Jay Z's new streaming service and Queen of Pop Madonna?

Queen

OK... If the forum is going to be flooded with BULLSHIT like this all the time, I'm gone.

I don't know about bullshit but the forum is already flooded with your pressness all the time about everything that everyone says. You keep going to attempt to throw shade on the status, with your buddy. Bye gurl

Posted Image

THANK YOU LILY ALLEN

Posted Image

"i think i may have spoken too soon, and that there is a lot to celebrate where TIDAL is concerned, i won't delete my posts becaus, my concerns are genuine, i am quite happy to admit i am wrong when i am. its late and I'm going to sleep, more tomorrow. BRB. also, unless TIDAL start sending everyone good quality headphones, the resolution thing is kinda redundant, we should all start making music with shit studio monitors #bridgingthegap. WE COULD JUST STRIKE TILL THE LABELS GIVE US OUR FAIR SHARE OF STREAMING REVENUE,NOT TAKE ADVANCES, NOT DELIVER MUSIC, FOR THE FUTURE ARTIST"

:clap: :clap: :clap: At least someone with a brain, the intelligent chanteuse

https://twitter.com/lilyallen

Is there any need for discussion to get this heated about such bullshit. You all better calm down About this tidal thing, i dont care about it. I doubt ill ever get an account since its really expensive. Hopefully this works out in 1st world countries with fast connections, etc. Maybe it will help these artists afford better output. Maybe then we'll get proper single covers for M. lolGet those coins idgaf

http://www.billboard.com/articles/business/6516951/tidal-backers-twitter-followers?utm_source=twitter

Jay Z brought along some (very) famous and influential friends for this week's re-launch of Tidal, his high-fidelity music streaming service. The rapper's strategy to reach the most prospective subscribers began with a mysterious viral campaign, which saw artists with a combined 156 Twitter million followers change their avatars blue and declare #TIDALforALL in similar tweets.

Several big social gets for Jay Z in his rollout campaign include Alicia Keys (21.46 million Twitter followers), Coldplay (14.4 million), Nicki Minaj (19.1 million) andRihanna (43 million), respectively. Jay's wife Beyonce, who has 14 million followers but has not tweeted since August 2013, also blued-out her avatar, as didKanye West (11.8 million) and Usher (10.2 million). Most included the message "History will be made in 5 hours" and a 30-second promo for a live stream event.

Like clockwork, each artist also let their followers know when the event went live.

Twitter Followers:

Alicia Keys – 21.46M
Arcade Fire – 771.7K
Beyonce – 13.9M
Calvin Harris – 5.7M
Coldplay – 14.4M
Deadmau5 – 3.1M
Jack White / Third Man Records: 121K
Jason Aldean – 2.71M
Kanye West – 11.8M
Madonna – 684K
Nicki Minaj – 19.1M
Jay Z – 3.12M
Rihanna - 43M
Usher – 10.2M
J Cole – 6.45M

TOTAL: 156 million followers

This group of Tidal backers is even more impressive when you begin adding up their sales figures, which amounts to roughly 642 million combined U.S. album and digital songs, according to Nielsen Music. In terms of album sales, Madonna leads the pack (53.2 million*) followed by Jay Z (35.6 million), Usher (23.8 million) and Alicia Keys (18.4 million). As for digital songs, Rihanna leads the way (75.9 million), followed by Jay Z (49.2 million), Beyonce (46.2 million) and Kanye West (45 million).

U.S. Album Sales

Alicia Keys – 18.4M
Arcade Fire – 2.6M
Beyonce – 15.8M
Calvin Harris – 0.3M
Coldplay – 18.3M
Daft Punk – 3.3M
Deadmau5 – 1.1M
Jack White – 0.9M
Jason Aldean – 10.1M
Kanye West – 14.6M
Madonna – 53.2M* (SoundScan era = 28.2M // RIAA certs through May 1991 = 25M)
Nicki Minaj – 3.4M
Jay Z –35.6M
Rihanna – 10.3M
Usher – 23.8M
J Cole – 1.6M

TOTAL: 213.3M

U.S. Digital Song Sales

Alicia Keys – 21.9M

Arcade Fire – 3M
Beyonce – 46.2M
Calvin Harris – 11.4M
Coldplay – 33.8M
Daft Punk – 9.9M
Deadmau5 – 5M
Jack White – 1.3M
Jason Aldean – 32.3M
Kanye West – 45M
Madonna – 18.5M
Nicki Minaj – 29.8M
Jay Z – 49.2M
Rihanna – 75.9M
Usher – 38.2M
J Cole – 7.3M

TOTAL: 428.7M

Madonna responds to the TIDAL backlash: Nothing is for free!
 MARCH 31, 2015  NEWS  
Madonna responds to the TIDAL backlash: Nothing is for free!
Madonna, Beyoncé, Rihanna and other artists publicly throwing their support behind Jay Z’s new streaming service, Tidal, have been receiving mixed reactions from fans.

According to their website, Tidal is the first music streaming service that combines the best High Fidelity sound quality, High Definition music videos and expertly Curated Editorial.
They currently have two memberships: $9.99 a month for standard quality sound, or $19.99 a month for “lossless high-fidelity sound.â€

However, the co-ordinated effort has been hit by a backlash from fans for employing activism tactics to promote an app which helps musicians earn more money rather than using their voice to publicise a genuine charity campaign.

Madonna responded to the negative comments on her Instagram…

Tidal is not about consumption and greed! Its about protecting an art-form that is beloved to all of us MUSIC! #rebelhearts stand together for what they believe in!

Everything will be explained and revealed in time! Have Faith!
And remember nothing is for free! This is a universal LAW. Somewhere-Somehow-Someone has to pay. There is always an exchange. #truth. #tidal

If you refer to Tidal as Illuminati, you are paying us the highest of compliments. As I’ve stated before it is another name for “The Enlightened Ones†a group of scientists, philosophers and artists that emerged after the dark ages. They changed and shaped the world for the better! Do the research and find out for yourself! #knowlwdge is power #rebelheart

http://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2015/03/31/madonna-responds-to-the-tidal-backlash-nothing-is-for-free/

Any ways, the whole thing raises an interesting debate. Most seem to conclude that no one really cares about HD. No free tier means no growth. And restrictions breed piracy.

Here some interesting views:

• [*]
How Jay Z’s Tidal Press Conference Showed He’s Out of Touch (TIME)

• [*]
Tidal music service is artist-owned to serve no one but his own posse (TNW)

• [*]
Here's a big list of everything that's wrong with Tidal (TechRadar)

Jay-Z interview about the Tidal, interesting quote "People are not respecting the music, and [are] devaluing it and devaluing what it really means. People really feel like music is free, but will pay $6 for water."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6516928/jay-z-tidal-jimmy-iovine-interview

1. He is really comparing music with something that human needs for live

2. Jay been swimming in money for so long he forgot the struggle. If he thinks that's how much water costs then it shows you he's got too much money to be this thirsty for more.

3. This whole Tidal campaign is giving me life, it's hilarious how out of touch he and some of these artists are

Posted Image