Latin America: Madonna + Itau advertisement campaign

thiagosb

Was it necessary for Madonna to have to share the spotlight with those people who must surely be very famous in their country but who end up stealing valuable seconds of participation from her? Personally, I don't know who those people are nor do I care, but the fact of not giving total prominence to Madonna makes me feel as if these businessmen doubt the media power that the Queen of Pop still has when I am sure that her mere presence would be more than enough to achieve the desired impact for any product that any businessman could think of to promote: be it banks, apartments, skin creams, perfumes, condoms, instant soups or whatever.

To be honest I was left wanting to see more. Madonna looks divinely beautiful in this commercial that could very well have been one of my favorites but that falls by the wayside because I am not convinced by the fact that she is not the only protagonist. If not, it may well have kept company with the Ariake and Takara commercials that remain my favorites to this day.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Madonna posted the full version of the advertisement campaign with Itau at her Instagram: 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3n6pd5SFyn/?igsh=MWN0cmdtOTYwOTJiNg== 

There is also a Forbes article explaining how the campaign came to life and how Madonna was involved in the selection of the shooting location, the design, the costumes, the script, the music, and the directorJonas Åkerlund. 

The full article is available here: 

https://forbes.com.br/forbes-mkt/2024/02/de-roteiro-a-locacao-como-madonna-liderou-sua-primeira-publicidade-no-brasil/?fbclid=PAAaa_CmxOmV2kvwHAbqaSbXpSKYDm70nLJ9EDAQteVnkESjAjU2wJafb2kBA_aem_AdXlFryJ-JcEq5fGiu9E7tJ6coTzB04KSjGPf3jUHb2py-Xolmh7X6eZgrx1JrYRUrw