Changes throughout the tour

androiduser

• androiduser changed the title to Changes throughout the tour

You're right ... I don't think this thing valorizes the original movements though, they flowed more naturally imo. She seems to do it very intentionally anyway and also the second verse seems more coregraphed; this part works much better in this way.

If there's one track that needs some more coreograph is Rain in my opinion ... just saying :kiss2:

8 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

She performs the majority of the show differently every night to be honest . It’s not like past tours where every step precise .

This. While the show is full of detail and there are some routines and cues, etc., she's much more relaxed this time. She's finally found that balance between her old mega shows and the freedom of letting go a little bit. Which is obviously better for her cause she looks: happy. She can have more fun now.

While doing my edit I realized she changes little things every night, here and there: "Nothing Really Matters " is really never the same (plus the circle thing started to move recently again in the chorus, in previous shows it was stopped after she came out and she stayed there in the middle); little things in "Open Your Heart", "Holiday", "Hung Up", "Vogue", "La Isla"... even the "Papa Don't Preach" bed scene has changed in some shows, her head movements, and the dancer just follow and adjust to her. In older tours it would have been always the same precise movements, always.

While the base of the show is there, she's more free this time. It's refreshing and good for her - and ultimately for us! Give us more content and new things to expect :smile:

2 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Dear fellow lil' monster and kylielover, does it seem to you Maverick Management's now on full force????

I’ve noticed this guys channel was terminated and I’m wondering too if it’s to do with Madonna’s team. If so it’s a shame they don’t want the promo for the tour.

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

This. While the show is full of detail and there are some routines and cues, etc., she's much more relaxed this time. She's finally found that balance between her old mega shows and the freedom of letting go a little bit. Which is obviously better for her cause she looks: happy. She can have more fun now.

While doing my edit I realized she changes little things every night, here and there: "Nothing Really Matters " is really never the same (plus the circle thing started to move recently again in the chorus, in previous shows it was stopped after she came out and she stayed there in the middle); little things in "Open Your Heart", "Holiday", "Hung Up", "Vogue", "La Isla"... even the "Papa Don't Preach" bed scene has changed in some shows, her head movements, and the dancer just follow and adjust to her. In older tours it would have been always the same precise movements, always.

While the base of the show is there, she's more free this time. It's refreshing and good for her - and ultimately for us! Give us more content and new things to expect :smile:

I suspect it’s to do with her health. For example, some nights she dances more than others in select songs. The movement is fairly improvised, even by the dancers at times. It’s quite interesting to compare.

12 minutes ago, Nicmag said:

If you pay close attention, you'll hear the verse I'm talking about right before she sings "Live out your fantasy here with me"

So, yes, that part has also been changed.

Oh I see! Thank you! I hadn't checked the London videos that close...

It seems that was dropped quite early, though. It definitely wasn't in Barcelona and hasn't been in the shows after. Maybe two dancing moments so close to each other was too much for her or she didn't like it or whatever. I agree the final dance is more effective without that verse, a better climax.