Ten reasons I loved (and love and defend) the MDNA era, 10 years later, despite the criticism.

Drownedboy

On 2/8/2022 at 6:32 PM, thegoldencalf said:

First of all BTW and Artpop are some of my all time favorite albums. 
Born This Way album and song sold very well because she was riding the wave of Fame Monster and it had the most expensive marketing campaign ever. I remember reading somewhere that interscope never really made their money back from the sales. And then they had a way more restrained budget for Artpop that sent Gaga spiraling into depression.
But Judas, You And I and Marry The Night underperformed terribly. And so did the tour…

it was a very good, solid POP album!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Drownedboy

1)Loved the Tour, the only time I have seen her, in Barcelona and she was flawless and the show amazing and was a total success for her. 2)The Superbowl perfomance: awesome, iconic, loved by everybody and a total success. 3)The cover of the album: one of her most beautiful ever. 4)The album itself:oks, I could do without Birthday song or I fucked it up, and I never quite liked the first single, even though it was fun and a success, but at the end MDNA mixed all the Madonnas (the f

Roland Barthes

It's still a shit album and its masters should be sent into the sun to burn in it forever. I've never hated a madonna song ever before girl gone Wild and i still do. The whole era was her trying to compete with Gaga meaning she lowered herself to her awful asthetics and putrid dance music from a worst of the 90's compilation. It's badly written, badly recorded, badly produced, badly mixed and badly mastered. The cover is beautiful though. So is the whole photoshoot. The tour is messy, it's like

Prayer

Great dance-pop album and probably her last album with the whole pop world watching and paying attention. Amazing tour. Terrible promotion. The lack of a proper marketing team from the label behind her was noticeable here. This album with Warner would have been managed differently. The whole concept of the "DNA of M" was too cool to not use it. It's funny how some fans complained that she didn't do pop/dance with "Hard Candy" but later complained too when she was back to it on "MDNA". She r

Posted Images