Single Reissues Campaign - This Used to Be My Playground - OUT NOW

New_Boy

11 hours ago, BoyToyMark said:

https://todayinmadonnahistory.com/2022/08/29/today-in-madonna-history-august-29-1987-2/

This page has a remix edit set to the official video which I really like because it follows the same song structure and although never been a huge favourite of mine, it makes the song sound more interesting. 

Wow, that remix edit sounds totally official, with the original structure of the song. Does anyone know if this version is an official  unreleased remix edit or fanmade?

Just now, Aiwa08 said:

That's fake. The track on "It's that girl" is the album version.

I think the poor uploaded got scammed or is confused because he has good intentions and even said he could share with people the WAV edits via email but yet they are fake poor him / her 

So on a scale of zero to minus ten, how likely is it that Madonna will approve the UK 7” and 12” remixes and dub versions of Everybody to be re-released as part of the Warner back catalogue deal?

Was just listening to the dub versions by Rusty Egan on YouTube. Not heard them before.

One of the comments says sounds like they were trying to make it fit in with the popular New Wave sound in the UK at the time. 

It’s got me wondering what remixes specifically aimed at the contemporary UK music scene of Burning Up and Physical Attraction might have sounded like? 

There’s so many tracks I’d like to see on a Madonna/first album expanded edition. The extended remix of Everybody from the 1987 12” promo is something I really want. I sent local currency in the post to a Madonna fan in Asia in the late 90s to make me CD-Rs of my requests for remixes that he had, had to do it blind not knowing which ones were good, and I always loved listening to this complete version of the mix from You Can Dance. 

Would they save these full versions of Into the Groove, Over and Over, Where’s the Party, etc, from the 12” promos for a special edition of You Can Dance? (I’ve long suspected that if expanded albums were ever issued for Madonna that they wouldn’t do one for You Can Dance). 

Edited by MadonnaDave (see edit history)

1 minute ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I think the poor uploaded got scammed or is confused because he has good intentions and even said he could share with people the WAV edits via email but yet they are fake poor him / her 

Oh, I've never doubted his/her good intentions. I was simply informing that the real version on "It's That Girl" is the album version.

5 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Oh, I've never doubted his/her good intentions. I was simply informing that the real version on "It's That Girl" is the album version.

I meant the video uploader I don't know if you thought I was talking about that? Sorry for the confusion:)

8 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

There’s so many tracks I’d like to see on a Madonna/first album expanded edition. The extended remix of Everybody from the 1987 12” promo is something I really want. I sent local currency in the post to a Madonna fan in Asia in the late 90s to make me CD-Rs of my requests for remixes that he had, had to do it blind not knowing which ones were good, and I always loved listening to this complete version of the mix from You Can Dance. 

In my humble opinion, the 'You Can Dance' remixes/instrumentals/edits should be on its expanded edition, and not on the first album/Like A Virgin/True Blue, to respect Madonna's music chronology.

1 minute ago, Aiwa08 said:

In my humble opinion, the 'You Can Dance' remixes/instrumentals/edits should be on its expanded edition, and not on the first album/Like A Virgin/True Blue, to respect Madonna's music chronology.

Why You Can Dance unmixed isn't available still is pissing me off so bad, I will have to. I will have to change all my playlists and stuff as soon as the unmixed version appear because Rhino can't think!

7 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Why You Can Dance unmixed isn't available still is pissing me off so bad, I will have to. I will have to change all my playlists and stuff as soon as the unmixed version appear because Rhino can't think!

Don't tell anyone, but I hope the expanded versions include official remixes, instrumentals, and dubs that weren't released. I know people only want demos and unreleased songs, but I only want two or three unreleased songs/demos (except for the Rebel Heart album, I want the Avicii version).

17 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

There’s so much they could put on an expanded You Can Dance. The original mixed tracks album, the remix edits that they’ve given on streaming now, all of the full length versions from the 12” promos and finally all of the dub versions from the 12” promos. I remember being confused that I had a different track listing of dub versions on my cassette of You Can Dance than the CD that I bought later on. 

I’ve always suspected for a long time, that if Madonna did ever approve expanded editions of her albums, that You Can Dance, Who’s That Girl (OST), Something to Remember, wouldn’t get new deluxe versions. I’ve got my doubts about I’m Breathless as well, even though there are widely available remixes of Vogue and Hanky Panky that they could easily  throw on a second CD for a minimum effort expanded release. 

10 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

There’s so much they could put on an expanded You Can Dance. The original mixed tracks album, the remix edits that they’ve given on streaming now, all of the full length versions from the 12” promos and finally all of the dub versions from the 12” promos. I remember being confused that I had a different track listing of dub versions on my cassette of You Can Dance than the CD that I bought later on. 

I’ve always suspected for a long time, that if Madonna did ever approve expanded editions of her albums, that You Can Dance, Who’s That Girl (OST), Something to Remember, wouldn’t get new deluxe versions. I’ve got my doubts about I’m Breathless as well, even though there are widely available remixes of Vogue and Hanky Panky that they could easily  throw on a second CD for a minimum effort expanded release. 

But we can't compare You Can Dance or The Immaculate Collection with Something To Remember or GHV2. The first two use remixed tracks, so there could be a lot of unedited material (instrumentals, dubs, edits). The others are simple compilations.

"I'm Breathless" is another story; there's enough alternate material to have a second CD (edits, remixes, demos...)

