MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

2 hours ago, WokeUpInMedellin said:

I don't know, I don't really agree. I've never heard of a leak coming from vinyl orders. Taylor never manages to have any leaks even as her secret albums are being pressed in the millions before she even announces them.

I wouldn't be shocked if she had owning a vinyl pressing company. 

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely love that she loves Burning Up and Everybody. Taste. I think she does Like A Virgin and Material Girl because it’s expected. She largely ignores the rest. Occasionally throwing a bone at Dress You Up. I think she has much more affection for her debut as she regularly mentions Physical and I think Holiday is her most performed song. Lucky Star and Borderline have had a few outings over the years too. 
LDLHA is a cover so it’s discounted. 

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

I absolutely love that she loves Burning Up and Everybody. Taste. I think she does Like A Virgin and Material Girl because it’s expected. She largely ignores the rest. Occasionally throwing a bone at Dress You Up. I think she has much more affection for her debut as she regularly mentions Physical and I think Holiday is her most performed song. Lucky Star and Borderline have had a few outings over the years too. 
LDLHA is a cover so it’s discounted. 

I would think she prefer her Debut as well because a number of her own written songs made it, long before she got together multiple writers and producers like on her future albums. A lot of girls who popped up in the 80's with pop album, had a zillion of people writing for them. Not her!! :)

11 hours ago, Shoful said:

Is it? Debut is amazing and so is Think of Me

I would say The First Album is better than Like a Virgin overall, no doubt for me.

But to say that "Think of Me" is better than "Dress You Up", "Like a Virgin" or "Material Girl"? That's unheard of. But to each of their own :) I personnally think that "Think of Me" is only better than "Pretender" and "Shoo-Bee-Doo". It's not a bad song, but clearly feels like filler in an otherwise really good album.

5 minutes ago, Curtains said:

I would say The First Album is better than Like a Virgin overall, no doubt for me.

But to say that "Think of Me" is better than "Dress You Up", "Like a Virgin" or "Material Girl"? That's unheard of. But to each of their own :) I personnally think that "Think of Me" is only better than "Pretender" and "Shoo-Bee-Doo". It's not a bad song, but clearly feels like filler in an otherwise really good album.

i'd add "stay" to that list :lol:

for some reason her second album sounds more dated than the first

I've always thought Think Of Me is hella basic in the same way Pretender and I Know It are. Those "songwriters first song" choruses. So basic. Stay has a lot more charm and urgency. I Know It is like a bad Pointer Sisters song. They're all so Kidsbop. 

I always feel like I Know It, Think Of Me, Pretender, Shoo-be-doo is the singles run for an artist who's debut was Ain't No Big Deal. 

Like a completely different trajectory of what could have been and would've been for so many of those slight, puppet type girl singers of the early 80's. They're wanna be songs. Borderline actually would have been that girls one hit song before obscurity.

Burning Up, Everybody, Physical Attraction, Holiday, Lucky Star, Like A Virgin, Material Girl, Dress You Up, Into The Groove are the Madonna songs. The hit girl. The grit girl, The hot girl. 

I don't fuck with the basics. 

So in short thank god she let the writers do their thing on a bunch of other singles and delivered her the package we know and love. 

5 hours ago, Curtains said:

"Stay" is on the same level for me, nothing more than a filler track. Though if I had to erase either "Stay" or "Think of Me" from her discography, I'd erase "Think of Me".

and yet she proved she can do worse than any of these songs with Bday Song, Spanish Lesson, GMAYL and Superstar :dihtltt:

10 hours ago, migsou said:

i'd add "stay" to that list :lol:

for some reason her second album sounds more dated than the first

Personally that's her third that sounds so early 80's or off to it's year before but it's because I think it's supposed to sound like that, can I say the vocal mixing is probably what makes it sound weird

Also I do not believe the songs she chooses to perform is an indication of which albums she likes most. She always starts with the concept/narrative of the show and then builds the setlist around that. It is also about what she is feeling in the moment.

4 minutes ago, 17th said:

Could be promising but two facts:

- Release date (next week!) is too close for it to be something "new".

- Barcode is exactly the same as the 2001 remastered reissue.

I think this is a new edition of the 2001 remaster, sadly.

44 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Could be promising but two facts:

- Release date (next week!) is too close for it to be something "new".

- Barcode is exactly the same as the 2001 remastered reissue.

I think this is a new edition of the 2001 remaster, sadly.

Interesting that the price point is €6.61. Sounds more like a single than an album re-issue.

On 5/23/2024 at 3:42 PM, Curtains said:

"Stay" is on the same level for me, nothing more than a filler track. Though if I had to erase either "Stay" or "Think of Me" from her discography, I'd erase "Think of Me".

I absolutely love Think of Me, sweet young Madonna vocal harmonies.