Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

Just now, Anapausis said:

Interesting. Are you from Evita's nation btw?

I live here in Misiones, Argentina. 🇦🇷 I grew up and spent most of my life in the United States before moving more permanently, 5 years ago, to Misiones. I live 30 minutes by car from Brazil and sometimes get my haircut there. My barber in Brazil is super hot.

7 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

I live here in Misiones, Argentina. 🇦🇷 I grew up and spent most of my life in the United States before moving more permanently, 5 years ago, to Misiones. I live 30 minutes by car from Brazil and sometimes get my haircut there. My barber in Brazil is super hot.

Ya sos casi un piojo entonces.

(In English: you're already almost an Argentinian dude so.)

EDIT: KEEPING ON REFRESHING THE PAGE, IT TAKES NOTHING TO U...

EDIT 2: Guess my aphasia's exclusive to English.

EDIT 3: ENOUGH WITH EDITS! (to this post tho)

Its going to be interesting to see how they incorporate the story telling aspect in a stadium setting.

The Bob part from DM post seems to be a warning or warm up to fans to prepare for something different as a narrator through the show.

I hoped instead of a bio they pivot to this kind of concept but think that would have been perfect for a Madame X style setting and Netflix type deal for a global audience, l am optimistic and curious but cant picture how that stays fun and engaging in a stadium, will it be fun stories about how songs were written and created or what was happening at the time (what l think fans or casuals would want) or more Billboard speech victim of misogyny type history (what M seems to want to do with her history). Maybe both l guess. Cyndi Lauper does that really well in her smaller shows.

Just now, cyberrage said:

Its going to be interesting to see how they incorporate the story telling aspect in a stadium setting.

The Bob part from DM post seems to be a warning or warm up to fans to prepare for something different as a narrator through the show.

I hoped instead of a bio they pivot to this kind of concept but think that would have been perfect for a Madame X style setting and Netflix type deal for a global audience, l am optimistic and curious but cant picture how that stays fun and engaging in a stadium, will it be fun stories about how songs were written and created or what was happening at the time (what l think fans or casuals would want) or more Billboard speech victim of misogyny type history (what M seems to want to do with her history). Maybe both l guess. Cyndi Lauper does that really well in her smaller shows.

To be fair she's only playing one stadium on the whole tour. Arenas are a different matter and it'll be fine, if worked for Britney.

6 minutes ago, cyberrage said:

To me it sounds like Bob (he’s a transformer) will be playing the part of her younger self and sometimes her older self as Madonna is singing.

2 minutes ago, cyberrage said:

You mean *arena* settings right?

Now that you are saying it, it is pretty understandable CT2 would never work in a stadium unless attendence's evidently viscerally in love with Madonna no matter the kind of flaws she does have *cough cough South America cough cough*. A big large venue wouldn't be able to tell a theater story with its wealth of details unless people would never ever blink whilst watching the concert.

Guess it was not just M's trauma to rainy weather which hindered CT2 to be performed at stadiums.

15 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Ya sos casi un piojo entonces.

(In English: you're already almost an Argentinian dude so.)

EDIT: KEEPING ON REFRESHING THE PAGE, IT TAKES NOTHING TO U...

EDIT 2: Guess my aphasia's exclusive to English.

EDIT 3: ENOUGH WITH EDITS! (to this post tho)

Where in Brazil 🇧🇷 are you from? I am dying to go to Gramado. But it’s super pricey. But looks so luxurious and fun.

8 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Where in Brazil 🇧🇷 are you from? I am dying to go to Gramado. But it’s super pricey. But looks so luxurious and fun.

A tip: a Bs. As. subway station is named after my city (yes my town's actually a city!)

EDIT: M came to here several times before and after finding love in Jesus. Last time I remember it was for Guy-O's wedding.

16 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Rio D. Janeiro ?

I've already told I am from Jesus (Luz)'s land! More specificly from Irajá neighbourhood.

Irajá's English wiki page:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irajá

EDIT: guess no more edits, just to state I'm proud to share my Irajá to Infinity, my two favourite places in the entire world. Now to be (kinda) OT: @Dazedmadonna, are you avoiding to talk with me by design? I ain't Kylie, but, don't be shy, boy, I don't bite (to M purists, I pretty know M said quite the same when interviewed by a fan awarded by MTV during The Next Best Thing press talking, tyvm).

6 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

I've already told I am from Jesus (Luz)'s land! More specificly from Irajá neighbourhood.

Amazing! Jesus is super hot. Aside from Gramado, I want to visit Rio and these nearby beaches and towns. I don’t like touristy things unless it’s Madonna tourism like visiting the clubs and towns where Jesus is from and visiting the Secret Project movie warehouse etc. 

I also like underground/experimental music art, film and culture.

I never heard of that subway stop in Buenos Aires. 

35 minutes ago, Honey Little said:

Amazing! Jesus is super hot. Aside from Gramado, I want to visit Rio and these nearby beaches and towns. I don’t like touristy things unless it’s Madonna tourism like visiting the clubs and towns where Jesus is from and visiting the Secret Project movie warehouse etc. 

I also like underground/experimental music art, film and culture.

I never heard of that subway stop in Buenos Aires. 

Ah she filmed *Secret Project Revolution* here, yes. I tend to forget much like entire 2013/2014 M timeframe *for instance the real title of this work* due to personal reasons related to my stanning to her.

