Rehearsals (spoilers alert)

truerebel

Thing with the opening song is, nobody is listening, most of these openings are fully developed for visual impact, and effectively so. After RIT the opening was always a rather lackluster song but with amazing staging and choreo, Ok GGW was the one "hit" of that album. But I just don't see the visual for NRM, surely she's not gonna do the Geisha look, at least I hope. But I thinking more about it the lyrics do make sense, so I could see it as either a shortened interlude ending on the line "something begins" and then we get that instantly recognizable hit song that will tear off the roof, orrrr she could indeed do it as a ballad, all alone only one spotlight while she travels in the air in that square thing we saw, towards the front catwalk, and thén we get that instantly recognizable hit song that will tear off the roof. In both cases I could see a shortened version ommiting the chorus and reprise the whole song as the penultimate performance of the show.

35 minutes ago, Alex the rebel heart said:

This NRM remix it's so good, maybe she can do a shorter reinterpretation of this, it can easily go well with full lyrics and a hint: it uses strings.

It's haunting at the beggining but then a nice beat comes on.

We know that there's someone at the tour who's going to play a strings instrument.

image.thumb.png.cc7a40db035e95c9e75f23aaa0bc8945.png

@MPoweredthere you have got it. Listening to this remix once more RN!

EDIT: now i see you were talking about the Vikram one... oops...

20 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

All this Kylie talk and arguing over the opening song. Lock the thread till opening night :Madonna021:

apart from the Kylie bs (which I also don't get) people are discussing the very few rumors and spoilers that we have, isn't that what this thread is for? Ticket prices and merch delays can discussed in the normal thread

2 hours ago, DJ N A said:

You’d hate Madonna then since she herself has used some of these exact words and phrases to describe her tours.

”My show is not a conventional rock show but a theatrical presentation of my music. And like theater it asks questions, provokes thoughts and takes you on an emotional journey, portraying good and bad, light and dark, joy and sorrow, redemption and salvation.” -Madonna

She is an artists. They’re supposed to make those kinda dramatic statements. 

What was the journey in blond ambition? What was the story? First she tells y’all to express yourself then she sings where’s the party and then she lays on bed hollering like a virgin. What’s the deep meaning behind that? What kinda journey is that? Where’s the light and where’s the dark? I’m sooo dying to know.  

5 minutes ago, broujeorbit said:

What was the journey in blond ambition? What was the story? First she tells y’all to express yourself then she sings where’s the party and then she lays on bed hollering like a virgin. What’s the deep meaning behind that? What kinda journey is that? Where’s the light and where’s the dark? I’m sooo dying to know.  

She turned the lights off and then back on so people leave the arena.

2 minutes ago, broujeorbit said:

Isn't it pretty obvious? The whole first segment is her behaving badly, swearing, wearing underwear as outerwear, having fun and sex and then she needs to repent for it which leads to the second section of the show. :)

22 minutes ago, broujeorbit said:

You need to get there used to be a Madonna pre-Kabbalah (defined by "when I was very young, nothing mattered to me, but making myself happy, I was the only one") and then current Madonna after "seeing the Light" ("now that I am grown, everything's changed, I'll never be the same, because of you").

Got it? Blond Ambition Madonna belongs to the 1st period of her life.

6 hours ago, broujeorbit said:

Or what does ‘confronting her young self’ even mean? Is there actually a intro where she says ‘hello audience, I’m now going to confront my younger self, let me start by singing Superpop because my younger self needs to reach the top, enjoy the show’? 

Maybe it’ll be another She’s Not Me where she beats up her prior incarnations. 🙃

1 hour ago, broujeorbit said:

The second segment, from Like A Virgin to Papa Don’t Preach, very much represents a journey to me. She’s a heathen who tries to return to the church for redemption, but they chastise and shame her so she abandons it by her own volition.

The second segment of The Girlie Show is as well. In an abstract sense it represents the rise & fall of disco and the carefree 70s. They’re in an empowered, all-welcoming, hedonistic space, but discrimination still exists outside, and it all comes to an end w/the AIDS epidemic.

2 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

The second segment, from Like A Virgin to Papa Don’t Preach, very much represents a journey to me. She’s a heathen who tries to return to the church for redemption, but they chastise and shame her so she abandons it by her own volition.

The second segment of The Girlie Show is as well. In an abstract sense it represents the rise & fall of disco and the carefree 70s. They’re in an empowered, all-welcoming, hedonistic space, but discrimination still exists outside, and it all comes to an end w/the AIDS epidemic.

Madonna is not Madonna by chance (or even luck).

A MASTERMIND.

48 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Loving to read those analysis!

10 minutes ago, Alex the rebel heart said:

I don't think that the videos on the background doesn't mean nothing...

https://www.facebook.com/drownedmadonna/videos/848635743386511

I agree. It's all about building hype or eliciting a response.  They know these videos will get people talking and generating assumptions, etc.  Yet, they don't really claim the videos are a "hint".  It's still anyone's guess.