed a lot of her stuff, and she had to rush-release her stuff after Give Me All Your Luvin leaked. The same happened with Rebel Heart. She might be able to pull it together. She might make it similar to Rebel Heart and American Life, seeing how shitty the political climate is in the US. That's why it would be badass to collaborate with women this time around.

Actually, I think it might be both. She said in her interview for Harper's Bazaar this about the book, "It touches on a lot of really important topics I've always been invested in or championed—fighting for women's rights, gay rights, civil rights, always fighting for the underdog, I've always felt oppressed. I know a lot of people would go, 'Oh, that's ridiculous for you to say that. You're a successful white, wealthy pop star,' but I've had the shit kicked out of me for my entire career, and a large part of that is because I'm female and also because I refuse to live a conventional life. I've created a very unconventional family. I have lovers who are three decades younger than me. This makes people very uncomfortable. I feel like everything I do makes people feel really uncomfortable. Why does this book appeal to me? Why did I want to adapt it into a screenplay? Because it touches me on so many levels and it deals with so many important topics. Right now, more than ever, it's an extremely timely story to tell."