MADONNA AND WARNER MUSIC GROUP ANNOUNCE MILESTONE, CAREER-SPANNING PARTNERSHIP!!

Shoful

• Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what I call "DELUXE/EXPANDED ALBUM":

blu-raycover_600.jpg

• Dolby Atmos [48/24]
  • 5.1 Surround [48/24]
  • 2024 Stereo Mix [96/24]
  • Original 1984 Stereo Mix [96/24]
  • Dolby Atmos Instrumental [48/24]
  • 5.1 Surround Instrumental [48/24]
  • 2024 Stereo Instrumental [96/24]

4CD_spread_crop_600.jpg

The 4CD+DVD deluxe edition comes in 7″ style casebound book packaging and features both The Age of Consent, Hundreds and Thousands and 41 bonus tracks including original 12-inch mixes, B-sides and 22 previously unreleased rarities.

Watch and learn, Emily!

3 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

This is what I call "DELUXE/EXPANDED ALBUM":

blu-raycover_600.jpg

• Dolby Atmos [48/24]
  • 5.1 Surround [48/24]
  • 2024 Stereo Mix [96/24]
  • Original 1984 Stereo Mix [96/24]
  • Dolby Atmos Instrumental [48/24]
  • 5.1 Surround Instrumental [48/24]
  • 2024 Stereo Instrumental [96/24]

4CD_spread_crop_600.jpg

The 4CD+DVD deluxe edition comes in 7″ style casebound book packaging and features both The Age of Consent, Hundreds and Thousands and 41 bonus tracks including original 12-inch mixes, B-sides and 22 previously unreleased rarities.

Watch and learn, Emily!

And this is what we'll NEVER get hahaha.

Watch "Like A Virgin 40" be something like this:

REMASTERED 2024 ALBUM:

9 tracks, no "Into The Groove", same remaster as the "Material Girl" digital single.

REMIXES + RARE TRACKS:

The extended mixes + a couple of rare tracks/demos/alternate versions, probably the demo of "Stay" (no "Warning Signs", bitches!)

LIVE ALBUM CD:

"The Virgin Tour", ripped from the VHS. No extra or unreleased songs.

LIVE ALBUM DVD:

"The Virgin Tour", ripped from the VHS. No extra or unreleased songs. Upscaled by Emily.

Keep this post so anything above this would be received as an effort!

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

REMASTERED 2024 ALBUM:

9 tracks, no "Into The Groove", same remaster as the "Material Girl" digital single.

REMIXES + RARE TRACKS:

The extended mixes + a couple of rare tracks/demos/alternate versions, probably the demo of "Stay" (no "Warning Signs", bitches!)

LIVE ALBUM CD:

LIVE ALBUM DVD:

"The Virgin Tour", ripped from the VHS. No extra or unreleased songs. Upscaled by Emily.

It will be this 

And if we complain about it it's just gonna be the main album with the material girl remasters and pretender and the Angel Extended Dance Mix added at the end

Just now, Would You Like To Try said:

It will be this 

And if we complain about it it's just gonna be the main album with the material girl remasters and pretender and the Angel Extended Dance Mix added at the end

If they add the 1995 remixes of "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" to a "Like A Virgin" potential reissue I think I will RIOT.

(I can't totally see them doing it, of course).

On 7/12/2024 at 12:12 PM, MikeyK said:

Also they could include her Live Aid performance as a bonus, especially if the cut VT songs are lost (which they likely are).

Wasn't the master reel for the virgin tour lost on 9/11? I could've sworn I read that somewhere they were storing the reels at one of the Trade towers.

edit: ive tried scouring the internet to see if my memory of what i read was correct but so far i've found nothing. sorry if i gave any of you a panic attack.

38 minutes ago, fauxswan said:

Wasn't the master reel for the virgin tour lost on 9/11? I could've sworn I read that somewhere they were storing the reels at one of the Trade towers.

edit: ive tried scouring the internet to see if my memory of what i read was correct but so far i've found nothing. sorry if i gave any of you a panic attack.

