Lessons to be learned from the leaks

HolyWater

Obviously the first lesson for the Queen is obvious....protect yourself better and hire better staff to prevent the leaks from happening.

The second lesson is in FAN THIRST! We want all this bad and so that says something!  Madonna could start actually charging for demos on her website...the thirst is there for that.  Also what about a 2-3 disc album full of her best unleaked demos spanning her entire career???  There is still tons of them out there that have never leaked....capitalize on it already!  It would be a win for her and for fans!

Stephen Bray says Express Yourself demo is better than the final.I sooooooo want to hear it! Lol!Also, maybe she doesn't want old stuff released because when she's old & retired, she might want to release them for nostalgia.Imagine an Madonna demo album with Warning Signs, Desperately Seeking Susan, Each Time You Break My Heart, Sidewalk Talk, Just A Dream, Alone Again, Love Attack, First Is A Kiss, Possessive Love.......

Madonna is just not that type of artist. She's very rarely nostalgic, and is more focused on quality than quantity. 

With every project, there are always people in the know. Whether or not the whole "hacker part 2" story is true, who knows. The suspect had already been questioned and had everything confiscated; yet album masters leaked on January 7th. Surprised the whole release didn't surface sooner.

The problem with this release was that far too many people were involved. Sharing all of the recorded music with various producers, engineers, it's inevitable, 

Madonna is just not that type of artist. She's very rarely nostalgic, and is more focused on quality than quantity. 

With every project, there are always people in the know. Whether or not the whole "hacker part 2" story is true, who knows. The suspect had already been questioned and had everything confiscated; yet album masters leaked on January 7th. Surprised the whole release didn't surface sooner.

The problem with this release was that far too many people were involved. Sharing all of the recorded music with various producers, engineers, it's inevitable, 

First....I wasn't talking about HOW all this stuff leaked so much as the fact that it happened and that there is a security lesson to be learned from it.

Second...Madonna IS nostalgic and has been been since the Music era in MANY ways...Veni Vidi Vici lyrics???

I actually dont want her to be nostalgic pretty much at all, but im concerned about how nostalgic shes become in the last two albums. I cant relate to Like A Virgin references and I dont care about them. lolI think the lessons are, be more careful, dont bitch about it too much cos it only makes it worse, dont do online public witch hunts, dont change the music just because it leaked and end up with rushed sounding remixes that are inferior to the demos.

I doubt she cares enough about her legacy now to release unreleased material. I mean she did not care about GHV2 and did not care enough about Celebration ( so many butchered tracks ! A real shame)

GHV2 is on Warner Brothers shoulder's not Madonna's.   She didn't want it to be released yet and WB did and following their fight with Madonna over Impressive Instant vs. Amazing they didn't give a shit.

Maybe we, as fans, could start a petition to get her to release the extras from her vaults, alongside some of the more radically different demo versions. I would absolutely love to hear something like what ITG suggested. Whether she would listen or not, who knows. But then, if she wasn't interested, Warner Bros might be. We would have to get a good group of signatures though.

I could see her being nostalgic when the inevitable autobiography is written... It would be only too fitting to provide a soundtrack to accompany it. I don't find her nostalgia of the last 2 albums to be any more than a reference of her past, rather than a fondness or desire to revisit it. She's still moving forward, so if she wants to glance over her shoulder here and there, that's great for us fans that DO remember when Like A Virgin was a new album. It's all about context, and she's never mined her back catalog/legacy in an unintelligent or unclever way, IMO