Madonna's Spotify Progress

Fabiolous

On 8/20/2023 at 12:27 AM, Prayer said:

Of course The Wekeend being the #1 most streamed artist in the world helps. Also, the song definitely having "help" from his label in terms of playlisting and radios.

But "Popular" is, by far, the most successful song from "The Idol" project and his second most streamed song released this year, only after "Die For You - Remix" with Ariana Grande (released in February, 568M total currently).

That means people like "Popular". There's an obvious organic part involved.

They like it for sure. I play it every Saturday at the club, and people react screaming and cheering. That happens with good hits only lol. 

Just now, McDonna said:

So insane how Popular is sneaking up to her most streamed songs in just a matter of months.  No doubt Popular will be at 200M in the next few days. :eyes:

It could even end up being in her all time Top 5 #soon

We'll see. Now it's still doing 2-2,5M a day. That's bonkers. All her other big hits ("Material Girl", "Hung Up", "La Isla Bonita", "4 Minutes", "LAP"...) do a million each four-five days-a week.

Just now, Prayer said:

It could even end up being in her all time Top 5 #soon

We'll see. Now it's still doing 2-2,5M a day. That's bonkers. All her other big hits ("Material Girl", "Hung Up", "La Isla Bonita", "4 Minutes", "LAP"...) do a million each four-five days-a week.

The whole ordeal is a love-hate relationship for me.  LOL!

"Drowned World/Substitute For Love" single update:

dw.png.24d4352478834df665e84f975f6ded00.png

Remember the first track is matched with the "Ray Of Light" album version and "GHV2", hence the 9M figure.

It's sad that they've missed two key things with this one:

- Not putting 2023 as the release date, so it doesn't show as latest release (f*****k "Sorry" BLOND:ISH EP still there getting all the attention).

- It's and "old" release with 1998 as date and not 2023, so they couldn't send it to Release Radar playlists and they missed that organic (and free!) push. But look what that Release Radar playlist push did for Prince's unreleased track from his "Diamonds And Pearls" reissue:

prince.png.ad3701f9a830709b5f0cc6fc4ffdad75.png

In just two days and Prince usually has less streams than Madonna.

With one of the remixes of "DW/SL" on Release Radar the promoted track could be the same or even above 100.000 streams already - instead the highest one is at 4.000.

Emily and/or Rhino, DM me! :smile: I can help!

Just now, f78k said:

Already?... :thinker:

They're doing the same they did when it was about to reach 100M... they posted it a day/two days before cause it was coming anyway. For attention, I guess?

The last official update is 197.115.771 streams. It does around 2,5M each day so it's even possible that in today's update (later today) it remains still at 199M.

We'll see.

8 hours ago, Prayer said:

They're doing the same they did when it was about to reach 100M... they posted it a day/two days before cause it was coming anyway. For attention, I guess?

The last official update is 197.115.771 streams. It does around 2,5M each day so it's even possible that in today's update (later today) it remains still at 199M.

We'll see.

I guess we're all going to have our own thoughts on this, but I suspect it's possible that what we currently see on Spotify isn't truly LIVE stats.  Therefore, maybe it has reached 200 million, but we're still seeing stats from the day before.  I think someone brought that up before when we discussed it going 100 million.  

That all said, we know it will reach 200 million and keep going.  By the end of the year, I suspect the song will be her top streamed song on Spotify.  

15 hours ago, McDonna said:

I guess we're all going to have our own thoughts on this, but I suspect it's possible that what we currently see on Spotify isn't truly LIVE stats.  Therefore, maybe it has reached 200 million, but we're still seeing stats from the day before.  I think someone brought that up before when we discussed it going 100 million.  

That all said, we know it will reach 200 million and keep going.  By the end of the year, I suspect the song will be her top streamed song on Spotify.  

No, I think they just lie to get attention, just like they did with the 100M figure. On today's update "Popular" is 199.445.150 streams, not even 200M officially today either. Of course we don't have real time updates, but I don't think they do neither. It's a fan account. They just went ahead with it cause it's so close to 200M now and anyway who cares? It's going to be 200M tomorrow anyway, so it's just a little lie.

But it's simply not true. MEN LIE.

New big peaks today:

- "Popular": 199M

- "Like A Prayer" ("Celebration" Version): 289M

- "Crazy For You": 111M

"Popular" officially +200M today:

pop200.png.2f8837dafb40603825560cbbedd40261.png

Her 7th track to do so on Spotify so far. ("Vogue", currently at 199M, will also pass 200M in the next few days and it'll become her 8th).

New big peaks today recap:

- "Popular": 201M

- "La Isla Bonita": 309M

- "4 Minutes" ("Celebration" Version): 251M

- "Into The Groove": 106M

- "Like A Prayer" ("Like A Prayer" Album Version): 93M

All-time Top 40 updated:

- Updated All Time Top 40 (Official, not merged):

01. Material Girl ("Celebration" Version): 367M

02. Hung Up: 348M

03. La Isla Bonita: 309M

04. Like A Prayer ("Celebration" Version): 289M