Boy George about Madonna

True Blue 84

He changes his story every few years. Blaming Pete Burns now he's died is a bit low. 

Just like he said about Adele, he's a celeb he expects not to pay, the best seats and meet them. 

They aint havin it so he slags them off. Ive met him, a few of us have, he isnt all that. He might wear his war paint for confidence but under it all he's not that interesting.  Not taking away the talent that a lot think he's got but he's a bit meh to be honest. Not on about the start, yes! He was cool but when that wore off he had nothing else interesting about him.  Still hasnt apart from made up or re worded gossip. We all know hes jealous bitter mega fan really. 

2 hours ago, Starchild said:

Released in 1987... Maybe Alek Keshishian is a Boy George fan too?

The clip was compared to singer Boy George's music video for his 1987 single, "To Be Reborn", released less than five years before "This Used to Be My Playground". In George's video, he also appears on pages of a photo album, performing the song. George himself stated in his autobiography that he was "furious" after watching Madonna's clip and renamed it "This Used to Be My Video".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Used_to_Be_My_Playground#Music_video

7 hours ago, Starchild said:

Ugh. I hate people.

You know George was rumoured to have paid for Pete's funeral, yeh?

https://www.attitude.co.uk/culture/film-tv/boy-george-offers-to-cover-the-costs-of-pete-burns-funeral-290666/

Dont know if he did end up paying tbh. Hes broke himself. Hes had to go in the jungle and bring a book out his house was up for sale and there was talk of him going bankrupt which he denied.  You never know with him, I do hope hes OK though, life has its ups and downs. 

Strange every few years he says 'hes changed and doesnt bitch about anyone anymore' then continues doing it when he needs money. 

14 hours ago, scallywally said:

Hes broke himself.

Oh, okay, George's personal accountant...

Did you ever consider that he does things like I'm A Celebrity for PR repair, as well as for the experience and cash?

When M started putting her name to sunglasses and coconut water, did you assume she was struggling financially?

And he also stated on X that the house is still his, despite that recent press.

It sounds like you're from the UK and were raised on a trashy tabloid diet.

19 hours ago, LongIslandTea said:

The clip was compared to singer Boy George's music video for his 1987 single, "To Be Reborn", released less than five years before "This Used to Be My Playground". In George's video, he also appears on pages of a photo album, performing the song. George himself stated in his autobiography that he was "furious" after watching Madonna's clip and renamed it "This Used to Be My Video".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Used_to_Be_My_Playground#Music_video

I know, and grasped your reference in the other post. Huge rip-off but also a compliment, hey?

I still feel people aren't realizing that George isn't bad mouthing anyone recently, but is promoting a book about his life which he's being interviewed about.  Of course, he's going to include juicy things to get people's attention.  Certainly, it would include how he felt about certain people in the past.  That being said, he even said in recent interviews he "loves" Madonna. He's admitted being jealous of her and he's moved on from those thoughts, yet sharing how destructive he once was and why he felt the way he did about certain people and situations. 

Yeah i think some things I said have been taken the wrong way or ive probably said it the wrong way. Yes I did meet him and he wasnt nice like on tv promoting and was a let down but saying that id be scared to meet M incase that happened too (probably would) . I said ups and downs hes on a big up at the moment, his panto is here doing well and hes going to NY after to be in Moulin Rouge. Im impressed. My negative points were his kinda bi polar bitchiness about someone he loves he's got a huge portrait of M in his house.  

Im not the kinda person to make money from putting people down. Thats just George i mean so do a lot of them could name quite a few that bring her up for headlines its not just him. They all change their stories too when they need to. 

