Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

Actually devilpray, I think that MDNA's opening week was Much higher than what was projectedFans everywhere on every Madonna forum SWORE that she wouldn't touch HC's first week numbers, since she didn't have a huge hiy single like 4M with MDNABut that second week drop..

Yeah, you're right. I meant the second week sales  :mama003:

Result of the Che Tempo Che Fa appearance:

Italy iTunesItaly (248)Songs:6. Ghosttown10. Devil Pray13. Living For Love22. Joan of Arc23. Hold Tight24. Iconic28. Illuminati29. Bitch I'm Madonna30. Unapologetic BitchAlbums:2. Rebel Heart17. Celebration56. Confessions on a Dance Floor73. Rebel Heart84. The Immaculate Collection85. Living For Love

I think Rebel Heart has a very good chance of debuting at #1 on Billboard 200. Strong pre-orders + different album versions with different cd artwork + tour ticket & album bundling for first few cities should give M a pretty good debut sales for the first week. As for the second week, the  5 performances on Ellen and more album bundles should cushion the second week drop well .

The 2 main competitions for Rebel Heart on the US album chart are:

• [*]Spring Break EP by Luke Bryan [containing 6 tracks from his last EP which debut with 74,000 copies sold and 5 new tracks] [*]Empire Soundtrack from the hottest new TV series

On January 9th, 2015, Billboard published an article saying pre-orders were at 50-60k. 
"with preorders for Rebel Heart at a robust (considering the situation) 50,000 to 60,000, according to industry estimates."

Plus more pre-orders from Feb. 9. = more than 60k in pre-orders.

The pre-orders alone is a strong indicator that it will sell much more than these recent diva albums in the USA:

• [*]Mariah Carey: Me... I am Mariah. 58,000 [*]Jennifer Lopez: A.K.A. 33,000 [*]Mary J. Blige: The London Sessions 55,000 [*]Cher: Closer to the Truth 63,000 [*]Celine Dion: Loved Me Back to Life 77,000

For RIAA certifications, the Super Deluxe will count as TWO copies sold towards being certified Gold or even Platinum as the Super Deluxe is over 100 minutes at 101:51 Minutes!! 

RIAA's criteria for gold/platinum certification:

http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinum.php?content_selector=criteria

Multi-Disc Set

Requirements:

*Each unit within set counts as one unit toward certification.
*Minimum running time 100 minutes.

Can you believe I just received the message from iTunes informing that the rest of the Rebel Heart tracks were already online to be downloaded thanks to the pre-order! LOL I thought I'd never be able to get the whole thing since there were people saying they had the album since last Friday. I guess the Chilean store sticked to the original release plan between the 8-10 March. I feel relieved, I have my own iTunes release with the original dates releases: 12/20/14, 02/09/15 and today 03/08/15 :cute:

I got my iTunes version...not that I play it, but.....they fucked up with the pre-order & cost & I've recieved 4 seperate emails from them with 4 different refund amounts, 3songs refunded, 4songs refunded.....etcLMAO!!!!

I heard that too.  Did you end up paying the correct price in the end, or was it more or less?

OK, so I got my RH copy today (Aussie release), and I'm surprised.... it says 2014 on the back of the CD as well as on the CD itself!! What??? Another printing mistake by the Aussies (loool) or.....?? Shouldn't it say 2015??? I need to know!! :confused: :confused:

No, I think it means copyrighted as of 2014 since some of the songs were released in December, so they want to make sure everything is covered.  :)

OK, so I got my RH copy today (Aussie release), and I'm surprised.... it says 2014 on the back of the CD as well as on the CD itself!! What??? Another printing mistake by the Aussies (loool) or.....?? Shouldn't it say 2015??? I need to know!! :confused: :confused:

I remember that the credits on the Like a Prayer album also mentioned 1988 as the year of copyright/production.

I just watched Che Tempo Che Fa and I think she's got a great voice when she sings live this era! Very happy about it. There's been a few times when her voice hasn't been great (check out The Power of Goodbye live)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-WmXk8ORgU

I always thought she wasn't able to hear the sound of the monitors properly on that performance and that caused the weird vocals