Rebel Heart - Album Thread [Happy 1st Birthday!]

groovyguy

We hear this complaint over and over, but I think honestly some fans grew out of Madonna than the other way around.  Just because some people only like serious and mature songs doesn't mean that Madonna wants to never make fun songs again.  ROL and that whole era where she was married was the unusual period where she said she felt artistically repressed, even though some seem to think that's the "real Madonna".  People change over time.

I know she changes and I'm not asking her not to !

Hung Up was a fun song but it didn't sound like Desperately Seeking teenagers :wink:

I like ROl, but I like Music, anc COADF and AL, too ! Go with the fun song, but do them in a good way... All the Pharrell-Timbaland-JT bandwagon was just a try to please a younger audience and what radios play.

I can't say she never tried to please radios, but she always did it in a good way, trying to be two steps ahead all the muysic played on radios.

Now, it looks like she's following, not leading. It looks like she's not so secure about herself. I don't expect Madonna to do what her teenagers kids want her to do or sound or release. I imagine Madonna tell her kids what to listen to, what is cool and good to listen to.

I don't like when she says there is one ballad more in RH... she looks like she's too focused to be a dance artist, when she is not anymore. What's wrong iin contemporary adult Madonna ? What's wrong in good ballads ? What's wrong in good melodies ? RH and WAOM demos are way better than the version released, they are dance in a good way, but she changes them all over to demonstrate she is still Madonna.

I don't know... she was the boss, once, she's now bossy, and sometimes a bit sad. She needs less yes-man around her and more people to let her think and analyze what's she is doing and how wrong she is doing it.

She is Madonna. She is the Queen of pop. She's not just another singer who tries to conquer charts. She doesn't need Nicki Minaj to be still relevant. she doesn't have to plan things in the light of "I still want to be relevant"

At Target, they are out of both versions! And they put Sam Smith up to replaceThe electronics department team lead told me that he's never seen such a big name artists album under shipped.Something is going on guysIt's a deliberate sabotage from InterscopeHow the fuck can you be sold out in 2 days?

What can we do ? Maybe find an Interscope contact to let them now we're angry ?

Hi Guys, I'm new here, so be gentle! But, I wanted to ask what your views are on the seemingly underwhelming sales of the album so far? In the UK, it is now looking likely that Sam Smith will reclaim the Number 1 album slot after a Mother's Day boost. Has Rebel Heart received any TV advertising anywhere? This is sad for me, because this new album is among her best and deserves proper recognition from music lovers everywhere. It could be the first time her record didn't get to #1 since Bedtime Stories. Latest projectory in the US is suggesting that she might just nip in and take the number 1 slot there with around 20K sales more than Empire. Is it all around the world that record sales are low nowadays? Is it unlikely we'll ever see Confessions sized album sales again? CoaDF had 215K sales in the UK in its first week! Incredible really isn't it?

"Wash All Over Me" sounds strangely poignant these days. I can't help but think the writing's on the wall. No hit single and no #1 album is a terrifying result for a star of her status.

I don't think she'll be living on the streets worrying where her next meal will come from! Madonna attracts a lot of negativity for some reason, but I think we live in an age where older artists simply become touring artists. Fans like to engage in the live music of artists of Madonna's calibre because, no matter how often new music comes, they're fans largely because of what came before. Todays artists, with the exception of a handful, are fly by nights. Artists with Madonna's staying power will become less and less as year's go by and people become more fickle.

"Wash All Over Me" sounds strangely poignant these days. I can't help but think the writing's on the wall. No hit single and no #1 album is a terrifying result for a star of her status.

The week isn't over yet. And I don't want the album to sell big the first week then drop of the charts like a stone in the sea. I'd rather see the album be number two and keep selling week after week. Hopefully Ghosttown can do something to help.

Someone told me this on instagram : "It happened with my order... Super deluxe and vinyl out of stock. The customer service told me thisalbum selling with unexpected numbers..."

I think that Madonna's distribution team have well and truly screwed up. Stores in UK are selling Standard version only. Yet, all promo of the album is showing the deluxe cover. So, if anyone who is wanting the album is looking for the deluxe cover but can't find it, they might think the standard is a different album, after all it looks like the early 1990's Madonna on the cover ,so may avoid buying it. I don't for a minute think no one wants the album. Part of the problem is that they can't actually buy the one they want. Plus, in the UK the demise of record stores plays a significant factor in the sales of artists like Madonna who are not local, who rarely release music and have limited outlets now to sell their records. After all, not everyone wants to download or order from Amazon.  

The week isn't over yet. And I don't want the album to sell big the first week then drop of the charts like a stone in the sea. I'd rather see the album be number two and keep selling week after week. Hopefully Ghosttown can do something to help.

