Madonna and Giovanni Bianco

Luiz Ribeiro

She films everything anymore. If you recall the last several years when she's gone to Malawi, there were a lot of video footage she would share. I doubt anything will come of it,  but I suspect she wanted to document the building of the hospital for personal reasons.

Madonna has oftentimes befriended collaborators over the years, particularly those "in charge" of or contributing to the visuals of her work; i.e.: photo shoots, album designs/concepts, ad campaigns, etc.

Working closely with people, running in the same social circles, or just having a profession in the creative arts, can lend itself to a more intimate working relationship, especially if you're the subject being retouched and put out into the marketplace.

It wouldn't surprise me at all that he's crossed the line as her "art director" to "friend", and why wouldn't he be inspired by the work of his friend to make change in the world with an initiative she holds so close to her heart? Maybe he made a donation to raising Malawi?

Or maybe he helped curate the murals that were painted in the hospital?

I know it's easy to try to piece together information to create a project that may be going on in the background, and when (music) news is scarce, we all want to know what's holding up the next album or tour, but I think the Pediatric ICU and surgery unit at the hospital in Malawi is the project.

...or maybe she's making a sequel to I Am Because We Are?

• 2 weeks later...