Does Madonna meet and greet fans?

Headless.Headphones

Ok so awhile back I was wondering; i've never seen her say at a red carpet go up to someone than sign or interact at all, let alone have a meet and greet before or after a show. But I ate my words because there was an event, I forget which where she went "oh" and went and like talked to some fans behind the barrier but how often? I would love to know she does way more than i've seen but sadly maybe not? Also come from being a fan of Tori Amos - every show unless sick or rare meets her fans, takes songs requests and it's free. I know during like sound checks she's back and forth talking so I guess so right? Forgot about that part just as I was typing this up now. She also remembers some of the people of upfront? And does she do autographs often?

I never expect to meet her and if that where to happen it would be a sentence with no sense and prolly flamboyant ( i'm not that lol). And I wish she was little more like this - although yeah it was a movie preimere or something and she was "oh" and went to some fans behind the gate. Also the stuff at sound check shows but her being cold is another half I love so i'm torn.  :Madonna021:

I have seen some pics, though I think it is usually of people connected to someone working on her show or family/friends connected to the promoters.

Probably more in the last 10 years she has started signing autographs and talking to fans on the red carpet of some events (never awards as far as I know)

No official meet and greets. From all the BTS of her tours, she seems to not want to do anything other than focus on the show. I think it was a huge deal that she actually got fans up on stage for RHT and talked a lot more to people in the audience, something I though I would never see.

I do have the feeling she meets with a lot of people who are unwell and part of things like Make a Wish, stuff we never hear about. It was mention in a newspaper article from 1987 that while she was recording the Who's that Girl? Soundtrack she met with a young fan dying of cancer as part of Make a Wish. So she could be meeting fans on the D/L quite a bit and of course we just never hear about it.

Yeah I get the feeling she embraces just being laid back - the chip on her shoulder I never saw once during the entire RH era. People will knock the set list or whatever but she was literally having a blast and why not. But I have seen her have a great back and forth banter with people at the sound check shows. How do people get there? like i've seen youtube videos and they are practically watching the entire show but she's in sweats lol.

There is like an avalanche of PR moves today where especially pop stars are telling everyone and their mother how much they love them. Oh and my favorite..to just be yourselves, all the while reading from a script of how they are supposed to be. Even Madonna fans have fallen for it surprisingly. Possibly because the push has been massive and now seen as this is what we expect and if you don't deliver you will be criticized. Like a forced relationship. Forced love...

A lot of the PR today is in direct contrast and almost made to make people forget all the reasons they loved Madonna. One of many things about Madonna that I loved when I first became a fan as a teenager was she respected my intelligence.

I am sure Madonna's exchanges were very much reflective of what she was feeling at the time of the exchange. Once upon a time, respect for being rebellious, cool, adult, or an independant thinker was very strong amongst the push to sell products that has been growing for years.

It seems that retail mentality has taken over art now and the customer is always right. No more respecting artists for their own strengths and for who they are. Now everything is a contest where artists are products with must do lists and music fans wearing sports jerseys pretending to respect art when in truth art and individuality has been kicked to the curb. What's amazing is that what I believe Madonna was saying about celebrity in her art has been completely misunderstood by many people who can't see beyond what is on the surface.

No one wants to grow. They want to be talked to and treated like they are children. I can't imagine how Madonna as an artist who believes in growing must feel in this kind of environment.

I'm probaly getting deeper than just wondering if Madonna meets and greets with fans because I know a great many people believe that celebrities should be somewhat accommodating to fans seeking autographs and friendly exchanges. It's not unreasonable and I am sure Madonna has been accommodating at times. What I would like to point out is that I think Madonna does what moves her at the moment and if she doesn't want to interact with anyone another day that is not a reflection of her appreciation of her fans and definitely not a reflection of the fan. I have no doubt that Madonna appreciates all her fans but she is a human being in every sense and not a robot. What was once seen as cool now gets her in trouble. It's not cool to be real today.

So my assessment about Madonna's meet and greets is that I have seen her in recent years possibly giving into pressure and looking very much like a fish out of water too, but I believe that there are times when she genuinely wants to interact with fans when like anyone else chooses to Interact with people she feels in the mood to do so.