I ain't editing this post anymore so now you can heart it, Honey Little, just stating too that Luz's now married (to a woman), as the very last thing I cared to know about him years ago so I don't even know he's now divorced or what as we in Brazil actually hate him (during and after M's affair) and used to call him by some 'lovely' Brazilian idioms - more precisely as "M's 'michê' or 'moleque piranha'" ("prostitute young man" works fine as a tame translation for both). *guess I love a broken promise* *well not broken anymore, waiting rn for ur heart chiquitito*

39 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

You mean *arena* settings right?

Now that you are saying it, it is pretty understandable CT2 would never work in a stadium unless attendence's evidently viscerally in love with Madonna no matter the kind of flaws she does have *cough cough South America cough cough*. A big large venue wouldn't be able to tell a theater story with its wealth of details unless people would never ever blink whilst watching the concert.

Guess it was not just M's trauma to rainy weather which hindered CT2 to be performed at stadiums.

Yes Stadium or Arena, same same in this context.

Not going to underestimate M, that would be foolish when she has staged something like confessions which l though was exceptional in the way it told the dancers stories. But will be interesting to see from what perspective she tells her story historically

Just now, cyberrage said:

Not going to underestimate M, that would be foolish when she has staged something like confessions which l though was exceptional in the way it told the dancers stories. But will be interesting to see from what perspective she tells her story historically

There's literally no comparison between a stadium and an arena. Lots of acts have done narrative based shows in arenas. Theatre productions have also been done in arenas. It's not that strange and it works.

18 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I'm confused on that crew member saying "rehearsals complete." 

I take it as the show is finalized and they're doing the last few dress rehearsals until opening night? 

It's a very good thing that the show is ready one week before the premiere. It means everything went along very well and as planned and they are not late. Now they have a full week for dress rehearsals which is perfect. 

41 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

EDIT: guess no more edits, just to state I'm proud to share my Irajá to Infinity, my two favourite places in the entire world. Now to be (kinda) OT: @Dazedmadonna, are you avoiding to talk with me by design? I ain't Kylie, but, don't be shy, boy, I don't bite (to M purists, I pretty know M said quite the same when interviewed by a fan awarded by MTV during The Next Best Thing press talking, tyvm).

I'm not avoiding anyone 😂. I'm just reading here and there when I have some time off

@Honey Littlenow I finally save you from refreshing the page.

9 minutes ago, cyberrage said:

6 minutes ago, scion said:

There's literally no comparison between a stadium and an arena. Lots of acts have done narrative based shows in arenas. Theatre productions have also been done in arenas. It's not that strange and it works.

Well, that's why I said "wealth of details" (would rather be if I said "richness" instead of "wealth" in this particular case, right?), such detailed scenario could be somehow lost if transportated to a larger venue, do I have some logic in this thought?

11 minutes ago, Dazedmadonna said:

I'm not avoiding anyone 😂. I'm just reading here and there when I have some time off

You have the right to avoid me anyway, you have earned everything and anything from me.

By saying this I state also I ain't being aggressive to u, just stating how much I trust in ur words and actions too, Dazed, because, as M sings, "actions speak louder than words," and how much I love "every little thing that you say or do - I'm hung up, I'm hanging up on you."

The Vikram Remix (which Madonna was apparently obsessed with back in the days) of Nothing Really Matters is a mostly stripped down version. If she truly does a ballad-ish version, I think she'd do something along the lines of that version.

Personally, I think the DM post was rather a hint about the show being autobiographical and is based on the script she wrote for the biopic. I really don’t see her digging out NRM especially not as opening unless it’s an intro video or snippet ala The Beast Within (RIT) or Breathwork.

If she does NRM, I can see it mixed with another song, possibly Vogue which would indeed be a killer opening. I still prefer Everybody as opening number though.

17 minutes ago, Redha DBL said:

It's a very good thing that the show is ready one week before the premiere. It means everything went along very well and as planned and they are not late. Now they have a full week for dress rehearsals which is perfect. 

Hoping they are taking the week off and finished all the rehearsals. They need time in between to rest before the tour. Not do dress rehearsals every day till the tour! That sounds like murder.

6 minutes ago, MPowered said:

The Vikram Remix (which Madonna was apparently obsessed with back in the days) of Nothing Really Matters is a mostly stripped down version. If she truly does a ballad-ish version, I think she'd do something along the lines of that version.

Personally, I think the DM post was rather a hint about the show being autobiographical and is based on the script she wrote for the biopic. I really don’t see her digging out NRM especially not as opening unless it’s an intro video or snippet ala The Beast Within (RIT) or Breathwork.

If she does NRM, I can see it mixed with another song, possibly Vogue which would indeed be a killer opening. I still prefer Everybody as opening number though.

Other seemingly reliable insiders have confirmed NRM as opener. By the way, Drowned Madonna actually DIDN'T say NRM would be the opener, they just updated their Facebook photo to the first verse of song. Speakerphone member from PopJustice actually added this peculiar info, later featured also on a tabloid report.

16 minutes ago, Anapausis said:

Other seemingly reliable insiders have confirmed NRM as opener. By the way, Drowned Madonna actually DIDN'T say NRM would be the opener, they just updated their Facebook photo to the first verse of song. Speakerphone member from PopJustice actually added this peculiar info, later featured also on a tabloid report.

Tabloids have been notorious for actually taking their info from forums.

Yes, I am aware that they only posted a verse, which is where my suspicion stems from. They never explicitly said that it was a setlist hint.

Those "insiders" have given rather unreliable info looking at HoneyLittle's list. I would definitely take it all with a grain of salt.