MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, McDonna said:

I honestly don't believe that. She's pretty up to speed on what's current.  Also, I don't think she would think that deeply about it.  I suspect if it was something that was catching on, and can make her money, she would be up for it.  I would think it would be more on the part of convincing her record company that it's a profitable idea. :)

17 hours ago, deathproof said:

oh plz, she's not a gen z child

I was half kidding but it reminded me of the MDNA Blu-ray disaster where her excuse was "old technology is not working well with new technology" or something like that. She just sounded naive lol

17 hours ago, McDonna said:

I honestly don't believe that. She's pretty up to speed on what's current.  Also, I don't think she would think that deeply about it.  I suspect if it was something that was catching on, and can make her money, she would be up for it.  I would think it would be more on the part of convincing her record company that it's a profitable idea. :)

17 hours ago, deathproof said:

oh plz, she's not a gen z child

I was half kidding but it reminded me of the MDNA Blu-ray disaster where her excuse was "old technology is not working well with new technology" or something like that. She just sounded naive lol

Madonna is so in tune with the world I don't always get the "diva" isms I know life shapes people and you can't help but be guarded and a bit defensive but ....bar a few interviews in recent years she is a bit cold and out of touch in some instances forgetting MILLIONS tune in to buy the product yet comes across a bit ....out of it sadly 

4 hours ago, ChromaticanMondasia said:

Madonna is so in tune with the world I don't always get the "diva" isms I know life shapes people and you can't help but be guarded and a bit defensive but ....bar a few interviews in recent years she is a bit cold and out of touch in some instances forgetting MILLIONS tune in to buy the product yet comes across a bit ....out of it sadly 

She doesn't care for what she doesn't need. 

On 3/29/2024 at 12:48 PM, McDonna said:

Correct. I want to say it was either pre- or post-confessions but sometime around 04/05/ or 06 that Stuart was allegedly handling 5.1 versions of her albums. At that point in time artists were releasing albums in that format including Britney's In the Zone, Ninch Inch Nails With Teeth and Goldfrapp's Supernature but that format never really caught on and we never heard anything again 

55 minutes ago, Nahash said:

What's the point in releasing audio BD's??? Are they EXTREMELY BETTER than current vinyls??? Or Blu-rays are now part of the nostalgia appeal???

You should listen to the 5.1 albums from 20 years ago...they were GOOD. I could only imagine how Ray of Light or Confessions would've sounded like

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

You should listen to the 5.1 albums from 20 years ago...they were GOOD. I could only imagine how Ray of Light or Confessions would've sounded like

@deathproof already answered my questions, as I stated in the post immediately following to the one you quoted.

Post is this:

3 hours ago, Nahash said:

Ah, you just answered me... Interesting.

But thanks for this suggestion, I'd love to buy audio BDs, but I don't know if I should trade all my CD collection to such format.

Anyways many thanks Madonna for thinking of me and all the people who have very limited ways to buy such new formats.

22 hours ago, Alpha said:

Correct. I want to say it was either pre- or post-confessions but sometime around 04/05/ or 06 that Stuart was allegedly handling 5.1 versions of her albums. At that point in time artists were releasing albums in that format including Britney's In the Zone, Ninch Inch Nails With Teeth and Goldfrapp's Supernature but that format never really caught on and we never heard anything again 

I may be mistaken, but I had thought Madonna released a Ray Of Light edition (or maybe it was another album after) which had new audio format at the time.   Some sort Super-Fi Stereo Audio or something like that?   

2 hours ago, McDonna said:

I may be mistaken, but I had thought Madonna released a Ray Of Light edition (or maybe it was another album after) which had new audio format at the time.   Some sort Super-Fi Stereo Audio or something like that?   

Idk...I'm not an audio buff so idk what that is. I know ROL & Music were released on Mini-disc! Haha

14 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Idk...I'm not an audio buff so idk what that is. I know ROL & Music were released on Mini-disc! Haha

Exactly.  Back then mini-discs were trying to break out.  Which only drives our point that she's usually pretty pro to new technology.  In many cases, it's really up to the record companies if they want to take a chance in distributing something with new technology or formats. They don't want to pour money into something that might not sell.  And unfortunately, it's different for each artist.  What works for someone like Taylor Swift or Beyonce may not necessarily fare the same with Madonna.  It's probably why we didn't get a physical format of MX Tour on all formats being it would have lost them money being her last several physical audio Tour releases did not sell much.

7 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Exactly.  Back then mini-discs were trying to break out.  Which only drives our point that she's usually pretty pro to new technology.  In many cases, it's really up to the record companies if they want to take a chance in distributing something with new technology or formats. They don't want to pour money into something that might not sell.  And unfortunately, it's different for each artist.  What works for someone like Taylor Swift or Beyonce may not necessarily fare the same with Madonna.  It's probably why we didn't get a physical format of MX Tour on all formats being it would have lost them money being her last several physical audio Tour releases did not sell much.

Well Swift and Bey all they really do are variations, they havent released anything concert-wise in years. Side note...when i was like 11 or 12 I had gone out of town with my family and went to a record store and found this weird cassette of The Immaculate Collection that was literally half cassette/half floppy disc and bought it for 3 bucks. Turns out it was a rare format called Digital Compact Disc or DCC for short. Shortly after i went from fan to megastan and would not stop annoying everyone in catholic school!

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Well Swift and Bey all they really do are variations, they havent released anything concert-wise in years.

Do you mean physically?  Taylor Swift have released several concerts on streaming as well has tied physical audio releases to them. But yeah, physical concert releases aren't big sellers, so many skip the physical release anymore. 

And that's cool you came across that rare IC and then it made you become a full fledged fan. Me?  I was a fan with Into The Groove, but when I saw her Live To Tell video that is when I went bonkers for her.  Been a huge fans since. :luv: 

2 hours ago, McDonna said:

Do you mean physically?  Taylor Swift have released several concerts on streaming as well has tied physical audio releases to them. But yeah, physical concert releases aren't big sellers, so many skip the physical release anymore. 

And that's cool you came across that rare IC and then it made you become a full fledged fan. Me?  I was a fan with Into The Groove, but when I saw her Live To Tell video that is when I went bonkers for her.  Been a huge fans since. :luv: 

Really? I feel her last physical release for a tour was like 10 or 12 years ago.  And i was always a fan of M but it was just the perfect storm of buying that and then Music being released a month or two after during the summer and being able to watch VH1 all the specials they had

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Really? I feel her last physical release for a tour was like 10 or 12 years ago. 

This is what I was asking if you meant streaming or physical?  You're right I don't believe she's released a physical format of her actual concerts for some time, but in 2020, she did release physical LP's of her Lover (Live From Paris) and  Folklore: The Long Pond Studio Sessions. These also were released on digital and streaming platforms as well.