Stockholm 28.10.23 - The Biggest Show

scion

I noticed that the area dedicated to the golden circle in Stockholm was much bigger than at the venue in Antwerp for example. In Stockholm the GC took all the front of the stage and even around the catwalks. I wonder if this is going to be the case also for other venues such as Paris. 

Oh my stars!

That was the best show since the Confessions Tour!
Very heavy bass, but Madonna was on fire. She was in a splendid mood, and the show itself was amazing.

Seeing all her friends on big screens during Live To Tell was very moving, and I almost cried when I saw Gabriel's portrait.

Those of you who have tickets for coming concerts are in for an amazing evening.

By the way: This is about half of Tele2 Arena. The place is huge, and Madonna was very pleased and said that she likes playing in soccer stadiums. :)

Madonna Stockholm 281023.jpg

On 10/3/2023 at 6:20 AM, Blue Jean said:

This is also Halloween weekend. Im thinking I’ll dress up and go trick or treating at the concert!

On 10/3/2023 at 1:47 PM, Honey Little said:

They do that in the USA not Europe, Blue Jean.

Actually some people here in Sweden have Halloween themed parties and take the kids out for trick or treating.  :)

II was standing right at that sound engineering thingy! Some resale seats were available and empty so not 100% sold out but almost. Tele2Arena has quite bad acoustics cos it's not made for music but sports so even at that point the sound was not optimal so I don't want to imagine what it was like near the walls and roof.

I think I hyped this thing up so much in my mind that I find flaws because I imagined this perfect experience. In the end I did have a great time so I should just take it with the bad and good, Madonna herself was phenomenal, the show will slay on DVD because of the visual and then nothing can block my vision haha

Had the most amazing time at the Stockholm show. She was so charismatic and in amazing form. Every time I see her I'm always amazed by how tiny and yet completely magnetic she is. Her smile lights up the entire room. I was standing very close to the end of the center catwalk and it's almost unreal how close to her you get at that spot. Here are a few short videos i shot during the show:

Rain

I Will Survive

Hung Up

Don't Tell Me

Vogue (with Rocco)

7 hours ago, mushaboom said:

Had the most amazing time at the Stockholm show. She was so charismatic and in amazing form. Every time I see her I'm always amazed by how tiny and yet completely magnetic she is. Her smile lights up the entire room. I was standing very close to the end of the center catwalk and it's almost unreal how close to her you get at that spot. Here are a few short videos i shot during the show:

Rain

I Will Survive

Hung Up

Don't Tell Me

Vogue (with Rocco)

Omg you had the best spot!! I couldn't really see her dance at all because at best I saw her face and shoulders from the crowd

49 minutes ago, frozenonadancefloor said:

Omg you had the best spot!! I couldn't really see her dance at all because at best I saw her face and shoulders from the crowd

I was given the job of choosing a spot for our group, and I was sooo happy with the way it worked out! It's always nerve wrecking choosing a spot, because there really are many good ones for this show. I was there with my husband and a group of friends (all casual to big fans of M), and really wanted to give them all the best possible experience, so I'm really glad they all got to witness the show the way they did. They were all super impressed with both the show and all it's intricacies, and with Madonna and the way she looked, moved and sang. My best friend cried tears of joy and excitement throughout the entire show, and my other friends' boyfriend who's a casual fan of her 80s music said the show was in his top five concerts of all times. Nothing beats the feeling :heart:

How was the crowd where you were standing? 

Edited by mushaboom (see edit history)

51 minutes ago, mushaboom said:

I was given the job of choosing a spot for our group, and I was sooo happy with the way it worked out! It's always nerve wrecking choosing a spot, because there really are many good ones for this show. I was there with my husband and a group of friends (all casual to big fans of M), and really wanted to give them all the best possible experience, so I'm really glad they all got to witness the show the way they did. They were all super impressed with both the show and all it's intricacies, and with Madonna and the way she looked, moved and sang. My best friend cried tears of joy and excitement throughout the entire show, and my other friends' boyfriend who's a casual fan of her 80s music said the show was in his top five concerts of all times. Nothing beats the feeling :heart:

How was the crowd where you were standing? 

There was one very big fan who filmed the show and himself with 2 cameras at the same time it was funny. Some other women danced but few big guys just stood still and stared her while blocking everyone's view. Me and my friend were able to sneak a little further during dont tell me because so many people started leaving/going to the back of the pit so there was suddenly room in front of the big guys, we asked one of them if we can go there and I was able to get to the barricades on the side so I was on the sound mixing thing and in the middle. I saw her directly for I will survive, some of La Isla Bonita, rain, bedtime story and ray of light of course so it was the best part of the show for me to see her pretty near me. At that point the crowd was tired I think but la Isla Bonita got people excited and so did ray of light because she got near everyone. But yeah I think the diehard fans must've been at the pit because these people probably had never even heard bedtime story, bitch I'm madonna or rain. I think everyone around me was just too dedicated on filming the show and that is one big reason seeing her was so hard because everyone had their arms up pretty much all the time.

I'm glad I went but fighting to see and standing on my toes was pretty exhausting, but still I got to see her upclose and when hung up started the crowd was insane so there were lots of good moments. I kind of missed open your heart and erotica/justify my love segment because seeing that side of the stage was just impossible to me so that is one oof for me but still I got lots of good memories and the speech she gave about war/children almost made me cry

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I was in the sound factory pit!

It was absolutely sensational!

The hard Candy lollies were fucking delicious 

I was in the SF pit too! I probably bumped into you dancing around maniacally, sorry lol.
And hey - I was watching some of your vids the days before whilst hyping myself up! Good work :heart:

The show was spectacular again. I loved the Sound Factory experience, allowed me to get a good view of the entire show and the pit was spacious enough to let you move and dance freely. And I managed to go get water quickly multiple times, a massive plus lol.

The arrangement was a disaster though. The venue + Live Nation didn't bother to adjust the stage time from the fucking tour announcement so people received info on Thursday that Bob was doing his opening act at 8 and Madonna would start after he finished... which, ya know, we all know isn't the fucking case. I'm literally a nobody and I could give more accurate information than the people getting paid to tap in numbers in an e-mail.
The incompetence.
Lazy ass heifers.

Much like Antwerp, Madonna was late for the soundcheck so doors didn't open at 6 but rather 7. I honestly do not give a flying fuck if Madonna is late or not. Really, not a single shit. We know time, evidently, is relative in her world so why don't these idiotic arrangers find some fucking solution knowing that this either will or may very likely be the case? Solutions other than having tens and thousands of people queuing in a huge bundle of bodies? I can't believe we forgot about Manchester so fast - the security risks are overwhelmingly apparent in situations like that.