She seems way better meeting fans candidly these days. I've seen her stop to sign things at airports. She never did that. I never blamed her for not stopping. She had people who wanted to kill her. Look at John Lennon. Look at the nut she had stalking her back in LA in the 90s! She did CD signings in the early 2000s for Music and AL.

I'm probaly getting deeper than just wondering if Madonna meets and greets with fans because I know a great many people believe that celebrities should be somewhat accommodating to fans seeking autographs and friendly exchanges. It's not unreasonable and I am sure Madonna has been accommodating at times. What I would like to point out is that I think Madonna does what moves her at the moment and if she doesn't want to interact with anyone another day that is not a reflection of her appreciation of her fans and definitely not a reflection of the fan. I have no doubt that Madonna appreciates all her fans but she is a human being in every sense and not a robot. What was once seen as cool now gets her in trouble. It's not cool to be real today.

I respect Tori Amos for there has been like a handful since like early of times since like early 90s she won't go out before her show and meet fans. So it's rare she doesn't and I mean there isn't a million people but also this reminds me of what happened to Amy Shumer. Recently, she is now saying no more selfies because i forget exact but the guy was like "you owe this" or even something like "we own you" and even the most minor star I would think never that it's degrading and she's not an item you may of invested in over the years, stocks like come on!. 

I respect Tori Amos for there has been like a handful since like early of times since like early 90s she won't go out before her show and meet fans. So it's rare she doesn't and I mean there isn't a million people but also this reminds me of what happened to Amy Shumer. Recently, she is now saying no more selfies because i forget exact but the guy was like "you owe this" or even something like "we own you" and even the most minor star I would think never that it's degrading and she's not an item you may of invested in over the years, stocks like come on!.

Exactly.

Not to sound too rude, but I've always had the impression that Madonna can be a bitch to be around. However, such an attitude is very common among the extremely rich and famous, and I'm not saying she is a bad person. It must also be really weird to meet-and-greet with the more fanatic fans, which is why some artist don't do it.

Not to sound too rude, but I've always had the impression that Madonna can be a bitch to be around. However, such an attitude is very common among the extremely rich and famous, and I'm not saying she is a bad person. It must also be really weird to meet-and-greet with the more fanatic fans, which is why some artist don't do it.

Oh she's a bitch but I didn't see like any hints of this era it was crazy but it's comforting because maybe she's finally comfortable. But yeah hardcore bitch  :laughing: .

She has, or used to have a reputation as a bitch. I don't know if it's actual bitchiness or insecurity that is then perceived as bitchiness??

She's not just slightly famous, she's a superstar and has been in the public eye for over 30 years. I guess when you have that level of fame you start to almost live in a bubble and not interact with normal folk regularly. She may also find that nearly everyone she ever meets is a "yes man" or is trying to stick their nose up her butt or something. She may be so used to wondering are people only ever after sonething or only ever heap praise on her (from her fans) if they meet her that maybe she can never really feel at ease and off guard.

I sometimes wonder if I met her, how would I be with her? I'm not really bothered about meeting celebrities at all, so I wouldn't go out of my way, but say if she was somewhere I was at the same place and I bumped into her casually ...I dunno, I'd like to think I'd just be normal and not go all gooey eyed and brown nose her lol.

I wonder if she'd rather her fans automatically love all her songs, or would she prefer if we would assess her music objectively (and not subjectively)? I mean, I'd never ever be rude or anything lol but if she asked me if I liked Rebel Heart, I wouldn't say I loved it (it's her worst album IMO), I'd probably say it's not my favourite.... lol ðŸ˜ðŸ˜Ž

I think her perceived "bitchiness" is just her sense of humor. Most of the instances where people got butthurt about something she said or did, it wasn't meant to be taken so seriously.

She's often said that her humor goes over people's heads and she's right. Now I've never met her before, so I can't say what kind of person she is. But based on her public persona, I don't think she's ever come across as "bitchy" as others have made her out to be.