I wouldn't.  First week ranking is all people really look at.  I couldn't care less if it's 100 the second week.  Not hitting #1 is far worse publicity than a steep second week drop.

I think that Madonna's distribution team have well and truly screwed up. Stores in UK are selling Standard version only. Yet, all promo of the album is showing the deluxe cover. So, if anyone who is wanting the album is looking for the deluxe cover but can't find it, they might think the standard is a different album, after all it looks like the early 1990's Madonna on the cover ,so may avoid buying it. I don't for a minute think no one wants the album. Part of the problem is that they can't actually buy the one they want. Plus, in the UK the demise of record stores plays a significant factor in the sales of artists like Madonna who are not local, who rarely release music and have limited outlets now to sell their records. After all, not everyone wants to download or order from Amazon.  

The same in France. I had to go in 4 different stores to finally find the deluxe. So people who want to discover the album after the Interview and perfs at le Grand Journal will search for the Deluxe cover and don't find it. It's the same things in some big cities here...

I mean on Fnac online.  Do you have free shipping or pickup available in France?

I was talking about the message from instagram that wasn't from France. I think we have free shipping here. But the problem is for no-fans who might be curious about the album after some TV promo. All the promo is based on the Deluxe cover and some stores don't have it. So people won't find the album as wizzywick said about UK.

The same in France. I had to go in 4 different stores to finally find the deluxe. So people who want to discover the album after the Interview and perfs at le Grand Journal will search for the Deluxe cover and don't find it. It's the same things in some big cities here...

It's crazy isn't it? They should have had one version and one version only in the shops and the deluxe should always have been the standard. Having three versions with three different covers was a silly thing to agree to. Quite often when Madonna releases a new album, stores display other Madonna albums alongside it. This might explain why my sister was telling me that Sainsbury's had sold out. They had plenty of her old albums, she said, but none of the new ones. I checked Sainsbury's the next day and they were selling the standard and Celebration. There clearly is interest in Madonna because after The Brits, the album Celebration sprung from nowhere to number 38 in the album charts.

It's crazy isn't it? They should have had one version and one version only in the shops and the deluxe should always have been the standard. Having three versions with three different covers was a silly thing to agree to. Quite often when Madonna releases a new album, stores display other Madonna albums alongside it. This might explain why my sister was telling me that Sainsbury's had sold out. They had plenty of her old albums but none of the new ones. I checked Sainsbury's the next day and they were selling the standard and Celebration. There clearly is interest in Madonna because after The Brits, the album Celebration sprung from nowhere to number 38 in the album charts.

I don't think anyone agreed to it, I think it was forced upon her for Interscope to make more money.  Didn't Guy promise in the Twitter chat in December that the regular edition would have 19 tracks?  But I agree that not being able to find the deluxe cover is confusing.  It was confusing enough for fans to figure out what was going on with all of the different versions, since there is no accurate, official information.

I think the album was severely undershipped for whatever reason.  Even if people insist that no one buys physical albums any more, I refuse to believe there are only 4 people in any major metropolitan area who will buy a new Madonna album.  The fact that I had to go to 4 stores to find the last copy tells me there's SOME interest, greater than what they estimated.

I don't think anyone agreed to it, I think it was forced upon her for Interscope to make more money.  Didn't Guy promise in the Twitter chat in December that the regular edition would have 19 tracks?  But I agree that not being able to find the deluxe cover is confusing.  It was confusing enough for fans to figure out what was going on with all of the different versions, since there is no accurate, official information.

I think the album was severely undershipped for whatever reason.  Even if people insist that no one buys physical albums any more, I refuse to believe there are only 4 people in any major metropolitan area who will buy a new Madonna album.  The fact that I had to go to 4 stores to find the last copy tells me there's SOME interest, greater than what they estimated.

BIB: physical copies will always be needed and wanted. You can't exactly wrap up a download as a gift can you? I hate people telling me that physical copies are not bought anymore. Give me a decent bloody outlet inwhich to buy albums and I'll buy them! (Not a dig at you stfan97, it is just me ranting!).

I went to 4 stores too. 3 weren't able to tell me if they have had the Deluxe. I'm not sure they did. So it may be interest for the album or epic shipping fail...

Shipping fail because each told me they only received 4 copies to sell.  Since they didn't have any, that means at least 4 other fans/general public beat me there on release day, doesn't it?!

Shipping fail because each told me they only received 4 copies to sell.  Since they didn't have any, that means at least 4 other fans/general public beat me there on release day, doesn't it?!

Absolutely right.Concerning France I'm not sure all the random stores received it, I found mine in a music/film/book specialized store... :(