Thanks.  And to build on the topic, I certainly believe she should have been nominated and won Grammys  for LIKE A PRAYER. Other than the video "Oh Father" getting a nomination, everything else was shut out.  While it's not her most successful album (of the 80's), it definitely is a stand out album (the title track alone is).  She gained a lot of positive respect for the album. "Like a Prayer" has become probably her most memorable (and iconic) hit among the general masses. When people think of Madonna fondly, that song is the one most go to as one of her best. 

I also think "Confessions On a Dance Floor" should have won more, but at least it appropriately won the "Best Electronica/Dance album" award. Also, it's nice the tour the following year picked up an award.

Maybe that’s why she never attends awards show. The bitterness struggle is real...

While I think she enjoys the recognition and attention, I don't think she's impressed with winning awards. Surely, in the moment, I'm sure she's enthralled with it, but I don't really see her running home to put it on her mantle.  LOL!

I agree LAP should have at least been nominated(i think True Blue is a perfect pop album too and should have been nominated more ) but i get the impression the Grammy people just dont rate her ? Now they seem to love whoever is popular - ed Sheeran, Adele, Taylor Swift, Beyonce- all people who are safe and not controversial or push the envelope like M used to :((

I agree LAP should have at least been nominated(i think True Blue is a perfect pop album too and should have been nominated more ) but i get the impression the Grammy people just dont rate her ? Now they seem to love whoever is popular - ed Sheeran, Adele, Taylor Swift, Beyonce- all people who are safe and not controversial or push the envelope like M used to :((

I'm not sure if they just love anyone who is popular now.  I think from year to year, it's different.  In some instances, they tend to bring light on artists that aren't as commercially successful.  While some years, it's definitely about who is most popular.

That said, I think Adele and Ed Sheeran are very deserving of any awards they win.  Adele has the chops as well as the songs to back her up.  Ed Sheeran is incredibly talented.  He plays all his own instruments, writes his songs as well for many others.  To me, it's odd how we want to raise some people up who aren't popular, but those we do, we want to quickly bury them.  But that's me.  I love music. I am a music enthusiast, and I don't really take issue who is popular at the moment, unless they aren't contributing nothing but nonsense.  (IE: reality stars, especially who are only famous because someone in their family is/was famous).

I don't think Madonna personally cares so much.

But getting awards, particularly Grammys, is a great way to sell records and get other things..

Look at what it did to Alanis, Norah Jones and Adele. Among others.. it really helps getting the music out, and it's a good thing to keep in the curriculum when you need to get your foot out in some venture. Ego-wise, a veteran like Madonna probably couldn't care less, but it helps getting the job done if you have any other aspirations.

• 4 months later...