MADONNA The First Album Reissue 7.27.23/The Madonna Infinity Breakdown Thread

RUADJAI

16 hours ago, tscott said:

Unfortunately, it's a forgotten album from her catalog.  Madonna basically made Human Nature into a classic staple song, even though it wasn't a huge hit.  TAB and Secret while fans still love, but the public rarely remembers those songs, due to Madonna's lack of attention to them.  Other than fans, I never hear that album really discussed among her catalog by the public and media.  Even American Life gets far more attention and mention and it did far worse than BS. 

I also feel like Music (the album) is being left in the dust too. I rarely hear people talk about that album either.  It's a great album, but obviously that was somewhat a transition album from ROL to AL.  I think it's become a lost gem as much as BS is. 

Actually, I would say Secret is pretty much a classic Madonna song here in Europe and radios play it often. 

But I agree that Bedtime Stories, even if it is amongst my TOP3 Madonna's albums, is completely forgotten album. And cannot be seen as a landmark album, at all. 

As you said, Human Nature was rather made by Madonna classic directly by Madonna using it during her tours, but other than fans, general public is not familiar with song that much, same applies for Bedtime Story song. Only true hit from that album is Take a Bow, but for some reason most people don't associate it with Bedtime Stories album directly. 

To be completely honest, I would say Bedtime Stories album didn't even have a chance, really. It is stuck between the huge controversy Erotica made and an absolute comeback and overally praised Ray of Light. Probably every album released between those two would have been completely overlooked in a long run. 

9 minutes ago, HC Charge said:

Actually, I would say Secret is pretty much a classic Madonna song here in Europe and radios play it often. 

But I agree that Bedtime Stories, even if it is amongst my TOP3 Madonna's albums, is completely forgotten album. And cannot be seen as a landmark album, at all. 

As you said, Human Nature was rather made by Madonna classic directly by Madonna using it during her tours, but other than fans, general public is not familiar with song that much, same applies for Bedtime Story song. Only true hit from that album is Take a Bow, but for some reason most people don't associate it with Bedtime Stories album directly. 

To be completely honest, I would say Bedtime Stories album didn't even have a chance, really. It is stuck between the huge controversy Erotica made and an absolute comeback and overally praised Ray of Light. Probably every album released between those two would have been completely overlooked in a long run. 

I still think BS is a poor album musically - it just reminds me of that derivative R n B sound all the US acts we’re using at the time ( just like now everyone is using that droning trap sound and vocoder ) the only song that stood out as a fresh song was the the title track and sanctuary which ate the only tracks I still listen too - it did produce 4 amazing videos though so I’m grateful for that and I love the artwork too - I agree it’s mostly forgotten about by the general public and that’s probably why for the reasons I said above 

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I still think BS is a poor album musically - it just reminds me of that derivative R n B sound all the US acts we’re using at the time ( just like now everyone is using that droning trap sound and vocoder ) the only song that stood out as a fresh song was the the title track and sanctuary which ate the only tracks I still listen too - it did produce 4 amazing videos though so I’m grateful for that and I love the artwork too - I agree it’s mostly forgotten about by the general public and that’s probably why for the reasons I said above 

I totally agree with the above (Minus for the artwork that i also boring and un-inspired).

5 hours ago, HC Charge said:

Agree.  I mean i'm sure we can find multiple articles on I'm Breathless as well, but it doesn't mean it's an album everyone speaks of when they think of Madonna.  And this is what I was basically trying to point out regarding BS.  It's hardly an album the general public even thinks of or remembers from Madonna.

Anyway, we are just offering our opinions here, which is great. I enjoy reading what other people have to say. For me, it's not a contest of who is right or wrong.  Bedtime Stories is a wonderful and beautiful album and I truly hope it gets the expanded re-issue treatment. It deserves it.  :)

On 7/29/2023 at 12:10 AM, BoyToyMark said:

I feel like the least they could do is update the album on streaming with the actual album version of 'Holiday'...

I keep saying this and have been told I’m being nit picky. 🙄

Imo it just looks like a lack of reverence. This highly revered, massive catalog that made them shitloads of money over the years and they’re like eh whatever. Either that or they’re disorganized af.

Ffs just upload the tracks from a copy of the damn 01 remaster cd. 

On 7/28/2023 at 12:48 PM, Blue Jean said:

I forgot like a virgin.

Warner certainly won’t. I feel like of all the “landmark” albums that could get some kind of remaster/reissue/re-whatever, this will be at the top of the list.

Watch them skip the first album and roll out the red carpet for this next year lol.

3 minutes ago, MikeyK said:

Warner certainly won’t. I feel like of all the “landmark” albums that could get some kind of remaster/reissue/re-whatever, this will be at the top of the list.

Watch them skip the first album and roll out the red carpet for this next year lol.

It's greatly possible they will make a bigger deal about this album since this is the one that really put her on the map.  Then again, the way they are commemorating the first album currently, makes me second guess.  LOL!

On 7/28/2023 at 3:22 PM, tscott said:

Yeah, I'm doubting we are going to see anything "expanded" for I'm Breathless and the Immaculate Collection.  I feel that we're just going to get expanded versions of certain studio albums.  Maybe something specially curated for Vogue down the line too.  Not that they can't re-issue these albums still, but I would expect it would just be for remastering for sound, if not even making colored Vinyls available for them.  Immaculate Collection already got an update wit Dolby Atmoss sound, so I can see things like that happening with certain albums too.

Well, I was thinking we will get a box combining Breathless, Immaculate, and Blond ambition, or at least Breathless and Blonde Am.  I don't know if there are any unreleased songs for Breathless, but for Immaculate Collection she apparently sang a solo version of a song called Get Over that was later released (with her backing vocals) by a singer named Nick Scotti.

1 hour ago, momosfantasy said:

Well, I was thinking we will get a box combining Breathless, Immaculate, and Blond ambition, or at least Breathless and Blonde Am.  I don't know if there are any unreleased songs for Breathless, but for Immaculate Collection she apparently sang a solo version of a song called Get Over that was later released (with her backing vocals) by a singer named Nick Scotti.

Sounds like a great idea, but I'm betting this will not happen.  But I had forgotten that "Get Over" was written for intention as a song to be included on Immaculate Collection.  I'd love to hear her demo of that.  :)

On 8/1/2023 at 3:31 PM, tscott said:

Sounds like a great idea, but I'm betting this will not happen.  But I had forgotten that "Get Over" was written for intention as a song to be included on Immaculate Collection.  I'd love to hear her demo of that.  :)

IDK, they have to be aware of how requested Blonde Ambition is, so IB and IC seem like the perfect tie -ins.  But I could be biased, that was there era when my BFF and I started collecting and learning the hobby. 

God, the whole neighborhood had to have known how gay we were, a couple of 13-14 year olds playing the showtimes from I'm Breathless at top volume on my portable tape player (of course we called it a ghettoblaster back in the day, lol).  Hell, the neighbors probably figured it out before either of us did, hahaha!!