Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

Diplo opened up about his collaboration and revealed that Madonna’s first single has been wrapped up during an interview with BBC Radio’s Zane Lowe…

Here’s the transcript 

I never expected to accomplish a lot with her. I just felt like we were gonna meet, try some things out. I heard she’s very difficult to work with from a lot of different producers.

We had a really good chemistry in the studio. She was interested in what I was doing. We have a couple of records that were very much… one actually could have been a Jack U record. The beat started like that.. really crazy.

We did a bunch of stuff.

I think that she’s gonna take about five or six of the songs we did. We wrapped up the first single last week in New York, so I’m just fine-tuning that mix.

She’s a legend.

We had one song that’s kind of a retrospective record, with lyrics from her career and samples vocals from old Madonna‘s songs and news reports from her from the last 30 years.

I’m excited about that project!

It’s cool to have someone like her to have some faith in us.

She must have thought of a tracklist during the recent weeks, maybe she's just giving it the last touches, just like she creates her tours. I completely trust her in this sense.

Reading between the lines of what Diplo said in that interview, it seems the reason for her frustration with the studio delays last week was about finishing the first single which is produced by Diplo. And what's interesting is that Alicia Keys was with them in the studio. Does this mean the first single features AK? Maybe they'll release the single out soon. Fingers crossed!!!

And speaking of Diplo, it's interesting that he mentioned before that he went to Youtube to learn more about her career. Madonna should really take note of that. She needs to make sure the content capturing her career is available in relevant channels that people actually go to. 

She must have thought of a tracklist during the recent weeks, maybe she's just giving it the last touches, just like she creates her tours. I completely trust her in this sense.

It's interesting and exciting that Diplo also kind of confirmed that Madonna is going to take 5 or 6 songs [out of the 7] they wrote together. This hints that they must have already come up at least a rough track list. Just two months ago in the Idolator article dated July 3rd, 2014, Diplo wasn’t even sure about how many of their songs would make it:  â€œWe’ve written about seven songs now, and hopefully maybe four or five will make it to the album.†http://www.idolator.com/7525216/diplo-major-lazer-madonna-gwen-stefani-interview

Who's Working on Madonna's Album? 20 Possible Collaborators | Billboard 

Madonna continues to keep fans guessing as to what big-named collaborators might appear on her next album -- due in 2015 -- thanks to her numerous posts on Instagram. The shutterbug diva has taken a shine to the photo-sharing service this year, uploading numerous images of potential pairings, but which artists will make the cut?

Billboard looked to Madonna's Instagram to determine who her likely co-conspirators will be on the follow-up to 2012's MDNA. Let's examine the candidates, in order of their likelihood to appear on her next album.
- Keith Caulfield

DIPLO: Madonna has posted multiple photos of with the writer/producer/DJ in a recording studio over an an extended period of time, and he's gone on record as having written a number of songs with the Queen of Pop. Three of them, at least, are "amazing, smashes," he told Billboard for his recent cover feature. 

Additionally, in an interview with BBC Radio 1, he said that they were "wrapping up the first single last week in New York," and that they are "fine tuning" the mix. So, it would seem that Diplo has emerged as the album's central producer, with Madonna. "I'm excited about that project," he told Radio 1. "It's one of the first ones I've done a majority of a lot of the production."

MOZELLA: Singer/songwriter MoZella has a special connection to Madonna, as she was signed to Maverick Records (a label Madonna launched) in 2003. On Maverick, she released a self-titled EP in 2005, and then a full-length album, I Will, in 2006. But MoZella is likely better known for her skills as a writer, as she co-penned Miley Cyrus' "Wrecking Ball." Madonna is clearly a fan of Cyrus, having performed on her "MTV Unplugged" special and singing a mash-up of Cyrus' "We Can't Stop" and her own "Don't Tell Me." 

LONDON COMMUNITY GOSPEL CHOIR: This one seems like a done deal. The group, which Madonna shared a video of singing a tune (presumably for her next album), has previously appeared on Madonna's American Life album and backing her at the Live 8 charity concert.

TOBY GAD & ARIEL RECHTSHAID: The prolific Gad has written and produced songs for a range of pop artists, including Selena Gomez, Demi Lovato, One Direction and Fergie. Writer/producer Rechtshaid has recently collaborated with Kylie Minogue, Haim, Charli XCX and Sky Ferreira.

S1: Producer S1 (aka Larry Griffin) has turned up on Madonna's Instagram via in-studio photos, collaborating with Madonna, Gad and MoZella. S1 has written and produced songs for Kanye West, Eminem and Beyonce, among others. He co-wrote Kanye West's "Power" and Beyonce's "Best Thing I Never Had."

MARTIN KIERSZENBAUM: Kierszenbaum, the chairman of Cherrytree Records, is also a writer, producer and artist (under the name Cherry Cherry Boom Boom) — and co-wrote and co-produced four songs on Lady Gaga's The Fame. He wrote "about seven songs" with Madonna, in songwriting sessions with Natalia Kills (an artist on Cherrytree). Calling it a "real privilege" to write with Madonna, he says that "It was just me on the piano, and Madonna and Natalia Kills around it, and we just wrote songs the old-fashioned way, just playing the piano and singing. … I don't know what she's gonna use from the sessions, but it was a tremendous honor."

NATALIA KILLS: The pop artist has charted three top 10 hits on the Dance Club Songs chart, including the No. 3-peaking hit "Mirrors" in 2011. Her most recent album, Trouble, reached No. 70 on the Billboard 200 in 2013. 

AVICII: In a caption accompanying a photo of the two artists, Madonna wrote: "The End of a long week with Viking Leader AKA DJ Virgo AKA Avicii! So many great songs! #icantwait #revolution." Avicii remixed Madonna's 2012 single "Girl Gone Wild."

MILEY CYRUS: Perhaps a teaming of the two pop stars is in the cards? Cyrus is managed by Larry Rudolph, who also manages Britney Spears. Spears paired with Madonna for "Me Against the Music."

ALICIA KEYS: Keys and Madonna now share the same manager, Guy Oseary, so might Keys tinkle the ivories with Madonna? Is another smooth R&B collaboration up her sleeve, a la her teaming with Babyface for the Bedtime Storiesalbum?

DISCLOSURE: Madonna has shared three images of Disclosure from two different concerts. She's clearly a fan of their work, but will she team with the Grammy-nominated dance duo?

LOURDES LEON: Hey, anything is possible. Madonna's kids are clearly talented: eldest daughter Lourdes sang background vocals on Madonna's MDNA set, while oldest son Rocco Ritchie danced on stage during the MDNA World Tour.

BONO: U2, like Keys, is also managed by Oseary. Madonna recently socialized with Bono, and both are charitable spirits who are keen to buck trends. 

PHARRELL WILLIAMS: Pharrell worked with Madonna on her 2008 Hard Candy album, co-writing and co-producing seven of the set's songs. Among those were "Give It 2 Me," which garnered a Grammy Award nomination for Best Dance Recording.

SKRILLEX: The EDM superstar -- and pal of Diplo's -- has turned up in a few of Madonna's Instagram photos this year. Back in 2012, Madonna tweeted to Skrillex, "I worship you. Why won't you open up for one of my shows?" She previously said that "He's one of my favorites."

KATY PERRY: Perry and Madonna collaborated for a V magazine photo shoot and interview earlier this year, while Madonna also enlisted Perry to curate her Art For Freedom project. What are the chances these two pop divas might make some pristine pop tunes?

PUSSY RIOT: Madonna has been a vocal supporter of the embattled Russian punk group, which saw some of its members jailed in 2012 following a protest performance in a Moscow church. On stage at the 2014 Amnesty International concert in New York, Madonna introduced two formerly-jailed members of the act.

MICHAEL JACKSON: The King of Pop and Queen of Pop -- that has a nice ring to it, right? Jackson and Madonna were supposed to work together on Jackson's single "In the Closet," but that never came to fruition. Perhaps there is a from-the-vaults unreleased Jackson track that would find its way to Madonna in 2014, the same year in which Jackson's Xscape album was released?

2PAC: Old friends 2Pac and Madonna can be heard together on the leaked collaboration "I'd Rather Be Your Lover," which, in its final form, is 2Pac-less on the Bedtime Stories album. The official version of the song instead features Meshell Ndegeocello.

Mozella @mozellamusic  
Coming soon!!!!!  

...While Billboard reports that the album isn’t due until 2015, there’s no reason why that lead single couldn’t drop, well…any day now. In a post-Beyoncé world, there’s just no telling what’s going to happen next...

I know it sounds weird, but I think I've prepped myself this time around as though the wait is part of the process.... I'm content actually, when any new music comes I think I'll be in a better headspace (than MDNA or HC).  I don't feel tortured... I feel expectant and content. Mostly... this is due to reading comments in other forums (not like this one) that overly bitch without hearing anything.  I think for the last 2 albums I got wrapped up in that... Not anymore.  Distance can be good for the soul and recharging of the Madonna battery.

:kissy:

Posted on MT forum:

2 tidbits of information I heard today while having lunch w/a friend from NBC, take them both with a HUGE grain of salt. He works with a major artist (can't say who) but #1 he told me and #2 I overheard. 

1. They're really pushing to get M to appear for Jimmy Fallons birthday show this Friday and perform new song. She's already reached out to the producers of the Tonight Show and wants to use that medium for upcoming release. 

2. Since Aretha Franklin is coming out with her "surprise" album on 9/30, theres been more aggressiveness with her trying to get this done in time for Grammy noms. 

That's it. I'm not counting on either, but I pass what I hear.

Madonna has been spending some time in the studio the past couple of days and confirmed today she’s working with DJ Dahi and Blood Diamonds.

Madonna posted on Instagram…

Nothing can stop the Sex Boyzzzzzz! Aka Dahi and Blood Diamonds. #iconic #Sex #trustnobitch

“S.E.X.â€, “Trust no Bitch†and “Iconic†are three tracks that have been recorded for the upcoming album!

Seven months ago, Madonna already teased one of these titles… #trustnobitchhttp://instagram.com/p/lEAGhMGEYH/?utm_ ... aign=photo

Michael Tucker, aka Blood Diamonds, is a 21-year-old producer and musician from Kansas who has worked with various artists, including Grimes, Kiesza and Sky Ferreira. His music has been described by The Guardian as “blissful and bubbling lush electronica.â€

Dacoury Natche, professionally known as DJ Dahi, is an American hip hop record producer and DJ from Los Angeles, California. Dahi is perhaps best known for producing “Worst Behavior†by Canadian rapper Drake, as well as his collaboration with American rapper Kendrick Lamar.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CccnAvfLPvE