Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW

New_Boy

4 hours ago, beastwivvin said:

Precisely. She could have regaled us with a demo of "hey you" which would have been much more appropriate (from a hot dog vendor pov)

Nah, I preferred Imagine.  I love her version of it.  She sounded beautiful singing it too. It always got a huge reaction too, especially every time John Lennon came on the screens.  Also, many times I feel she sings covers better than her own songs.  :luv:

14 hours ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

What a waste of space on that setlist too. I hate when she does cover songs instead of her own stuff.

Do you know what it was originally?

...Live to Tell. Lol it worked out though because I'm sure had she done it on RIT we wouldn't have gotten the amazing disco crucifixion version for confessions.

23 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

A "nightmare"?  I do not think so.  " Nightmare" is a bit harsh.  It was well sung and heartfelt.  A beautiful moment really.  

hen she could haemorrhage in a cup and you'd want it on pink swirl vinyl. You're not the most objective fan and I love that for you .... but let's be real. i'm out here un-imagining. 

6 hours ago, steady75 said:

hen she could haemorrhage in a cup and you'd want it on pink swirl vinyl. You're not the most objective fan and I love that for you .... but let's be real. i'm out here un-imagining. 

Sponge Bob Shut Up GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

On 3/8/2024 at 2:16 PM, MaDöner Kebab said:

What mislabel?

I absolutely would have preferred the one with the Rain still over the image with the sleepy eye taken two years prior to the single. But I am not complaining cause thankfully, that's the cover that is being used in my private Madonna collection! :smile:

I saw this again because it's the main page I use to open the forum but would you like to share a screenshot of all your private collection? Thanks!

11 hours ago, Anapausis said:

About Imagine at RIT:

I know the person who gave M personally this idea, but I won't tell you who.

By the way, he's a member from here.

If he reads me, he knows now who I am.

C U!

I don’t mind that you tell the forum that it was me. It was years ago that I gave her this idea.

40 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

If 'Papa Don't Preach' comes in two weeks do we think Ain't No Big Deal will be on there?

Also, is there an official Remix Edit for that song?

no official remix edit - i think there is an edit on the its that girl but never established as official 

8 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

If 'Papa Don't Preach' comes in two weeks do we think Ain't No Big Deal will be on there?

Also, is there an official Remix Edit for that song?

Yes. Ain't No Big Deal was the US B-Side of the single.

Hopefully, the 3:52 Fade of Papa Don't Preach is included. It appeared on the 40 CD Singles Collection and on the US 12" Promo.

7 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

no official remix edit - i think there is an edit on the its that girl but never established as official 

No. The album version 4:28 is the version that was included on that compilation.

On 5/26/2024 at 3:24 PM, Diieeego said:

Ok give the full tea 

He's a Portuguese fan. We used to talk here on forum thru DM's and then added one another on Face. He confessed me that he found by chance a valid e-mail from M's team and suggested M should cover Imagine. So she did. Such a shame, but when he told me that he was full of pride in having done that. I just stop here.

@TOpher, as usual, you love to underestimate me. Such a shame on u.

So, what do you guys think? Are we getting all three of them?

Papa Don't Preach - Jun 11, 1986
This Used To Be My Playground - Jun 16, 1992
Who's That Girl - Jun 23, 1987
True Blue (Album) - Jun 30, 1986

Ideally, we could be getting a release every week starting on June 16 with Papa Don't Preach coming on June 30 instead of June 11.

Alternatively, they could release Live To Tell for the True Blue anniversary.

3 hours ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

Ideally, we could be getting a release every week starting on June 16 with Papa Don't Preach coming on June 30 instead of June 11.

I'm betting on This Used to Be My Playground.

On 5/27/2024 at 10:59 AM, wtg1987 said:

i think there is an edit on the its that girl but never established as official 

It's official, from these https://www.discogs.com/release/719562-Madonna-Papa-Dont-Preach

and https://www.discogs.com/release/1561956-Madonna-CD-Single-Collection

6 hours ago, MaDöner Kebab said:

Those are dream singles! I would love these.

• Jackie changed the title to Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW