Madonna: Like A Prayer (poll)

angelamanda623

Madonna: Like A Prayer  

72 members voted

1. 1. Which cut is your favorite from this hit--critically and by fans acclaims--album (standard version)?

• Like A Prayer
    • Express Yourself
    • Love Song
    • Til Death Do Us Part
    • Promise To Try
    • Cherish
    • Dear Jessie
    • Oh Father
    • Keep It Together
    • Spanish Eyes
    • Act of Contrition

This is a tough one, as I did with all the other polls, I pick the song for which I turn up the volume while playing the record now. Which isn't really fair because it kind of disqualifies the main singles. I mean it's hard to debate the brilliance of LAP and EY, but they've been with me most of my life, and keep coming back in different guises. So apart from those my favourites probably are KIT, SE (I remember as a kid I was stunned by such a wonderful song at the end of the record, for some reason I thought it ended with KIT and then this came, well reading the tracklist would have helped) Cherish was my favourite back then, I played it so often on repeat at one point my record had a big scratch on it and I had to wait until it was released as a single so I could listen to it again, lucky me I got supernatural as a bonus! But no, I voted for TDDUP, the bright synthline, clear electric guitar, drum effects, that nasal backing track and the spoken vocals (hm, there seems to be a pattern in my choices when it comes to spoken vocals, going to be in big trouble once we hit Erotica) And then there's the last line and the sound of breaking glass and the fade out outro, it used to run shivers down my spine, not even fully grasping what the song was about I might add. I thought "the vases fly" was some very deep sh*t lol

This album is sensational. I absolutely love it. No filler tracks, fantastic singles.Like A Prayer has always been my favourite M song from not long after it was released (it now swaps places occasionally with Frozen). My mum played it a lot so it rubbed off on me I guess. Nowadays I love the gospel feel, the drums being absent from the verses with a quiet lullaby kind of feel that builds up to the choruses, and the song has a real uplifting feel for me.But I highly rate all the tracks and feel like by picking a favourite I've let down the other tracks lol. To be honest I think all the songs (excluding Act Of Contrition obviously) are strong enough to be singles.

and it was the first song I learned in English language! Plus: I couldnt hold my tears when I saw it live during MDNA :angel:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

As much as I love LAP the song I can barely listen to it anymore. It´s been overplayed to death. All radiostations only play this song as if it is the only song Madonna ever recorded. Everywhere Madonna is mentioned LAP gets played. So tiresome. I voted for KIT. I love the RnB vibe and the lyrics :heart: