Will Madonna ever do a anniversary tour?

BlackPanther86

On 6/10/2020 at 7:39 PM, Nobody Knows Me said:

I was watching a clip of her from last year where she had to look through some box full of old memories in an interview and she was so quick to move on from it. 

Could you link this interview? I'd like to see it.

On 6/11/2020 at 1:05 AM, Blue Jean said:

She will want to make some money back that she lost on the Madame X Tour 

I wish we knew the budget for each one of her tours so we can have an idea how much of a profit they (and Madonna) have made.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
27 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

She probably will eventually... but sadly it will be when no-one remembers who she is

If she’s recovered of course, I think 2022 is the best time for her to do it. 40 shows to celebrate 40 years in the music industry. Of course this probably won’t happen but it would be such a great way to get the general public to celebrate her again, and just to remind everyone of who she is and all the great songs she’s had over four decades.

53 minutes ago, vncsmoraes said:

Could you link this interview? I'd like to see it.

Around 4 minutes in 

On 6/11/2020 at 1:57 AM, Gilbert said:

if Guy Oseary had his way, she would be touring her albums. i believe he mentioned he tried to talk Madonna into touring the Ray of Light album. she seems to be resistant to doing nostalgia. but i believe there will come a time she will be doing at least a Greatest Hits tour in the near future. i would be curious how she would treat the songs if she waits too long as her voice might not be as strong for some songs. imagine her trying to belt out Ray of Light at 80 years old. lol!

Well the greatest hits tour will be those tracks totally reworked so all you will recognize is the lyrics and some other she will take a guitar and do a rock or accoustic version 

Human nature

Papa don't preach (Half the track of course)

Like a prayer

Ray of light

Vogue

American life

Candy shop

And a few other done by crowd request...

2 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Imagine if she got Patrick Leonard or Stuart Price as musical director for a greatest hits tour :Madonna041:

If Patrick Leonard was the MD for any future endeavour... wow, just wow. 

she needs to do something like this, because she needs to regain the public pride in her legacy x

4 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

Well the greatest hits tour will be those tracks totally reworked so all you will recognize is the lyrics and some other she will take a guitar and do a rock or accoustic version 

Human nature

Like a prayer

Ray of light

Vogue

American life

Candy shop

Wait you’re forgetting Express Yourself acapella...:ahh:

On 6/15/2020 at 11:04 AM, TonyMontana said:

Human nature

Like a prayer

Ray of light

Vogue

American life

Candy shop

i love when she re works the songs. i do agree she tends to pull out the same old tracks. though i do think people expect at least songs like Vogue and Like a Prayer.  those two are universally her best known songs. there are others of course.

1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

i love when she re works the songs. i do agree she tends to pull out the same old tracks. though i do think people expect at least songs like Vogue and Like a Prayer.  those two are universally her best known songs. there are others of course.

I love that too, I think if she didn't do that then I'd be terribly bored about the whole thing

8 minutes ago, Ian said:

I love that too, I think if she didn't do that then I'd be terribly bored about the whole thing

i get the impression that is why she does it. after all, if i wanted to hear the original version i would play the recorded song. i know some of her reinventions werent always great (like Hung Up rock version...awful!), but for the most part ive always enjoyed them.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

i get the impression that is why she does it. after all, if i wanted to hear the original version i would play the recorded song. i know some of her reinventions werent always great (like Hung Up rock version...awful!), but for the most part ive always enjoyed them.

When they’re great, it’s enjoyable. But I really don’t think Kevin Antunes is good at the song arrangements. If there’s another tour I’d love to see either Stuart or Pat Leonard doing the arrangements.

3 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

When they’re great, it’s enjoyable. But I really don’t think Kevin Antunes is good at the song arrangements. If there’s another tour I’d love to see either Stuart or Pat Leonard doing the arrangements.

an entitled opinion, but Madonna has been re-inventing her old songs for decades now.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

an entitled opinion, but Madonna has been re-inventing her old songs for decades now.

I know? My point is that the song arrangements and reinventions were at their best when Stuart Price and Patrick Leonard were the musical director for me personally, so I’d love to see either of them make a comeback. 

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I know? My point is that the song arrangements and reinventions were at their best when Stuart Price and Patrick Leonard were the musical director for me personally, so I’d love to see either of them make a comeback. 

so none of the re-inventions in the 80s and 90s werent?  BAT and Girlie Show LAV were genius. Both those tours were at the top of her game and neither were involved as "musical director".  i am sure many can argue later tours without the two were equally great without them. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 hours ago, Gilbert said:

so none of the re-inventions in the 80s and 90s werent?  

I literally never implied that, I just said for me they were particularly great when Patrick and Stuart did the arrangements. That doesn’t mean I don’t love other tour arrangements :salty:

10 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I literally never implied that, I just said for me they were particularly great when Patrick and Stuart did the arrangements. That doesn’t mean I don’t love other tour arrangements :salty:

actually you did...

the song arrangements and reinventions were at their best when Stuart Price and Patrick Leonard were the musical director

but i understand what you mean is you like their work the best. :)

Guest Nobody Knows Me
27 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

actually you did...

How? I said they were at their best just meaning they were my favourites. Not once did I say 

17 hours ago, Gilbert said:

none of the re-inventions in the 80s and 90s werent

34 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

How? I said they were at their best just meaning they were my favourites. Not once did I say 

glad you think otherwise.  Pat and Stuart only played a small role in her whole touring career and there were some outstanding re-inventions that didnt include them.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
42 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

glad you think otherwise.  Pat and Stuart only played a small role in her whole touring career and there were some outstanding re-inventions that didnt include them.

I know, I never said otherwise. I just said they are my favourite, and that I’m not fond of Kevin Antunes :Madonna034: