Can I just say how much I love the self-referencing in RH?

thatLHC

So with RH its clearly that M finds it fun to rip off her own work, the Vogue sample in HW, the hits' name drops in Veni Vidi Vici.But yet the most unexpected moments when I first listened to them were the nods to Justify My Love in Best Night ("waiting"..."needing" lines in the bridge) and the very faint "quicker than a ray of light" adlib as she raps "I saw a ray of light" at the end of the 2nd verse of VVV.Cant stop raping the replay button with this album argh!

but she started referencing herself already on the MDNA album (remember the spoken parts on "Some Girls"?... I think it's like a sign or a way of saying 'I am the biggest pop icon. a part of history, a work of art. once you get to be a pop icon like me, just then you'll be able to do this'.

Madonna started to run out of ideas back in the Confessions days. How High with the nods to songs like I Deserve It and Nobody's Perfect and Push with nods to Borderline. Same happened in Hard Candy during Heartbeat. There was even a nod to Back in Business in MDNA! :lol: Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's wrong or lame because she had already done something similar during the 80's with the you've got to! sentence in several of her songs and don't forget Deeper and Deeper with the Vogue line. Now it seems more obvious though.

Very tacky, I prefer the Vogue sample on Holy Water

I actually really don't like that she did. Holy Water is a good song but it's not going to stand the test of time in her discography. Now that she's used one of the biggest songs in pop culture and taken it down to this level, it just seems so wrong. The song, video and tour performances have kk been memorable but now it's that song where Madonna says 'bitch get off my pole'.

Madonna started to run out of ideas back in the Confessions days. How High with the nods to songs like I Deserve It and Nobody's Perfect and Push with nods to Borderline. Same happened in Hard Candy during Heartbeat. There was even a nod to Back in Business in MDNA! :lol: Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's wrong or lame because she had already done something similar during the 80's with the you've got to! sentence in several of her songs and don't forget Deeper and Deeper with the Vogue line. Now it seems more obvious though.

:confused: