MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, musicinferno said:

Not y'all arguing who uses physical and who doesn't :rip:

The point is, this deal was made to please her fans, to be released on physical and digital (as it has been). Who gives AF how you or anyone else listens to it - just buy it and enjoy it. 

I will gladly spin my vinyls and play my horrid sounding cassette tapes when these albums finally roll out. :Madonna057:

Totally missing the point. You already have those. This argument started when I replied to a comment complaining how these old maxis were being treated as new releases to please fans on streaming. You might be happy listening to cruddy ol cassettes but that's not how everyone else likes to listen to music. Adding her stuff to streaming SHOULD be seen as a good thing and an improvement on the quality.

2 minutes ago, McDonna said:

Good point!  Besides, I am not worked up about anything I said.  At the same time, this is a public forum and people shouldn't be told to "shut up" or "move on" for expressing an opinion that may differ than others, especially when it's in a civil manner.  Furthermore, NO ONE is "out of touch" just because they prefer one way of listening to her their music or the other.  In my case, I love to experience listening to my favorite music on multiple formats.  Streaming is definitely convenient, but I also love to listen to my favorite on my Vinyls just as well.  Experience music the way you prefer, but don't assume everyone is doing it your way only or think they are unrealistic because they express there are multiple ways of experiencing the sounds one enjoys!  :)

As per my last email...

Just now, Alpha said:

Totally missing the point. You already have those. This argument started when I replied to a comment complaining how these old maxis were being treated as new releases to please fans on streaming. You might be happy listening to cruddy ol cassettes but that's not how everyone else likes to listen to music. Adding her stuff to streaming SHOULD be seen as a good thing and an improvement on the quality.

I never said it wasn't dear. I was simply saying that we should respect how others collect their music but you seem to be defensive and argumentative about the subject. 

Anyway, I'm not baiting the bait any further. Moving on. 

:jumpy:

4 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I never thought you were doing this.  Please don't move on just because someone doesn't agree with you. I think some are forgetting this IS a public forum, and people are free to disagree and agree.  Certainly, no one should resort to insults and shutting people down just because they have nothing else to say or not interested in the conversation. If someone is  not interested in the current discussion, skip it and feel free to chime in when the discussion interests you.  Again, I don't think anyone is intentionally trying to be snarky here, but no one should try to shut you down or tell you to move on because you're not expressing the same thoughts they are on a topic.  :)

Just now, musicinferno said:

I never said it wasn't dear. I was simply saying that we should respect how others collect their music but you seem to be defensive and argumentative about the subject. 

Well isnt that ironic? The argument is now all of a sudden about "respect". So either you didnt grasp what I said or you're choosing to ignore what I said...but good for you. You should move on and not bait anyone at least not until after Easter.

1 minute ago, McDonna said:

I never thought you were doing this.  Please don't move on just because someone doesn't agree with you. I think some are forgetting this IS a public forum, and people are free to disagree and agree.  Certainly, no one should resort to insults and shutting people down just because they have nothing else to say or not interested in the conversation. If you are not interested in the current discussion, skip it and feel free to add your own conversation.  Again, I don't think anyoen is intentionally trying to be snarky here, but no one should try to shut you down or tell you to move on because you're not expressing the same thoughts they are on a topic.  :)

There is definitely snark but I'm not gonna act like its not coming from me 😅 btw I'm serious when I say i collect laserdiscs. I f*cking love those things.

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

I'm serious when I say i collect laserdiscs. I f*cking love those things.

I still have mine and the laser disc player I bought in 1991.  I bought it specifically for the Blond Ambition Tour laser disc being it was the only way to get a PHYSICAL copy of the whole show.  For a couple of years there I bought a lot of my favorite movies on this format and then that damn DVD format came along and became popular!  LOL!  In all seriousness though, I remember when the Girlie Show came out, I debated if I should buy it on Laser Disc or DVD.  I eventually bought it on DVD as I knew that format was going to over take Laser Disc. But yeah, I loved the Laser Disc and there were earlier versions of that far back as the early 80's and my grandmother had earlier version of video disc players in the early 80's.  They were called Video Discs back then, but they look just like the Laser Discs.

46 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I still have mine and the laser disc player I bought in 1991.  I bought it specifically for the Blond Ambition Tour laser disc being it was the only way to get a PHYSICAL copy of the whole show.  For a couple of years there I bought a lot of my favorite movies on this format and then that damn DVD format came along and became popular!  LOL!  In all seriousness though, I remember when the Girlie Show came out, I debated if I should buy it on Laser Disc or DVD.  I eventually bought it on DVD as I knew that format was going to over take Laser Disc. But yeah, I loved the Laser Disc and there were earlier versions of that far back as the early 80's and my grandmother had earlier version of video disc players in the early 80's.  They were called Video Discs back then, but they look just like the Laser Discs.

I only have a few japanese ones and got my nephew one of the OG Dragon Ball movies and holding it for him in case he ever needs money haha 

7 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I only have a few japanese ones and got my nephew one of the OG Dragon Ball movies and holding it for him in case he ever needs money haha 

I have to look at all I have, but I do recall getting GHOST (which I think I got free with Laser Disc player) and Dick Tracy as well.  I loved the laser disc and I was all about the big 12 inch artwork that came with it.  While we become more compact these days, I never will let go of my vinyls in the same way. 

2 hours ago, McDonna said:

I have to look at all I have, but I do recall getting GHOST (which I think I got free with Laser Disc player) and Dick Tracy as well.  I loved the laser disc and I was all about the big 12 inch artwork that came with it.  While we become more compact these days, I never will let go of my vinyls in the same way. 

I'm obsessed with obi strips 🙃

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I'm obsessed with obi strips 🙃

I only have one Vinyl Madonna album with that which is the You Can Dance album.  Though, I bought all her CD's a few years back that came in a single sleeve that had those obi strips. 

12 minutes ago, McDonna said:

I only have one Vinyl Madonna album with that which is the You Can Dance album.  Though, I bought all her CD's a few years back that came in a single sleeve that had those obi strips. 

I dont have too many japanese madonna items but my anime things do haha i also have the Japanese Mars Attacks Laserdisc...i love the alternate artwork and the obi is this pretty magenta/red color so it just looks very nice. Also have the seminal anime film Akira and ahhh definitely a pearl in my collection

3 hours ago, Diieeego said:

lets hope we dont have to wait another 3 years for some information or leak or whatever on these reissues.

i took as confirmation LAV is coming in november since Material Girl is tagged as 2024 remaster. if she's releasing it in november, we should be having some news by august? HOPEFULLY #SOON

Fingers crossed for Virgin Tour added 🤞🏻

10 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Would be cool but sadly I could see her hating this idea. She probably wouldn't understand that it's a video disc that plays audio with no visuals :Madonna039:

I honestly don't believe that. She's pretty up to speed on what's current.  Also, I don't think she would think that deeply about it.  I suspect if it was something that was catching on, and can make her money, she would be up for it.  I would think it would be more on the part of convincing her record company that it's a profitable idea. :)