Don't worry, I've read it several times too, but to be honest, I've never really believed it.

1 hour ago, Would You Like To Try said:

I can see 2001 masters of most albums before Ray Of Light with 2 mixes added at the end 

In my opinion, the deluxe/expanded editions from The First Album up to I'm Breathless can be good and relatively complete in terms of material. They could even merge The First Album with Like a Virgin, True Blue with Who's That Girl and even with You Can Dance, and Like a Prayer with I'm Breathless (many artists combine major works with minor works for deluxe treatment).

The problem I see starts with Erotica, where the number of remixes, edits, demos, and unreleased songs becomes enormous, and many tracks would necessarily be left out unless they made boxes of 10 or 12 CDs.

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

Always been like that as far as I can remember. It's a "TIC" edit from a random 2001 compilation or something, I think.

When they released the "Borderline" digital single last year they fixed "Borderline" on the album but kept that version of "Holiday" cause it's on many playlists and has many streams. Maybe they're afraid to merge it with the 6-minute version and loose power -> shorter works better in streaming.

I had always thought this to be the reasoning too. I think most listeners of her big hits like that are casual listeners who probably would be turned off by a six minute version. 

8 hours ago, Anapausis said:

Ahn?? Is this new??? I didn't notice they traded original Holiday album version for Holiday TIC version (I guess this is what you're saying right muchacho???)

Anyways put the blame on Warner, this practice from theirs is old like hell and as of now the responsible for uploading Madonna's content on streaming platforms (Emily aka Johann Delebarre) seems to be on stand by waiting for the apocalypse which is very on the corner so... #thetimeisnear #soon

Si es lo que estoy diciendo 

9 hours ago, Prayer said:

REMASTERED 2024 ALBUM:

REMIXES + RARE TRACKS:

LIVE ALBUM CD:

LIVE ALBUM DVD:

Whatever it will be please, no cardboard pockets. My Madame X int. deluxe is so damn scratched that I'm afraid to pull it out of its package. 

Glad Finally Enough Love was in a digipack with plastic CD trays. I hope the reissues will be the same.

I think we can safely say that whatever ( if anything ) does come out we won’t be happy - maybe M thinks that too and has basically said “ fuck it - no expanded releases, Warner - here is your money back - after all , artists are here to disturb the fans “ 😂

2 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I think we can safely say that whatever ( if anything ) does come out we won’t be happy - maybe M thinks that too and has basically said “ fuck it - no expanded releases, Warner - here is your money back - after all , artists are here to disturb the fans “ 😂

Whatever they announce, we know the meltdowns here will be EPIC hahaha.

But it's part of the fun, I guess.

is this reliable?

https://x.com/insidethegroove/status/1813491123517571360?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I called this back at the end of last year and again earlier this year. Madonna has spent the last few weeks working on the reissues (expect news soon) and is now returning to her biopic (working title Who’s That Girl). Can’t wait! <a href="https://t.co/XuxG7sqHkQ">pic.twitter.com/XuxG7sqHkQ</a></p>&mdash; Inside The Groove (@insidethegroove) <a href="https://twitter.com/insidethegroove/status/1813491123517571360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 17, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11 minutes ago, Erotico said:

is this reliable?

https://x.com/insidethegroove/status/1813491123517571360?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I called this back at the end of last year and again earlier this year. Madonna has spent the last few weeks working on the reissues (expect news soon) and is now returning to her biopic (working title Who’s That Girl). Can’t wait! <a href="https://t.co/XuxG7sqHkQ">pic.twitter.com/XuxG7sqHkQ</a></p>&mdash; Inside The Groove (@insidethegroove) <a href="https://twitter.com/insidethegroove/status/1813491123517571360?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 17, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The same account posted 'So, plans change, but my understanding from sources who would know, that Madonna’s next project is to return to the Biopic. I don’t know what stage it’s at, but it makes a lot of sense. I really welcome it and am very happy to have Madonna writing and directing.' on May 11, 2024

https://x.com/insidethegroove/status/1789193184825704581