The problem with George, and from the very start, it's he's bitchy about everybody. Dissing people was his main occupation. And in the early 80's it was manadatory in the british teen magazines. Last summer i read all the Smash Hits and Number Ones available online from the 80's (for research) and every single popstar was pushing to diss other popstars, it's absolutely unbelievable nowadays since everybody is so beige (except towards Madonna) and lame. they even had popstars reviewing other popstars releases and trashing them and their character.G. Michael, Neil Tennant, Robert Smith, Morrissey (whom made a parallele career out of it)....it's all on (digitalised) paper. So George comes from this culture which is popular brit culture at the time (hence the tabloids because people enjoyed trashing celebrities). For George it must also come from lack of self confidence and tht is really a shame because behind the costumes and the makeup, the vile words, there's a fantastic songwriter, brilliant lyricist and singer (contrary to some other one) and it's a shame that the best of Boy George is not out there or so fragmented that you have to dig deep to find it but in th 90's he was at his peak as a musician, sadly, for lack of focus, ambition, laziness...i don't know, it's all lost. And he does not seem interested in making the wrongs right now by releasing this stuff (we're talking about more than 200 songs and alternative versions). He enjoys more being a b-list celebrity i guess. He said himself that when they met at her birthday in 87 she invited him to go running with her and hang out in NYC but he was condescending and regretted it. He also said that, and the editor of Smash Hists Australia related it on Insta a few months ago, that when she blew the candles of her bday cake she said "Easiest blow job i did all year". Keep in mind that George was on top of the world in 83 by 84 a bad CC album and drug problems plu fame going to his head ruined his career (he was in his early 20's only) just like Elton John was finally having a hit after a long string of flops (and before a few others), Cher was making Cher albums (aka duds) etc...and Madonna blew them all out of the water. She finished their careers at that point. the only one that was not mean to her was Olivia Newton John. All the other ones were awful, that's one of the reason why Prince admitted her in his Revolution circle in early 85 because he saw the rejection from the industry and peers. She was not welcomed with open arms at all. I guess that's why she never really got into that fake public showbiz celebrity friendship thing that some adore so much like Elton. George is a big fan but George is George, he "only hurts the ones that he loves", he can say whatever he wants about her but he got his claws out more than once defending her on Twitter....just like us, just like family in fact. 

I just wish he would focus on being a musician and not on being a celebrity.

On 11/25/2023 at 9:28 PM, Starchild said:

He's a Gemini. 'Nuff said.

As I had the damn luck to have got my ascendent sign as this one (it was a cuspid however, one minute more and it'd be Cancer), you may get I can totally relate to. Esp cause my own solar sign's the astral hell to Gemini aka Taurus.

EDIT: Barthes, this explains perfectly why Mr. O'Dowd "only hurts the ones he loves." Including himself.

On 11/24/2023 at 2:46 PM, scallywally said:

He changes his story every few years. Blaming Pete Burns now he's died is a bit low. 

Just like he said about Adele, he's a celeb he expects not to pay, the best seats and meet them. 

They aint havin it so he slags them off. Ive met him, a few of us have, he isnt all that. He might wear his war paint for confidence but under it all he's not that interesting.  Not taking away the talent that a lot think he's got but he's a bit meh to be honest. Not on about the start, yes! He was cool but when that wore off he had nothing else interesting about him.  Still hasnt apart from made up or re worded gossip. We all know hes jealous bitter mega fan really. 

I spent some time exploring his solo music years ago and I found it to be very interesting. Moreso than the stuff with Culture Club. It is a shame though that his solo stuff really didn’t get much attention/recognition and he sort of gave up on it in the end.

Ugh, you guys are making me want to revisit his solo gems.

Here's a quick list of his finer moments that are worth checking out:

After The Love (1989)
Love's Gonna Let You Down (1991)
The Crying Game (1992)
Love Is Leaving (1996)
When Will You Learn (1997)
Why Go? (1998)
Out Of Fashion (2002)
Losing Control (2002)
American Heart (2009)
Video Games (2012)
Death Of Samantha (2013)

21 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I just wish he would focus on being a musician and not on being a celebrity.

Agreed, but in fairness, he has made a lot of music over the years, and with a lot of soul.

I wish he'd focus on quality over quantity, like he did with This Is What I Do, rather than releasing 60 songs at age 60.

20 hours ago, Anapausis said:

As I had the damn luck to have got my ascendent sign as this one (it was a cuspid however, one minute more and it'd be Cancer), you may get I can totally relate to. Esp cause my own solar sign's the astral hell to Gemini aka Taurus.

EDIT: Barthes, this explains perfectly why Mr. O'Dowd "only hurts the ones he loves." Including himself.

All that stuff is made up :laughing: