#soon Madonna 2023

maddy1111

1 hour ago, LoveSong said:

I just bought a CD today. I guess I baffle you then.

I've practically bought M's whole catalog and many other artists Vinyl in the last two months. Vinyl is expensive, and there seems to be a demand for it.  Streaming may be the thing, bit a lot of people still want physical copies of their favorite artist.  Relying on streaming is foolish. The moment things go dark (no internet) you'll always be able to rely on the physical copies.

49 minutes ago, tscott said:

I've practically bought M's whole catalog and many other artists Vinyl in the last two months. Vinyl is expensive, and there seems to be a demand for it.  Streaming may be the thing, bit a lot of people still want physical copies of their favorite artist.  Relying on streaming is foolish. The moment things go dark (no internet) you'll always be able to rely on the physical copies.

I wouldn't call it foolish. There are a lot of people who only stream, and they are probably smart individuals. I am not one of them as I do not stream. Just saying, you may have just insulted a truck load of people.

9 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

I wouldn't call it foolish. There are a lot of people who only stream, and they are probably smart individuals. I am not one of them as I do not stream. Just saying, you may have just insulted a truck load of people.

It wasn't meant to insult those who stream.  But look at how quickly things appear and disappear with streaming. In two years, can you promise the album or film you love will be available?  Streaming services can easily use this tactic.  Meanwhile, if you have a physical copy you can always guarantee watching or listening what you love at anytime you like. :)

Just now, tscott said:

It wasn't meant to insult those who stream.  But look at how quickly things appear and disappear with streaming. In two years, can you promise the album or film you love will be available?  Streaming services can easily use this tactic.  Meanwhile, if you have a physical copy you can always guarantee watching what you love at anytime you like. :)

This is true - 

4 minutes ago, tscott said:

It wasn't meant to insult those who stream.  But look at how quickly things appear and disappear with streaming. In two years, can you promise the album or film you love will be available?  Streaming services can easily use this tactic.  Meanwhile, if you have a physical copy you can always guarantee watching or listening what you love at anytime you like. :)

oh I am all for physical stuff. ask my bank account and credit card lol

2 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

oh I am all for physical stuff. ask my bank account and credit card lol

Me as well.  I rather own than rely on streaming.  Streaming is convenient, but you can't be guaranteed that you'll be able to come back to it.  If you own it, there is more guarantee. 

11 hours ago, tscott said:

If the internet goes dark, there will be more pressing matters in the world to deal with than racing to stream Madonna!

3 hours ago, Bjonkers said:

If the internet goes dark, there will be more pressing matters in the world to deal with than racing to stream Madonna!

Not just if the internet goes dark, but if you personally cannot access it when you want or if her music is removed from the platform, especially the concert films.  I remember when Warners had Youtube remove all her music videos years back.  I will always purchase a physical copy if made available.