Madonna wants to take you to Art Basel Miami

survivalartist

https://news.artnet.com/market/madonna-heads-to-miami-basel-611120?utm_content=buffer42a2d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=socialmedia

Madonna Wants to Take You to Art Basel

Calling all art world virgins.

Rain Embuscado

August 17, 2016
Madonna_ExpBanner_81516_4.0-1024x576.jpgMadonna. Courtesy of Omaze.

The Material Girl is coming for Art Basel this December, and she’s looking for two “art world virgins†to take with her.

In a Twitter announcement published on August 16 (amid the digital love-festthat was her 58th birthday), Madonna shared a link to her latest fundraising campaign for Raising Malawi, the non-profit she co-founded back in 2006.

The lucky winner will be invited with their plus one to an all-expenses-paid vacation to the annual art fair in Miami Beach. (If some TLC with the queen of pop fails to entice, we’re sure she’d want the charitable soul to consider her cause anyway.) You can enter the competition by donating as little at $10 to $5,000,

Other perks listed on the campaign page include attending an art auction with the pop star, one-on-one time with the pop star, and going home to a four-star hotel, courtesy of Madge. But as the New Times, which first had the story, aptly notes, important details surrounding the auction (and her involvement with the event) have been left unaddressed. Is she performing at the art fair; or is she having a surprise art show of her own; or both? We have questions.

It’s worth noting that Madonna isn’t the first celebrity pop star to make a splash about hitting the art fair’s circuit. With the help of Jeffrey DeitchMiley Cyrus headlined an event back in 2014. Last year, Solange Knowles performed at the Nautilus hotel along the beach, while Wyclef Jean rocked the Pérez Art Museum Miami. Only time will tell if Madonna plans on taking the stage this time around.

Follow artnet News on Facebook.

Support Raising Malawi and Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel Miami
You and a friend will:
  • Attend the 2016 Art Basel Miami event, including an art auction with Madonna
  • Meet Madonna, do your best Vogue and take a selfie with her
  • Get flown to Miami and put up in a 4-star hotel

Haha I'm sure I'd freeze and tear up for a few seconds but my god the opportunity to observe art with her? It would be so amazing to be able to think and feel and compare reactions. I've hit up Art Basel a few times its a madhouse so this will be quite a scene. Once I stood in line next to pop star Robyn for like a half hour to get into a Mr. Brainwash exhibition that he was hosting. 

• 2 months later...