Coachella 2015: Madonna performs with Drake and makes out

Yung Rapunxel

"There's no bad publicity, except for no publicity" in the entertainment industry.

lol, I posted that today in the "stupid things fans say"

No shade, but there definitely IS bad publicity. Only a few true champions like Madonna can be reborn from ashes. But damn if she's not a masochist! 

Her Youtube numbers aren't terrible. Ovbiously younger artists have more fans who also collectively watch it again and again to break records etc, most Madonna fans don't do that. She is doing fine. 

And also, Coachella is a thing for young people, a lot of cool people are there, just because it doesn't hit the media doesn't mean no one knows it's happening.  :seeno:

Good on M for going strong for some 30+ years, definitely! :heart: For an artist to stay on top like she has, it's quite amazing. But I do think that she should have thought twice about some things lately.... sure it's great with publicity but not when you overdo it. I do think the Coachella performance was great but she should perhaps have left out the kiss.... but in a way it was Drake who ruined it also by doing what he did. :kiss:

Rapunxel those video views for GT are actually quite good when you consider that Madonna is an over 50 artist with over 30 years in the gameMiley, Katy, Rihanna etc. May generate more YT views, but their fan base is younger and is the core to be on YT all the timeThey are not Madonna's peersMadonna's peers are other legendary female acts like Cher, Streisand Annie Lennox etc.Madonna easily gets more YT views then those actsAnd worldwide RH is already the 3rd top selling album by a female artist this year behind Taylor and Meghan Trainor and above Kelly Clarkson ans Nicki MinajSo despite the leaks it's not doing that badThe simple fact is no one buys albums anymore

I STILL don't get how this is Madonna's fault or it looks bad for HERDrake was being disrespectful to her by making that AFTER they probably rehearsed the kiss a few timesI mean if Drake kissed a MALE entertainer onstage, knowing that the kiss was coming and after rehearsing it, and he made that disgusted face, would people be going after the male entertainer that Drake kissed ir Drake?Once again it's the anything to bash Madonna mob mentality of the media and unfortunately some of her fans are starting to fall for it as wellShe did nothing wrong but kiss Drake as part of a performanceNext

I don't think this "publicity" is doing her any good; videos of the kiss now have millions of views, and ghosttown can't even get 3M in almost a week :1f614:

She should've performed Bitch I'm Madonna at least, I feel like she's just getting all this shit and giving all those gossip websites free traffic, even playboy is going to publish some of her "lost" old nude photos :stare:

A couple of thoughts - read all the comments so far.

Not sure that i buy the "well everyone is talking about it" argument. I understand the principal but this whole coverage in my view damages M's overall 'brand', especially with younger audiences. The "it's because she's an ageing woman" line - is something she is quite susceptible to at the moment. I think she could have planned a 'sexier' kiss to really show that an 'older' woman can be sexy with young men. That would have been a better 'in-your-face' to her critiques. Yes she is the queen of headlines etc - but I would have hoped she better plans to use that position rather than open herself to the sickening responses from people online. Drake is just saving face and on damage control.

Overall, this era is all kinds of messy. Such as great album, videos and performances that are being undermined by poor judgements - the cape tie, the lack of security of the album, Coachella etc... and IMHO the stand-up on Jimmy Fallon. The stand-up left me cold. Better thought and preparation and I think she would have been amazing... but the 'yes' men in her band led her up the garden path, as she pretty much said herself. The point is that this followed straight by Coachella raises questions of judgement.

Of course, M is totally free to do as she pleases, and I still love her attitude. I just want to to be a bit more mindful and 'perfectionist' as she proclaims - especially when she is up against it with the GP and has such a great album to show off.

A couple of thoughts - read all the comments so far.

Not sure that i buy the "well everyone is talking about it" argument. I understand the principal but this whole coverage in my view damages M's overall 'brand', especially with younger audiences. The "it's because she's an ageing woman" line - is something she is quite susceptible to at the moment. I think she could have planned a 'sexier' kiss to really show that an 'older' woman can be sexy with young men. That would have been a better 'in-your-face' to her critiques. Yes she is the queen of headlines etc - but I would have hoped she better plans to use that position rather than open herself to the sickening responses from people online. Drake is just saving face and on damage control.

Overall, this era is all kinds of messy. Such as great album, videos and performances that are being undermined by poor judgements - the cape tie, the lack of security of the album, Coachella etc... and IMHO the stand-up on Jimmy Fallon. The stand-up left me cold. Better thought and preparation and I think she would have been amazing... but the 'yes' men in her band led her up the garden path, as she pretty much said herself. The point is that this followed straight by Coachella raises questions of judgement.

Of course, M is totally free to do as she pleases, and I still love her attitude. I just want to to be a bit more mindful and 'perfectionist' as she proclaims - especially when she is up against it with the GP and has such a great album to show off.

Very well said... I totaly feel the same way.