[October 17, 2023] The Celebration Tour, London #3

danbekim

23 hours ago, danbekim said:

Let's discuss! Do you think the show will be presented in it's full glory without missing songs this time round? Are you attending? 

So far every show of the tour has been SOLD OUT! 

hi @danbekim ! Let's see how the today show goes... I do this daily posters for everyshow since rebel heart tour, so if you want, you can put in the first entrance when you create the daily post. Thank you!

17 octubre.jpg

21 hours ago, danbekim said:

Let's hope she actually does. There's a rumor that she couldn't perform the full show on opening night either, there were like 3 songs left

Nah there's no way there were 3 songs left, the show ends with Celebration. She started around 8.40 which is earlier than most shows at the O2 start.

So, I attended this show, and it was amazing.

It's true Diplo was the support act, and he was shit. He did get the crowd going though, I'll give him that.

I was surprised by how diverse the audience was, if I'm honest. There were a lot of people my age (30) and younger, in addition to older people too. I saw a lot of M tributes from audience members too. Off the top of my head, I saw at least five in the "Italians Do It Better" shirt, two Super Bowl M's, two Vogue VMA Ms, one Hanky Panky BAT M, and one American Life RIT M.

Can confirm that she started the show on time (at 8:50pm), we got a full show, and the crowd were living. One of the most animated crowds I've been part of, given it was a midweek crowd. We had seats towards the back of the arena (Block 106), and everywhere you looked there were people getting their lives to pretty much every song. Seats were fantastic, but when M came to the very end of the centre catwalk, our vision of her was blocked due to the bunch of cable wires that were hanging directly in front of us (although this occurred maybe 2% of the show, so it's no big deal).

Into the Groove was a big crowd pleaser, as were Holiday, Like a Prayer, the Papa Don't Preach intro, Vogue, Don't Tell Me and the literal ten-second rendition of Music we got. The finale I found quite abrupt and confusing (and so did everyone in my section), but other than that, I can't fault it. The LAV/BJ tribute is gorgeous, by the way - another crowd pleaser. The setlist was exactly the same as opening night. I never heard any snippets of Candy Shop (although I hate that song and don't know why she loves it so much), or of Spotlight, tbh.

She also got quite emotional when she was discussing what was going on in Israel/Gaza, and mentioned a six-year-old boy who was murdered in Chicago on Monday. All in all, £200 very much well spent.

17 hours ago, Where's The Party? said:

So, I attended this show, and it was amazing.

It's true Diplo was the support act, and he was shit. He did get the crowd going though, I'll give him that.

I was surprised by how diverse the audience was, if I'm honest. There were a lot of people my age (30) and younger, in addition to older people too. I saw a lot of M tributes from audience members too. Off the top of my head, I saw at least five in the "Italians Do It Better" shirt, two Super Bowl M's, two Vogue VMA Ms, one Hanky Panky BAT M, and one American Life RIT M.

Can confirm that she started the show on time (at 8:50pm), we got a full show, and the crowd were living. One of the most animated crowds I've been part of, given it was a midweek crowd. We had seats towards the back of the arena (Block 106), and everywhere you looked there were people getting their lives to pretty much every song. Seats were fantastic, but when M came to the very end of the centre catwalk, our vision of her was blocked due to the bunch of cable wires that were hanging directly in front of us (although this occurred maybe 2% of the show, so it's no big deal).

Into the Groove was a big crowd pleaser, as were Holiday, Like a Prayer, the Papa Don't Preach intro, Vogue, Don't Tell Me and the literal ten-second rendition of Music we got. The finale I found quite abrupt and confusing (and so did everyone in my section), but other than that, I can't fault it. The LAV/BJ tribute is gorgeous, by the way - another crowd pleaser. The setlist was exactly the same as opening night. I never heard any snippets of Candy Shop (although I hate that song and don't know why she loves it so much), or of Spotlight, tbh.

She also got quite emotional when she was discussing what was going on in Israel/Gaza, and mentioned a six-year-old boy who was murdered in Chicago on Monday. All in all, £200 very much well spent.

Thank you soo much.