Madonna on Instagram / Facebook / Twitter + other Social Media

groovyguy

She's not crazy or an idiot. She wouldn't go out on stage on a dangerous show if she's on heavy medication. Heavy sedative or painkiller medication affects a person's reaction speed. She would never risk hurting her children, her dancers or herself. Which could happen on such a show, where they are jumping on stage, flying above the audience and dancing on chairs. And what example would she give her children if she goes to work intoxicated? I think we all know what kind of person she is, as much as we could without personally interacting with her, so that's out of the question.

33 minutes ago, Salida said:

She's not crazy or an idiot. She wouldn't go out on stage on a dangerous show if she's on heavy medication. Heavy sedative or painkiller medication affects a person's reaction speed. She would never risk hurting her children, her dancers or herself. Which could happen on such a show, where they are jumping on stage, flying above the audience and dancing on chairs. And what example would she give her children if she goes to work intoxicated? I think we all know what kind of person she is, as much as we could without personally interacting with her, so that's out of the question.

I used the term "impaired" earlier in this thread I don't think she's medicated (aside from whatever legit prescriptions she might possibly need) but those grillz make her sound like she is impaired in some way. I'm not a grill hater but practically speaking, it seems contrary to wear grillz in an advertisement featuring her speaking specifically about her timelessness and longevity. I'm sure the director Jonas Akerlund noticed it but he's worked with her for so long he's either YESing her to death or they knew the grillz would cause a stir. The old adage of "Any press is good press".

@Magic Pussy I didn't get the sense that you meant it in any bad way. It's a legit observation. All in all it's a futuresque bank ad. Her voice sounds more Madonna AI than Madonna. On trend, yeah, but I myself am not a fan of the grillz, at all. Her dark roots, love (watch her do a touch up now that I invoked it :

It's just the tone with some people, I've been around long enough to know the type. Cheers GIF by MOODMAN

1 hour ago, Champ said:

@Magic Pussy I didn't get the sense that you meant it in any bad way. It's a legit observation. All in all it's a futuresque bank ad. Her voice sounds more Madonna AI than Madonna. On trend, yeah, but I myself am not a fan of the grillz, at all. Her dark roots, love (watch her do a touch up now that I invoked it :

It's just the tone with some people, I've been around long enough to know the type. Cheers GIF by MOODMAN

Yeah, I'm with you. I actually felt that they purposely slowed down her voice for this as well.  I honestly am not bothered by the grills.  Do I think she speaks a bit odd with them? Yes, but it's not that bothersome to me and I don't think anyone but some fans are annoyed by it than anyone else. I don't think anyone in the general public is paying that close attention to really be bothered by it either.  It's only really within the fan basees I read the most criticism. 

15 minutes ago, Champ said:

@McDonna I just love her smile without it and I miss the gap. That's the Truth.

I understand, but it's not like she's always wearing it for every video or photoshoot.  She does switches it up.  To me, it's part of whom she is now since she's been wearing them for so many years.

I guess in some cases, I wish she didn't show them so much when she was first trying them on.  It's unappealing and ridiculous videos/images like this that just make it look tacky....

5XOQ.gif

While I crack up and am able to see she probably knew this looked pretty ridiculous, people take it way too seriously (again, mostly her fans) and won't let it go.  :laughing:

1 minute ago, adirondak said:

I think this is the longest she’s carried on with a trend continuously - re: grillz. 

Or maybe she's just made it a permanent part of her attire.  I know there are things I've worn and sported for many years, so why can't she?  Why is it that most anyone else who known to wears grillz aren't criticized or thought of as a following a trend, but some assume she is?  To me, it's just part of her attire now. 

13 minutes ago, Champ said:

@McDonna I still love it because I know who it annoys to the core! 😂

FB_IMG_1706751148036.jpg

At the end of the day, it's just decoration to one's teeth. I get it; it's not for everyone. Madonna's just having fun with it.  It's who she is. It doesn't change how I feel for her as an artist.  We all do silly things in our lives.  We all take risks and take chances in looking ridiculous.  Still, those grillz aren't keeping her from being the Iconic star she's always been.  She's still entertaining to me and I still enjoy her music, so I really am not bothered by the nonsense in between. We all have it in our lives and if the worst is someone to criticize her for wearing grillz, it's a win-win.  It's not like she's hurting anyone.  :luv:

1 hour ago, McDonna said:

Or maybe she's just made it a permanent part of her attire.  I know there are things I've worn and sported for many years, so why can't she?  Why is it that most anyone else who known to wears grillz aren't criticized or thought of as a following a trend, but some assume she is?  To me, it's just part of her attire now. 

There’s no criticism, but grillz are definitely a trend in my book. I don’t think people will be sporting them in 20 years. 

1 hour ago, adirondak said:

There’s no criticism, but grillz are definitely a trend in my book. I don’t think people will be sporting them in 20 years. 

Why not?  They've been around for decades now.  Started becoming popular in the 80's by Hip hop artists, only to increase during the 90's.  It's not just a "trend".  It's an accessory that will no doubt keep being worn for as long as people are living. I don't think it's a "trend" as much as today as it was in the 90's and then became more widely popular by the mid 2000's.

10 hours ago, McDonna said:

Why not?  They've been around for decades now.  Started becoming popular in the 80's by Hip hop artists, only to increase during the 90's.  It's not just a "trend".  It's an accessory that will no doubt keep being worn for as long as people are living. I don't think it's a "trend" as much as today as it was in the 90's and then became more widely popular by the mid 2000's.

Because that’s what I think. I guess we’ll see in 20 years. 

6 minutes ago, adirondak said:

Because that’s what I think. I guess we’ll see in 20 years. 

You're right it's your opinion. Madonna may not be wearing them in the future, but you can bet mouth pieces will always be worn by people in the future. It's not going away.  It's just another accessory anymore like necklaces, piercings, rings and even tattoos!

1 hour ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Are any users here black? I would like to hear a perspective other than all white people. Grills come from black culture

Can't tell if this is satire... how do you know who's white, black, or otherwise from avatars of Madonna?

PS - the first grillz are traced back to the etruscan Italians....

https://www.byte.com/community/resources/article/history-of-grillz

1 hour ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

Are any users here black? I would like to hear a perspective other than all white people. Grills come from black culture

Origins of black culture? I'll give you 4 examples: HER KIDS. Maybe she wears grillz for them. Do me a favor, block me. I love when the trashtalkers take themselves out.

CHOP!