P!nk supports Madonna over 'misogyny' claim

Starchild

2 hours ago, EgoRod said:

You always have high opinion about this subject.

Do you think bullying is okay then? Do you accept that those that don't represent themselves as established by their society conditions or unspoken rules, deserve to be bullied, judged and aggressively commented on?

Why someone voicing up that they won't bow down to others expectations is a victim?

Why is not you with your reserved  ideas and close minded views the problematic one?

When you’re a celebrity & do something odd or shocking you expect general public to let it go? Lol… I’m definitely not a close minded person. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Donna

I don't get how some keep gaslighting this idea that Madonna is playing a victim.  She isn't!  She will never!  She is only speaking up for herself and women.  She's leading by example and refusing to back down.  The audacity that someone would say that she should expect such criticisms because she says and does controversial things or if she changes her look or have face surgery.  That's just enabling and giving people a license to bully, intimidate and insult others.  I applaud P!nk for h

dankpepe

I agree with this. Madonna has done appearances at award shows where she looked normal but a little older such as at the Billboard Women In Music 2016 Awards. No articles cited her looking old or odd. I think even if Madonna showed up at the 2023 Grammys looking younger with amazing plastic surgery, the overall press would be praising her for looking so good at her age and turning back the hands of time. We just expect with all of the money Madonna has that she'd get good work and it shocks

Starchild

Pink thinks Madonna was right to complain about "ageism and misogyny". The 64-year-old pop icon was subjected to criticism and ridicule over her seemingly-altered appearance at the Grammy Awards, and Pink thinks she was perfectly entitled to voice her frustrations. The 43-year-old singer told the Sunday Mirror newspaper's No Filter showbiz column: "It’s unfair, it’s always unfair, and it’s ageism. The attitude is no longer that person has been amazing for so long, it’s all about bashin

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Drownedboy said:

The first ageist person here is Madonna for me, who always goes out with young people, tries to hide her age and all that stuff. You are living in a bubble if you can´t see that.

SO TRUE, she suppose to be an inspiration for people her age… the fact that I saw ALOT of comments from people saying how she’s against ageism yet she refuses to look her own age… 

Madonna was always disrespected. Talentless, desperate, vampiric are always words used to describe her. If she were a man and gotten such hate consistently throughout her career she would have probably been an addict or dead. 

And now the criticism is that she’s ugly. So, what if she is? 

Edited by Miki (see edit history)

35 minutes ago, Ayham said:

I saw ALOT of comments from people saying how she’s against ageism yet she refuses to look her own age… 

Embracing grey hair, wrinkles, and not getting any plastic surgery is only one idea of how to fight ageism. She constantly wears things that aren't generally considered to be acceptable for older women and proves she is capable of as much as a younger artist is. She's fighting ageism in her own way and that includes deciding what she does with her own face. 

56 minutes ago, Ayham said:

SO TRUE, she suppose to be an inspiration for people her age… the fact that I saw ALOT of comments from people saying how she’s against ageism yet she refuses to look her own age… 

In some societies at 13 a girl gets married and starts having babies. In the 50s young women were encouraged to marry and make a home. Now, at 65 a woman is encouraged to pursue a  career, look sexy, have young lovers... cultures and perspectives change and people like Madonna are setting a new trend which will be replaced by another in a few decades. 

Edited by Miki (see edit history)

47 minutes ago, Openyourheart said:

Embracing grey hair, wrinkles, and not getting any plastic surgery is only one idea of how to fight ageism. She constantly wears things that aren't generally considered to be acceptable for older women and proves she is capable of as much as a younger artist is. She's fighting ageism in her own way and that includes deciding what she does with her own face. 

That's true she constantly makes people her age or less still have human rights for fun

3 hours ago, EgoRod said:

We  don't know how the mental health of anyone is either. Because someone shows as strong or indifferent it does'nt means they are not struggling with depression or other serious issues. Assumption is a dangerous tool and acting based on your assumptions even more dangerous.

Exactly! 

2 hours ago, Ayham said:

When you’re a celebrity & do something odd or shocking you expect general public to let it go? Lol… I’m definitely not a close minded person. 

She did nothing shocking or odd. Also being a 'celebrity' is a status chosen by those who decide who is a celebrity. there's not reason to be mean or judgy about anyone whatever reason you are trying to justify is ok to do so.

On 2/19/2023 at 12:37 PM, Ayham said:

Totally what’s in my mind, you explained it perfectly well! It’s totally not about her age… or about a women.

The weirds part is the fact she’s fighting aging & wants to stay young yet she’s angry about ageism.

Babes let me show you what ageism means, because you keep throwing the term like a rag without knowing what it is.

You can be 16 and being a victim of ageism.

You are talking from a place where you feel entitled to have a harsh opinion about someone else life because it doesn't aligned with what you are taugh or those around you think.

Ageism is not fighting getting old like feminism is not fighting men.

Get some information and then be vocal about it.

44 minutes ago, Would You Like To Try said:

Can't wait for "this thread has been locked"

Good then, so maybe people stop  barfing opinions without a base or knowing what they are talking about, just because 'LOL' they think so and that's how things are. You know 'lol' celebrities.

Madonna has intentionally modified her look to what is considered strange and bizarre by the wider public, and the reactions have been according to that. It is only surprising, that some would like to reinterpret these reactions as misogyny or ageism, although young or male persons must also expect such reactions when they change their appearance "alien-like".

The (often exaggerated) reactions are just as planned and expected. Whether this masquerade is beneficial to their career, I don't know. In any case, she seems to enjoy causing this commotion.

1 hour ago, EgoRod said:

Babes let me show you what ageism means, because you keep throwing the term like a rag without knowing what it is.

You can be 16 and being a victim of ageism.

You are talking from a place where you feel entitled to have a harsh opinion about someone else life because it doesn't aligned with what you are taugh or those around you think.

Ageism is not fighting getting old like feminism is not fighting men.

Get some information and then be vocal about it.

ageism---how-we-think-feel-and-act-towards-others-or-ourselves-based-on-age.jpg

Thank you teacher! Wow I’m truly thankful for you. You made my day by this.

Fair And Balanced Eye Roll GIF

17 minutes ago, Levon said:

Madonna has intentionally modified her look to what is considered strange and bizarre by the wider public, and the reactions have been according to that. It is only surprising, that some would like to reinterpret these reactions as misogyny or ageism, although young or male persons must also expect such reactions when they change their appearance "alien-like".

The (often exaggerated) reactions are just as planned and expected. Whether this masquerade is beneficial to their career, I don't know. In any case, she seems to enjoy causing this commotion.

We are not talking here about the artist Orlan

The article quotes Pink on something that makes sense, nobody should be making comments or judgments or anyone else look, appearance or looks. Particularly when they are a woman and older than 45. 

It surprised me so much in a Madonna following being a trailblazer in so many aspects, giving way to queer, underdogs and misrepresented in society. How much criticism of appearance or having to follow social patterns or what it suppose to be or not. To please a bunch of cynical and repressed individuals.