WHO'S THAT GIRL IN BLURAY IN SPAIN ON JUNE 6!!!!!

Frank

23 minutes ago, Prayer said:

This. Madonna's Spanish dubs were usually GREAT and "Who's That Girl" is one of the best. Much better than the original!

When I became a fan and started watching her movies, dubbed of course, I remember I used to think "I don't know why people say she's a bad actress!" :Madonna003: They helped A LOT hehehe. Later I discovered the originals...

Though, I think her actual voice is a character in itself for this film.  She was all over the place with her dialect in this film, but oddly, it worked. But I get what you and Frank are saying.  Besides, I always felt it was her speaking voice in a lot of her films that always seemed odd.  It really started with Dick Tracy.  She always seemed a bit off when speaking.  Like she was too much in her head.  It really was apparent in Body of Evidence.  Very stiff sounding.

17 minutes ago, tscott said:

Though, I think her actual voice is a character in itself for this film.  She was all over the place with her dialect in this film, but oddly, it worked. But I get what you and Frank are saying.  Besides, I always felt it was her speaking voice in a lot of her films that always seemed odd.  It really started with Dick Tracy.  She always seemed a bit off when speaking.  Like she was too much in her head.  It really was apparent in Body of Evidence.  Very stiff sounding.

True. Watching the originals with her true voice helped me to see her really as an actress. She could be very stiff, yeah, but somehow that was sometimes part of her charm too? It totally worked in "Dick Tracy" (though I don't like that movie that much, to be honest) and even in "Body Of Evidence": she plays a cold heartless bitch and you're supposed to be confused during the movie in a "did she o didn't she?" way. And it works hahaha. I know the movie is terrible but I love it anyway and I truly think she's good in some scenes:

MEN. LIE.

We should open a topic about her movies :Madonna001:

14 minutes ago, Prayer said:

True. Watching the originals with her true voice helped me to see her really as an actress. She could be very stiff, yeah, but somehow that was sometimes part of her charm too? It totally worked in "Dick Tracy" (though I don't like that movie that much, to be honest) and even in "Body Of Evidence": she plays a cold heartless bitch and you're supposed to be confused during the movie in a "did she o didn't she?" way. And it works hahaha. I know the movie is terrible but I love it anyway and I truly think she's good in some scenes:

We should open a topic about her movies :Madonna001:

I think too many people were comparing BOE to Sharon Stone's Basic Instinct.  And yeah, Madonna isn't the greatest actress in the film, and I'm sure for some it was a dumb movie, but I really enjoyed it. But  I remember right from the start, a the cemetery, she came off very stiff and wooden.  That being said, she looked fantastic in the film.

In Dick Tracy, I was surprised she didn't more flack for her performance. Not that it was horrible, but much of her parts, there seemed to be some bit of a disconnect.  It was minimal and there was so much going on in the film, so many wacky characters, I think she was simply given a pass because she was playing a cartoon character.  And then her singing parts made forget how bad she could be as an actress. Also, she looks captivating upon that big screen. 

Finally received it (I cancelled the Amazon Spain order since it was still pending and bought it on an Italian website for the same price). Quality is great, glad I bought it! Wish they used the international title but oh well. 
So now her major starring role missing on bluray is The Next Best Thing, but does an hd transfer exist? The Amazon Prime copy is not hd at all and it looks like the dvd. 

I ended up with 2 copies now because I thought Amazon Spain were going to delay 😂😂 I watched the first 20 mins and I I’m impressed - it’s the same master used by Amazon but it’s a good smooth encode so happy with this and the English DTS 5.1 sounds very punchy too - If you love this film as much as I do then I would recommend buying it - the artwork is a bit cheap but it’s the disc itself which is most important and I don’t think warners will ever put this out 🥹

26 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Finally received it (I cancelled the Amazon Spain order since it was still pending and bought it on an Italian website for the same price). Quality is great, glad I bought it! Wish they used the international title but oh well. 
So now her major starring role missing on bluray is The Next Best Thing, but does an hd transfer exist? The Amazon Prime copy is not hd at all and it looks like the dvd. 

The HD rip that leaked in 2020 I believe is a HD file - I think it was shown on hbo Spain or some country and it’s definitely an upgrade from the dvd 

• 2 weeks later...