16 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

But we can't compare You Can Dance or The Immaculate Collection with Something To Remember or GHV2. The first two use remixed tracks, so there could be a lot of unedited material (instrumentals, dubs, edits). The others are simple compilations.

True, but with so many complete studio albums in her back catalogue, I can see them getting overlooked anyway :(

Something to Remember has three new songs, with associated remixes from the single and DJ promo for LDLHA, Instrumental and Spanish/Spanglish versions of You’ll See. So there’s potential to easily fill at least one CD with extras for an expanded edition, without digging into the archives for any previously unreleased material 

Aside from speculating about the Rusty Egan mixes and dubs of Everybody that we know Madonna didn’t like, it would be cool if we finally get a reissue of the original LP version of Burning Up as part of the Warner deal. 

I’ve always liked it, but outside of a super deluxe edition of Madonna, there’s never been any reason for it to be made available again. It’s like it was replaced on so early on that it’s been deliberately forgotten about. I’ve seen comments that it sounds like a demo and was improved upon, but I don’t think it’s bad. 

Does anyone know if this 7” edit of the original mix is official or fan made?

1 minute ago, MadonnaDave said:

True, but with so many complete studio albums in her back catalogue, I can see them getting overlooked anyway. 

Something to Remember has three new songs, with associated remixes from the single and DJ promo for LDLHA, Instrumental and Spanish/Spanglish versions of You’ll See. So there’s potential to easily fill at least one CD with extras for an expanded edition, without digging into the archives for any previously unreleased material 

It's clear that she can release expanded versions of her albums, adding two or three discs (and I would love to see DVDs included with her corresponding music videos)

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

That's fake. The real track on "It's that girl" is the album version. 

Anyway, thank you very much for your information.

Yeah you can tell that one is fake because its a whole 50 seconds before she starts singing anything which would be a terrible promotional tool for radio which the remix edits were often used for haha.

41 minutes ago, MadonnaDave said:

Aside from speculating about the Rusty Egan mixes and dubs of Everybody that we know Madonna didn’t like, it would be cool if we finally get a reissue of the original LP version of Burning Up as part of the Warner deal. 

I’ve always liked it, but outside of a super deluxe edition of Madonna, there’s never been any reason for it to be made available again. It’s like it was replaced on so early on that it’s been deliberately forgotten about. I’ve seen comments that it sounds like a demo and was improved upon, but I don’t think it’s bad. 

Yeah as you said for it to be replaced so early on, I believe there would be no interest in making it available outside a super deluxe edition. It does sound a bit demo-ish.

10 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

Yeah you can tell that one is fake because its a whole 50 seconds before she starts singing anything which would be a terrible promotional tool for radio which the remix edits were often used for haha.

Yeah as you said for it to be replaced so early on, I believe there would be no interest in making it available outside a super deluxe edition. It does sound a bit demo-ish.

Nice catch!

15 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

A little reminder: a Remix Edit is not always intended for radio. Look at the Rain CD here: https://www.discogs.com/release/14093755-Madonna-Rain

Rain (Radio Remix) and Rain (Remix Edit) are the same remix but with different lengths. The same applies to regular edits (Single Edit and Radio Edit). Yes, normally edits are for radio purposes, but not always.

7 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

A little reminder: a Remix Edit is not always intended for radio. Look at the Rain CD here: https://www.discogs.com/release/14093755-Madonna-Rain

Rain (Radio Remix) and Rain (Remix Edit) are the same remix but with different lengths. The same applies to regular edits (Single Edit and Radio Edit). Yes, normally edits are for radio purposes, but not always.

'remix edits were often used for'

I think we're saying the same thing. They're a promotional tool often for radio, otherwise they'd just use the album version or the full mix.

That specific remix for Rain was for radio in either form.

3 minutes ago, BoyToyMark said:

That specific remix for Rain was for radio in either form.

Well, my ex-boyfriend was a radio DJ and always played the radio remix, never the remix edit. When the single dropped out of the charts, he gave me the cd-single. :laughing:

2 hours ago, MadonnaDave said:

Does anyone know if this 7” edit of the original mix is official or fan made?

I agree! I would love it if someone made a music video using the original "Burning Up" video with the audio from the first version. It would be amazing! For me, it's the best version. When I saw the music video on her website in 2003, I was a little disappointed. I liked the video but didn't like the song because I had the original LP and BU was one of my favorite songs. I also didn't like the versions included on the Remasters series CD, which I bought soon after.

1 hour ago, 88marcus said:

I agree! I would love it if someone made a music video using the original "Burning Up" video with the audio from the first version. It would be amazing! For me, it's the best version. When I saw the music video on her website in 2003, I was a little disappointed. I liked the video but didn't like the song because I had the original LP and BU was one of my favorite songs. I also didn't like the versions included on the Remasters series CD, which I bought soon after.

This.

The original mix (4'48) is the superior version. It retains the sense of urgency that is described in the lyrics.  The replaced version seems rushed and in a hurry to be over. The production of the original puts her voice front and centre as well but builds to complement the hedonistic rush of the chorus. 

Ironically, i did not like the song when I was a wee lad but it is by far the better version. I cannot stand the replaced version and it is CRIMINAL that I am now 50 and don't have the original to own. 

Deal with it, bitches. 

PS MDNA is a crime against humanity. She should be made to give us what we want to make up for THAT.  We were there before Like a Virgin was a  *thing* and told everyone that we loved Erotica when others turned away (because it is stunning).  Hasn't she heard of customer loyalty..?